Matt Babel: IM CALLING YOU OUT!

I know your on here..lurking or maybe even posting under some alias. Lets see the collection man, you already tried challenging Dallas Green to a shoe off so lets see what your holding.

For those who dont know, Matt Bable is much music VJ here in Toronto and hes always reppin goodfoot on TV so i just wanted to see what hes got.

COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF! :nerd:
nerd.gif

i saw him on the street one day and i asked him about his shoes, he gave me the absolute most noncommital response of all time, it was actually kinda funny
ya get cool points cuz im the one ya listen to
but lose em all cuz ya not original.

FS: black pack dunks 10.5, VNDS snakeskin delta forces sz 11​

hmm apparently dallas is a bit of a shoehead

i've seen him in sbs every now and then

^^ ya he is, i saw him in black denim highs and in and interview with matt babel i believe he was in some skate store buying UNLVs and michigans..i think

lame
"Some shoes are instant classics, some shoes become classic, and then there are shoes with potential of being classics til' they force feed us with the shoe to the point where when we see it, the sneakerhead inside all of us wants to vomit" - ShortyC94

Is that the gay dude they use to call "Rainbow" on Much Music? I don't watch MM enough to know for sure. If it's the guy then he is corny.

Your really giving Matt too much credit....dude is cool and all but he's just like all these people now that are jumping into the sneaker culture "because it's cool".

yea, a year ago he wasnt up on nothin, and now he's rockin FAPE , and tons of streetwear.

but i cant hate on him for doing his thing. I just dont like it in general when people hop on bandwagons and then act like they've been down all along..

Quote:
Your really giving Matt too much credit....dude is cool and all but he's just like all these people now that are jumping into the sneaker culture "because it's cool".

ughh took the words straight outta my mouth...
plus his stuff is.....ehh. na mean.
[/b]​

seems like I'm seeing more and more "NT style" downtown these days

I see more and more people wearing "premium denim/dunks/all-over print hoody" outfits on St.George campus these days

^ why :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
for st.george ?? i like ur campus......rich$$$$ chinese gurls and good looking as well :tongue:
tongue.gif
btw. took AST201 u recommended me in the summer time. GREAT RECOMMENDATION DANNY THXXXX

ARGHHHH my head is drowned with accounting X__X .....therefore i check NT.

anyways. not only @ UTSG....UTSC.....York.....Ryerson......Waterloo.....even Western, where they all got out of their Speed Zero or wtever that is they sell @ sears and hopped on the all over allover/premium/colourful caps are everywhere in the city........um i mean ONTARIO
[/b]​

^ materials = easy....and actually quite interesting. very good prof as well. overall great experiences from the course....i told alot of ppl to take it as well LOL sounds geeky =p
[/b]​

Quote:
hmm apparently dallas is a bit of a shoehead

i've seen him in sbs every now and then

SMH @ you for associating SB with shoehead.
anyone can pop down to GDFT and cop SB nowadays, nothing shoehead about it. sorry if i offended anyone here, just what i think about this whole SB thing lately.

and i do agree with some of you about bandwagoners, but people gotta start somewhere right?
how do you label someone as shoehead anyways, everyone dub themselve as one nowadays. lets all enjoy it while it last :smile:
smile.gif
sorry for being off topic

back to Matt Babel, yea hes cool but he needs to stop talking about sneakers on MOD saying how he needs to top of his fit everyday with a fresh pair of sneakers.

if only everyone would realize that probably 80% of muchmusic programming was brainwashing generic crap wed all be better off and no one would have to worry about matt babel blowing up "sneakerheads"
ya get cool points cuz im the one ya listen to
but lose em all cuz ya not original.

FS: black pack dunks 10.5, VNDS snakeskin delta forces sz 11​

Quote:
like all these people now that are jumping into the sneaker culture "because it's cool".

exactly man, you guys don't realize dude is like a marketing tool, he gets some free stuff just because he is a visible guy on TV and such, doesn't make him a sneakerhead, it just means he's a dude with some good connects, i'm sure as soon as the mainstream decides sneakers ain't cool no more and everbody starts wearing whatever else is hot, most of these hangers on will be out with the quickness.
And now back to business

JORDAN V GRAPES SIZE 9.5
Dunk SB Hawaii size 10

Dude gets all the stuff he does because he's on TV and basically it's free marketing for the brands and stores of the clothes that he is wearing and reppin'...

Doesn't mean he's a true head in terms of sneakers and fashion...

Either way, in the end does it really bother you guys that much? Do you and let others do what they do...in the end only you can judge yourself, and if Matt Babel is cool with it and can live with it at the end of the day, ya'll should just leave him be.

I'll just be glad when all this sneaker and fashion hype falls back from the mainstream and we can go on about our ways as we did before.

The only this that is real annoying is having people approach you and ask if you shop at Goodfoot or Lileo or OTR or TNT or [insert chic urban store here] and start small talk about kicks or clothing to seem down...you don't need to talk about these things to seem cool or be my friend...

I'm more interested in befriending cats who are genuine and sincere, not those who can name drop some brands and nicknames and save all their money to blow on kicks and jeans.
FS/FT: STUSSY PARKA - GREY CHECKERED/PLAID SIZE LARGE - CLICK E-MAIL/MSN: soulize@sympatico.ca for inquiries

[/b]

Since this is going this way...

I know most of the older guys dislike the fact that the game is at an all time high and that when you guys run into younger/bandwagon-er look like cats on the streets all fronting it brings a bad name, leaving you shaking your head. From what I understand now, some are selling off their coveted pairs and claim they are "getting out of the game." My question is, does it not then defeat the purpose of loving shoes to begin with or was it all for show? Would you not just want to continue to collect and step your game up, evolve and push things to another level or are hoping to abandon the game and find something new and realize, you discovered a new passion for something else? Don't get me wrong, I understand some viewpoints of the older guys and I'm looking for some more clairification, that's all. Some are waiting for the day the culture moves on from its mainstream days. I'm just curious as to who will stick around and continue to read on the NT pages.
-------------------------------------------------
Looking for: 8-8.5 De La Lows & 8.5-9 AM90 Infrareds

I see you. You see me. We see the shoes.. must be an NTer

a lot of you make some really good points and i completely agree with you..

these people you see on TV: hosts, actors, celebs, all have stylists. it's a stylist's job to research the market and see whats "hype" so their clients are looking fresh.

also, like mentioned before, these guys get this stuff for free anyway because they are being used as free advertising and marketing.

2 years ago, matt babel was probably wearin g-units..

Back
Top Bottom