Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Screenshot_20190812-151053_Facebook.jpg

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...ck-to-school-sale?utm_source=vicenewsfacebook

The tone deafness of that party, man :smh::smh:

Last Friday night I went to Walmart (Milpitas, CA) but it was locked down when there was a suspicious device found. They aren't taking any chances.

Last Friday night I went to Walmart (Milpitas, CA) but it was locked down when there was a suspicious device found. They aren't taking any chances.
yeah i seen that come up on my phones news feed
hardly go to that one anymore
since its not 24hrs anymore
used to be clutch

Chicago has a mass shooting every weekend. 10 dead 52 injured this past weekend...
gang violence isn't really considered "mass shooting."
also, the local state and federal govt don't care about Chicago, Detroit, etc.
its up to the locals and afaik they're doing what they can but it is what it is.

its up to the locals and afaik they're doing what they can but it is what it is.
10 dead and 52 shot sounds like a mass shooting to me but I get it, the perps arent racist white males so no one cares to discuss. Very sad..

Chicago has a mass shooting every weekend. 10 dead 52 injured this past weekend...

10 dead and 52 shot sounds like a mass shooting to me but I get it, the perps arent racist white males so no one cares dto discuss. Very sad..

Not trying to minimize the violence because that’s a lot but across how many incidents and how big of an area was that? The only reason I ask because I think context is very important because it would affect how you devise a solution.

Not trying to minimize the violence because that’s a lot but across how many incidents and how big of an area was that? The only reason I ask because I think context is very important because it would affect how you devise a solution.
Mostly Westside of chi. 2 women who were anti gun violence advocates for years were killed as well. I dont have any solutions but use awareness as a starting point. Gun violence on every level needs to be addressed. I'm making travel arrangements for a funeral now so I'm probably just in my feels.

Mostly Westside of chi. 2 women who were anti gun violence advocates for years were killed as well. I dont have any solutions but use awareness as a starting point. Gun violence on every level needs to be addressed. I'm making travel arrangements for a funeral now so I'm probably just in my feels.

I’m sorry for your loss brother and RIP to those two young women who lost their lives as well. I don’t have the answers but I do know we need gun reform in this country. I feel that so much needs to be changed in order to stop “traditional” mass shootings as well as large scale murders/gun violence across cities but they’re two different situations so finding the right solution to address those and others is insanely difficult.

10 dead and 52 shot sounds like a mass shooting to me but I get it, the perps arent racist white males so no one cares to discuss. Very sad..
no, you don't get it. the term mass shooting is specific to certain situations and not used in others. gang violence isn't considered mass shooting like what happened in columbine, el paso or Dayton and its not about race so for you to bring it up in the way that you did and for you to focus on Chicago and relate that to whats going on in the way that you did speaks volumes.

very sad.

you don't like the fact that whats going on in Chicago isn't labeled as mass shootings then you'll have to talk to the powers that be that created the definition and have them change the criteria for it. don't blame ppl pointing out white supremacy for that.

no, you don't get it. the term mass shooting is specific to certain situations and not used in others. gang violence isn't considered mass shooting like what happened in columbine, el paso or Dayton and its not about race so for you to bring it up in the way that you did and for you to focus on Chicago and relate that to whats going on in the way that you did speaks volumes.

very sad.

you don't like the fact that whats going on in Chicago isn't labeled as mass shootings then you'll have to talk to the powers that be that created the definition and have them change the criteria for it. don't blame ppl pointing out white supremacy for that.
I wanted it to speak volumes, but I'm not mad that gang violence isnt called mass shooting. I'm mad because it's not discussed how mass shootings are when the cost of life is much much greater and much more frequent. The black and brown loss of life is ok I guess because its gang related but many innocent victims are losing life as well.

its not discussed because ppl are conditioned to not care and that, unfortunately, is the ugly truth.
this is why some of us say the culture of America must change in order to progress. there's a lot of cutting the nose to spite the face in America for the sole purpose of suppressing and oppressing ppl so that a select few remain on top and a select few have a false sense of inclusion from the ppl on top.

we desperately need a cultural shift in the right direction.

The only direction to move in, is to completely destroy the system of white supremacy, white privilege. For that to happen? Well, it is already begun. Suicide rates are up, birth rates are low. Wars against immigration, and womens rights are being challenged.

NO, this thread is regarding mass shootings.

A mass shooting is one person carrying out a shooting, 10 people dying for different situations isnt a mass shooting.

Whats so hard to understand about that? 10 people dying because of 10 different reasons is regular crime, thats completely different from mass TERRORIST shootings .

Dont play stupid please

Places like Baltimore and Chicago have horrible economic opportunities, so what happens when there is a lack of education, jobs, etc. People rely on crime to get by, and this whole myth of black on black crime is silly because white people kill as much white people in America.

Its a completely separate issue from MASS SHOOTING TERRORIST ATTACKS that are usually done by WHITE MEN. Thats what this topic is about, so stay on it.

Damn

NO, this thread is regarding mass shootings.

A mass shooting is one person carrying out a shooting, 10 people dying for different situations isnt a mass shooting.

Whats so hard to understand about that? 10 people dying because of 10 different reasons is regular crime, thats completely different from mass TERRORIST shootings .

Dont play stupid please
While there were 62 people shot there weren't 62 separate crimes stop assuming or playing dumb. Not sure which one you are.. no more posts from me in thread regarding my issues tho, I got it.

Chicago doesn’t even have the highest murder rate in the US. I wonder why it’s always picked for whataboutisms.

...anymore.

Chicago has higher totals but not higher “rates” adjusted for population. The pure number is where the whataboutism comes from I guess.

Adjusted for population its been St Louis for years. Actually just looked it up.

87CF62CE-451F-4244-A173-EAD92EC469AF.png

While there were 62 people shot there weren't 62 separate crimes stop assuming or playing dumb. Not sure which one you are.. no more posts from me in thread regarding my issues tho, I got it.

if you are concerned about "your issue" whatever it is, go create another thread since its your concern. Dont come and try to deflect from one issue with another.

'omg but what about black on black crime"

:smh:

Same nonsense when police brutality occurs and there is an absence of justice or whenever terrorist mass shooting occurs they try to deflect on another issue. Dont try to play dumb dude

Back
Top Bottom