Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Furthermore, considering that there isn't a society on this planet that can 100% fullfill the lives of ALL its members, is it responsible to make it so easy for those unsatisfied souls to ruin other people's lives?

no it is not responsible in the least, but that ship sailed generations ago IMO. we're like 5 years away from being able to print the things.

it's going to get way worse before it gets any better, sad facts.

Yeah kinda odd how the powers that be want to tout how sensitive and on edge folks are now (to their own folly) yet make access to these weapons of mass destruction easy for them.

Obviously, this will probably never happen in the US but it's a better solution than thoughts and prayers every few weeks...

Obviously, this will probably never happen in the US but it's a better solution than thoughts and prayers every few weeks...

all common sense things that have been suggested in various threads here as well. the only problem is, its too late to STOP the problem by enacting rules on OBTAINING firearms. theres so many in circulation that you need to do these kinds of precautions moving forward, but certainly have to get a grip on the damage thats already been done. and for that one, there are no easy answers.

all common sense things that have been suggested in various threads here as well. the only problem is, its too late to STOP the problem by enacting rules on OBTAINING firearms. theres so many in circulation that you need to do these kinds of precautions moving forward, but certainly have to get a grip on the damage thats already been done. and for that one, there are no easy answers.

I agree with you. I have no solution for the firearms that are already out there. I have a feeling that things are just going to get much worse moving forward.

I don’t agree. Yes, throw regulations now so that number doesn’t get any bigger. Find a different solution for those already in the system.

I agree with you. I have no solution for the firearms that are already out there. I have a feeling that things are just going to get much worse moving forward.

politics have divided the nation in a way we havent seen in nearly 30 years. people are angry, and the idiot in chief is fueling anger. many white people somehow feel like ostracized victims in a minority right now. all sides are full of hatred at this point. people sick of conditions not improving. over-medicated youth combined with the fact that the younger generation is completely disconnected from society and in many ways, their humanity? its a nightmare cocktail.

ive said this argument before. these guns didnt JUST get here. they were here while u and i were in school too. they just werent used as a way to vent frustration on the innocent like they are now. sure there was violence. sure there was murder. but it wasn't a weekly thing to just take a gun and go shoot up a public place cuz ur gf dumped you, or cuz ur bored. ELEMENTARY SCHOOLERS in the city next to me plotting to stab 15 students to death, chop their bodies up, eat pieces and drink their blood then kill themselves? like wtf kinda crap? our society has completely broken right now.

so many factors to tackle to really get a grip on this issue. and just when u think maybe the next generation will fix it, they show u they cant be trusted at all with their fame/clout-chasing, overly-emotional, heavily-drugged up selves. feels like this is on the millennial to figure out and fix right now....

I don’t agree. Yes, throw regulations now so that number doesn’t get any bigger. Find a different solution for those already in the system.

im gonna assume you read through it too fast:
" its too late to STOP the problem by enacting rules on OBTAINING firearms."
you cant stop the violence problem we currently HAVE.... by making it harder for new guns to come into circulation. the problem is here now, not in the future.

"theres so many in circulation that you need to do these kinds of precautions moving forward,"
you NEED TO DO these kinds of precautions moving forward. as in.... yes, we need to enact these things, but it wont fix the issue.

On a side note, for illegally purchased guns, what do you guys think about a "turn in your guns" amnesty program similar to the one in Australia? Hundreds of thousands of guns were turned in

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-43236421

"Australians turned in more than 57,000 firearms to authorities last year during a national gun amnesty.

The three-month amnesty was the first since Australia's landmark response to a mass shooting in 1996.

It aimed to reduce the number of illicit weapons by allowing people to hand them over without fear of prosecution.

The government said the amnesty deal had made the nation safer.

Australia last held a gun amnesty in 1996 and 1997, following the killing of 35 people in the Tasmanian town of Port Arthur - the nation's worst mass shooting.

At that time, nearly 650,000 firearms were handed in.

The incident also prompted major reform of gun laws, including a ban on semi-automatic and automatic weapons."

Sometimes I think it'd help, but we have too many "DON'T TREAD ON ME" rednecks who are going to see it as the government taking their guns in order to be able to plan attacks on them (as if anything would prevent them from doing so already, if the gov. really wanted to)

On a side note, for illegally purchased guns, what do you guys think about a "turn in your guns" amnesty program similar to the one in Australia? Hundreds of thousands of guns were turned in

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-43236421

"Australians turned in more than 57,000 firearms to authorities last year during a national gun amnesty.

The three-month amnesty was the first since Australia's landmark response to a mass shooting in 1996.

It aimed to reduce the number of illicit weapons by allowing people to hand them over without fear of prosecution.

The government said the amnesty deal had made the nation safer.

Australia last held a gun amnesty in 1996 and 1997, following the killing of 35 people in the Tasmanian town of Port Arthur - the nation's worst mass shooting.

At that time, nearly 650,000 firearms were handed in.

The incident also prompted major reform of gun laws, including a ban on semi-automatic and automatic weapons."

Sometimes I think it'd help, but we have too many "DON'T TREAD ON ME" rednecks who are going to see it as the government taking their guns in order to be able to plan attacks on them (as if anything would prevent them from doing so already, if the gov. really wanted to)

wouldnt work. australia had an estimated 2 million guns in circulation by the time they did the amnesty. america doing an amnesty today would be against 300 million, literally 150 times the size. many law abiding citizens would give guns back. a few criminals would probably trade in hot/dirty guns so their crimes wouldnt be traceable after the guns got melted down. but overall, most guns would remain hidden. youd see an uptick in armed crime in any cities with huge success in buybacks as well.

15 people died at Columbine and there was round the clock coverage for weeks if not months. Protests and everything.

As more of these happen, there's less and less coverage. That just tells me we've come to tolerate mass shootings as a relatively normal occurrence.
That and in general, news turns over at a quicker rate these days due to the nature of the news cycle

WE NEED TO HAVE ARMED TEACHERS!

This is in the city next to me. Again. SMH. If anyone needed any further proof that these teachers can't handle a weapon around children, here ya go. Dude showing kids how to do a backflip (timeout... wtf already a huge violation. what if a kid tries it and snaps their **** up?) and does one with his gun in his pocket? WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUN LOOSE IN YOUR POCKET?! WHY ARE YOU ILLEGALLY CARRYING YOUR WEAPON ON SCHOOL GROUNDS? AROUND CHILDREN?! fohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh throw the book at him.

Dude should be offered up as a sacrifice to all negligent gun-related crimes. Hit this dude with 20 different charges and do it out in public so people start being more responsible with their weapons.

Bruh if I were you I'd G T F O of Florida :lol:
im literally moving to atlanta in 2 months lol. im outta this terrible place. the govt is a joke as yall see with all this voter suppression and fraud going on, spearheaded by lord voldemort himself. on wonder we can never get anything positive done.

fake news. it is definately illegal to have high capacity mags in california and many other states. if you attempt to buy a firearm online and have it shipped to Cali it must have a bullet button to slow magazine changes and mag capacity is capped at 10rds

fake news. it is definately illegal to have high capacity mags in california and many other states.

So what does this mean exactly?

**Note that enforcement of Proposition 63’s restrictions on large-capacity magazines have been temporarily delayed pending an ongoing legal challenge by the NRA’s California affiliate. To learn more about this case and the Giffords Law Center’s work to defend Proposition 63, visit our Duncan v. Becerra summary page.**

Back
Top Bottom