Massive letdowns this yr! MCHG, Yeezus, 20/20 II of II, Drake, Eminem.. What's next??

Biggest let down had to be:
Big Sean's Hall of Fame

Only because he built up all this anticipation for his album thru his features. 2 chains n Big Sean had the best features all year

MNIMN by Pusha T was shockingly good. Honestly i wish it had like 5 or 6 more tracks

Indicud Kid Cudi was the biggest let down personally. Content was weak n beats were too.

BTW Cudi was my favorite artists based on MOTM1 & 2 :pimp:

MCHG was a gr8 project. The promotion, the content and the new trends it set in fashion and music ( I don't pop Molly.. I rock Tom Ford)

JT's 20/20 pt 2 was like all the tracks that didn't make it onto part. It was underwhelming. But 20/20 part 1 was amazing so he gets a pass.

Kiss Land deviated too much from House of Balloons. Kiss land trash. The Trilogy is the greatest body of work I've heard in R&B in the last 5 years

Earl Sweatshirt Doris; I was expecting this kid to let the world know that he's a J.Cole, Eminem and Nas concoction. And that he's the best lyricist in Odd Future. But he failed to showcase that!

Born Sinner was trash. Friday Night Lights stands as Coles best body of work to me

Travis Scott's Owl Pharaoh was not an album but I expected the 2nd coming of Kanye (The Graduation Kanye) But it was very underwhelming

...Im going to wait for the official Eminem to drop b4 i make an opinion on a poor quality rip

Last edited:
nwts was ok, still listen to it when im in simp mode haha

i like j cole and i didnt give born sinner much of a listen but the consensus is it was basic the basic j cole sound

mchg had a few bangers but that was it...it was ehh

ill admit yezus caught me off guard, but it really grew on me the more i listened to it. Kanye was right, if he had blood on the leaves as the leading track on the album instead of on sight the reaction would be totally different. ppl would have seen it more as a hip hop album than saying he was experimenting with edm. 

bound, blood on the leaves, guilt trip, black skinhead, hold my liquor, im in it, new slaves are all legit tracks...thats 70% of the album. that constitues a good album IMO. 

dom kennedy's album is straight laid back music, perfect for a cruise/long drive. i liked it. 

kissland had bigger production which livend up the mood but lyrics were what to be expected from him. the album was too dope. not a big fan of the pharell remix of wanderlust. probably the best album of 2013 IMO

Last edited:
yeezus is a classic album. flawless in my opinion...

its grown on me more than any album this year. this coming

from someone who didnt like my beautiful dark twisted fantasy

yeezus is a classic album. flawless in my opinion...
its grown on me more than any album this year. this coming
from someone who didnt like my beautiful dark twisted fantasy

I love MBDTF but I also love Yeezus. The first one or two plays I was a little unsure on it. But after the first car ride with it... I loved it.

so many acronymns in this thread 

my biggest dissapointment was Ghetto Heaven Vol 1.

it as def grown on me since my initial listen. i kinda appreiciated it for what it is, but i was expecting so soooo much more from Cam

its aiight tho

Last edited:

yeezus is a classic album.
eek.gif

I don't usually just post emoticons, but that comment is just so far beyond my comprehension....

Last edited:
Born Sinner was a snooze fest. This is coming from an og Cole fan, like back in 09 when that thread was 1 page. :lol:

Yeezus - Hot Garbage
MCHG - Decent, but predictable
The Gifted - Overall average. I felt like the songs on that album were either really good (lyrically and concept wise) or just absolute crap. There was no inbetween.

King Push delivered tho.

so many acronymns in this thread 

my biggest dissapointment was Ghetto Heaven Vol 1.

it as def grown on me since my initial listen. i kinda appreiciated it for what it is, but i was expecting so soooo much more from Cam

its aiight tho

I loved this project. Just wish it was CD quality. All the money Cam got and he continues to put out these cassette sounding mix tapes

Is it really that hard to fathom someone having a different opinion?
probably should have stated that it's a personal classic
laugh.gif
 and it doesn't even have to be a classic "rap" album either

just a great listen beginning to end. i honestly cant even go back to college dropout after yeezus...it just seems

too cookie cutter to me..i loved the risk...it's aggressively bizarre ...i love the dancehall elements ,the lazers...

such a good albums to me

Is it really that hard to fathom someone having a different opinion?
Its hard for me to fathom someone considering yeezus a classic with lyrics like :

I just talked to JesusAnnotate
He said, "What up Yeezus?"

I said, "**** I'm chilling
Trying to stack these millions"

I know he the most high
But I am a close high

Mi casa, su casa
That's our cosa nostra

or 

I wanna **** you hard on the sink
After that, give you something to drink
Step back, can't get spunk on the mink
I mean damn, what would Jeromey Romey Romey Rome think?

So yes, I can fathom different opinions, but it is hard for me to see anyone thinking yeezus being a classic (even though he clearly and succintly explained his opinion with a response that >>>>>> yours)

Love Yeezus, don't *** with Drake, but id say its pretty undisputed that both of those can't be considered "let downs." I think a certain amount of critical acclaim can sufficiently take you out of "let down" status, and both of those albums def got enough critical acclaim to satisfy that. 

Others OP mentioned are for sure let downs, especially MCHG and that second 20/20. Even the first 20/20 is not aging well over the course of the year IMO. 

Ghetto Heaven Vol. 1 is like the exact opposite of a let down. That **** was a super pleasant surprise, Purple Haze part 2 basically. 

And JT's 20/20 pt1 is greatness, I couldn't call it a classic a few months ago but now it is. That album is damn near flawless. I wasn't feelin pt 2 at all though, only liked about 4 songs.

Yeezus takes the cake. Wasn't expecting much of jay z garbage album.

Eminem :lol: can't even listen to my dude anymore

First of all, the line is:

"I know he the most high
But I am a close tie"

People aren't allowed to call albums that have songs with lines that you think are weak a classic? Also, how the hell WOULDN'T his response be better than my initial one when he took the time to actually explain his opinion. I never said that I thought Yeezus was a classic, so why would I feel the need to defend that stance? I was just curious as to why someone having such a high opinion of it was so ":wow:" worthy to you.

That Jerome line was vintage Kanye, by the way. So if you think that was bad, you must've cringed quite a few times throughout most of his albums.

Last edited:
I wasn't feeling Yeezus at first. I can easily bump it top to bottom now. I was off MCHG after a few days. Same with NWTS. I won't call The Weeknd's album a let down, but it was definitely not what I expected initially. I don't listen to it nearly as much as Trilogy.

YEEZUS IS A CLASSIC YOU EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT AND IF YOU DO HATE IT IT CAN STILL GROW ON YOU TBH

Last edited:
other than nipsey hussle "crenshaw", pusha t "my name is my name",  big krit mixtape. errything else wasn't on these levels.

Back
Top Bottom