Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

I don't think it's that simple. It is my understanding that in order to ratify an amendment, you need 2/3rds of congress and 2/3rds of the states to agree. So if one party is against it, then there is nothing a single party can do about it.
Im not arguing any of this nor what RustyShackleford RustyShackleford has said ... my comment is simple ... the people in power dont want things to change. If you can't make it happen, you aren't in power ....

Im not arguing any of this nor what RustyShackleford RustyShackleford has said ... my comment is simple ... the people in power dont want things to change. If you can't make it happen, you aren't in power ....
That doesn't make sense though. We have a two party "power" system. You can be in power but still not have enough power to get things done. So phrasing as the people in power don't want things to change is inaccurate. There are people in power who wants things to change. But there are also people with equal power who doesn't.
By your logic, no one really has power.

This is why these pro life people are such hypocrites and liars. Has a Republican Congressman who happens to be a racist scum get shot and almost died but he's the first one talking about second amendment rights. No low is too low for these clowns.

I don't think Sandy Hook was the beginning of anything

I think it was the end of a period of time when people thought that a crime could come along that was so horrific that conservatives would be like "ok that's enough" and at least compromise. Like what happened in Australia

Sandy Hook put an end to that fantasy. Once they murdered little kids in school and nothing was done, I think it should be clear there is no bottom for gun nuts; and if there is, we are far from it.

I legit think someone could shoot up a nursery with a gun they bought from a gun show and the NRA, GOP, and the single-issue pro-gun folk will be like 🤷‍♂️, cost of freedom

Then complain about protecting kids from the real dangers in schools, like CRT, and LBGTQ books

You, in my opinion , might just be one the most level headed folks on here. Here it is folks are clamoring at this BS CRT, LGBTQ, Sex Ed, etc…. But when babies are murdered at a place that they have every ******* right to be, silence on the line. I don’t give two ***** what “side of the aisle” any human is on, but if they can’t look at this and be like “alright, this is enough” then I hope Hell is just a little hotter for them. Like how can they not put their babies ahead of votes. I remember when my kids (24 and 20 now) I loved dropping my kiddos off, and not worrying about a super tragic call or any of that. I was excited to wait in the pick up line, get my babies, go home and knock out some homework, and just overall loving being a parent. I can’t imagine some a-hole taking that away from me, and I hope many on here feel the same.

Back
Top Bottom