Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

White supremacy had existed, yet only in theory. It wasn't until this country was created, that law allowed the theory to have a home and protection under the law. This allowed it to be practiced, legally.

Thus, racism.

This is flatly wrong.

You'll be happy to know ppl of color are and have been looked down upon in many societies in many countries for millenia. There are some parts of racism that are uniquely American but white Americans didnt invent the ideology

This is flatly wrong.

You'll be happy to know ppl of color are and have been looked down upon in many societies in many countries for millenia. There are some parts of racism that are uniquely American but white Americans didnt invent the ideology
That was called tribalism. Do the research, as there is proof on this very thread.

White supremacy had existed, yet only in theory. It wasn't until this country was created, that law allowed the theory to have a home and protection under the law. This allowed it to be practiced, legally.

Thus, racism.

How can something be created after it already existed?

So if you're a student, teacher, janitor, etc and you find a hit list in the bathroom....there is no call to action?

That’s not what the commercial depicted though

Lol @ starting off any point you’re trying to make with “so if...”

Cmon bro obviously that’s different

saw this at the gym this morning.. my reaction was:

source.gif

That’s not what the commercial depicted though

Lol @ starting off any point you’re trying to make with “so if...”

Cmon bro obviously that’s different

What are you trying to say? Saying there's no call to action we can take is a little vague. There are proactive and reactive steps folks can do even if the government has no intention of stepping in.

Woulda been a great ad for something like a bullet proof bookbag.
this is the second one theyve done. they did one a year or 2 ago that also went viral iirc. i think it IS fearmongering. all of that commercial leads to "look for signs" like.... ok. it starts at home. parents have to raise their kids to value life, to understand "NO" and authority. and teachers n parents have to recognize signs, but also the government needs better systems to respond to signs.

a commercial going to this extent saying look for signs is kinda like....sheesh.

So if you're a student, teacher, janitor, etc and you find a hit list in the bathroom....there is no call to action?

I think it's trying to have the same effect as cigarette ads with old folks speaking through their tracheostomy. Or texting/drinking and driving with car wreck and people hanging out the windshield. The visual aids elicit more of a response. Get people talking.

Last edited:
Kinda sarcastic yes but trying to be funny? Not at all. Trying to drive a point home. Before i clicked it i thought it was a real ad for a bullet proof bookbag.

Same. I thought it was a legit ad for bulletproof school supplies, like that girls trapper keeper is Kevlar or something. And it didn’t faze me at all that it could’ve been real. Sad times :smh:

What are you trying to say? Saying there's no call to action we can take is a little vague. There are proactive and reactive steps folks can do even if the government has no intention of stepping in.

The commercial serves no purpose other than to rile up your emotions

There’s nothing I can do to stop a kid from shooting up a school if his personal problems lead him to that and this idea of “warning signs” is gonna likely create more school shooters when we start profiling weird emo depressed looking white kids

I don’t know what the solution is (u can’t just ban all guns and leave criminals with them) but commercials like that aren’t really helping

Fear mongering IMO and some radical overreaction that we’ll accept at a place of emotional vulnerability always is soon to follow when tactics like this start being used

There’s nothing I can do to stop a kid from shooting up a school if his personal problems lead him to that and this idea of “warning signs” is gonna likely create more school shooters when we start profiling weird emo depressed looking white kids

I think this bit needs to be discussed. There's a lot that can be done that can reduce the chances of a kid becoming a school shooter. Nothing guaranteed of course but if the kid is bullied or is taking rejection badly having him open up and address those issues can certainly "stop" him.

Depending on how we address the warning signs, "profiling" kids with warning signs can lead to a dialog that can make kids less violent.

You might not be able to stop every one. But you can certainly make the path a little more difficult for some and maybe prevent some others. Offering no resistance would be idiotic.

I don't want to get in to hypotheticals, but recognizing warning signs and blowing up spots is a hell of a lot better then "welp nothing I can do. Better pepper this angus."

If I ever have a kid and he comes home and tells me he saw Jimmy writing up a hit list in home room....best believe I'm raising hell.

You might not be able to stop every one. But you can certainly make the path a little more difficult for some and maybe prevent some others. Offering no resistance would be idiotic.

I don't want to get in to hypotheticals, but recognizing warning signs and blowing up spots is a hell of a lot better then "welp nothing I can do. Better pepper this angus."

If I ever have a kid and he comes home and tells me he saw Jimmy writing up a hit list in home room....best believe I'm raising hell.

again you're gonna cause more problems tryna get him to be all up hounding the quiet weird kids' notebook drawings/journal :lol:

u really think it's that easy. these ****** just be in homeroom looking around making an itinerary for who they finna hit up....

lol i feel the sentiment man but if it was that easy to take action against this **** the **** wouldnt have gotten this bad. you gon get your kid beat up or him solely shot tryna get him to profile all quiet weird kids he comes across

again you're gonna cause more problems tryna get him to be all up hounding the quiet weird kids' notebook drawings/journal :lol:

That's conjecture though. For every kid it riles up and motivates them even more, there might be one who gets swept up and eventually caught during the planning stage if someone speaks up (aka "call to action")

Literally 3 days ago one was thwarted because someone spoke up and the bish was arrested. Better than doing nothing for christ sake. You're making it seem like folks should just be like "nah leave him be, he'll just get madder." I don't understand that. At all. Snitching on someone for a hit list or making verbal threats isn't profiling either.

Last edited:
That's conjecture though. For every kid it riles up and motivates them even more, there might be one who gets swept up and eventually caught during the planning stage if someone speaks up (aka "call to action")

Literally 3 days ago one was thwarted because someone spoke up and the bish was arrested. Better than doing nothing for christ sake. You're making it seem like folks should just be like "nah leave him be, he'll just get madder." I don't understand that. At all.

Shorty wildin, where they she get gwap for the guns...?

Literally 3 days ago one was thwarted because someone spoke up and the bish was arrested. Better than doing nothing for christ sake. You're making it seem like folks should just be like "nah leave him be, he'll just get madder." I don't understand that. At all. Snitching on someone for a hit list or making verbal threats isn't profiling either.

You can’t joke like this no more but I knew “weird” *** kids who used to make dark humor like this growing up.

Good on them for being proactive and u can’t afford to not arrest her nowadays. But she coulda very well been just talking bull**** for attention/weird sense of humor. anyone who dead serious about doing that **** gonna just do it with no telling anyone lol. They still gotta arrest her just on the safe side tho.

I see what you’re saying though, if you see a sign say something that’s all u can do.

Back
Top Bottom