Massive 3 floor Footlocker concept store landing in Washington Heights this fall.

REAL ESTATE

Foot Locker’s new ‘Power Store’ bringing more than sneakers to Washington Heights
By Lois Weiss

April 16, 2019 | 9:57pm

foot-locker-detroit-power-store-interior.jpg

Foot Locker 'Power Store' in Detroit.Foot Locker, Inc.
Foot Locker is marching its new “Power Store” to Washington Heights.

When it opens this fall, the 25,000-square-foot space at 605 W. 181st St. will sell sneakers for sure — but also feature a barbershop, a gaming zone, an event space with a DJ, and artist areas where customers can design their own footwear and get their sneakers cleaned.

London, Hong Kong and Detroit already have slam-dunk versions of the Power Store with Philadelphia and LA locations soon to open.

The space was previously occupied by America’s Kids. Foot Locker’s current spot at 621 W. 181st, which is roughly half the size, will shutter itself. The stores are both between St. Nicholas and Wadsworth avenues along the popular shopping street served by the No. 1 subway and bus routes.

Foot Locker was represented by Evan Schuckman of Ripco.

The building owner, Marx Realty, was repped by an in-house team led by Henry Henderson.

“In this retail day, there will be winners and losers,” said Craig Deitelzweig, CEO of Marx Realty, which owns property in 16 states. “We chose Foot Locker because they are local and we believe that Foot Locker understands what it takes to be successful in this retail environment. They are very future-proof.”
https://nypost.com/2019/04/16/foot-...more-than-sneakers-to-washington-heights/amp/

joint gonna be huuuuge.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/16/foot-...more-than-sneakers-to-washington-heights/amp/

This will not survive in the Heights too many barbershops and no one is leaving their barbers for a footlocker barbershop.

u buggin, Barbershops are ALL full in my hood and they can still open up more...on 185-186 alone there's like 5-6 of em :lol:

Yeah cause that’s what we need up there another sneaker store. Heights sportswear >>>>>>

hell naw :lol: that place is mid grade at best.

flea market is da best spot in da heights and its been for years (although da new jimmy jazz on 181 is fiiiire), this Footlocker thou gonna be massive, 3 floors, an arcade, and barbershop? and event space for parties? psssh thats hittin all da notes, u gonna see parties in there every weekend guaranteed :pimp:

Heights sportswear sucks balls, I went there tryna buy air forces that dropped over a month previously and those idiots said one per :smh:

This new footlocker is good, you can get bodies to buy you shoes from the game zone without even leaving the store if they have any good release :lol:

The Jimmy Jazz is aight, my homegirl there is fire

hell naw :lol: that place is mid grade at best.

flea market is da best spot in da heights and its been for years (although da new jimmy jazz on 181 is fiiiire), this Footlocker thou gonna be massive, 3 floors, an arcade, and barbershop? and event space for parties? psssh thats hittin all da notes, u gonna see parties in there every weekend guaranteed :pimp:

Flea market is good for steals but they be finessing with some prices. Picture me me paying $300-$350 for some jays a week or 2 early. I’m good. Heights sportswear you get Gucci with the Korean ***** and he got you for retail. Gotten most my 700’s and 350’s there

u buggin, Barbershops are ALL full in my hood and they can still open up more...on 185-186 alone there's like 5-6 of em :lol:
It’s not about opening a barbershop it’s about who’s going to a foot locker barbershop in the heights that’s from the heights.

And I can guarantee you it won’t be the popping spot every weekend, unless you’re talking about the under age kids. The heights got too many spots for a footlocker to be the popping spot

Last edited:
I’d I’m barber that’s easy clientele=easy money imo.

Wonder if they will be rent booths or someone will actually own a shop in there.

I’d I’m barber that’s easy clientele=easy money imo.

Wonder if they will be rent booths or someone will actually own a shop in there.

Foot Locker barbershop = pretty much super cuts, Foot Locker will be paying high premium rent which means haircuts would be high premium prices 40/50 $ haircuts only barbers charging that would owners of a shop. You’d be high pressed to find someone in “Da Heights” that would pay that.

Back
Top Bottom