Matt Babel: IM CALLING YOU OUT!

hmm.. i didnt know i was going to cause such an indepth discussion on sneaker culter and how it has bee effected by the maintream. lol..carry on

I've been on NT since '01 and collecting before that, seen fads come and go, lames are just at an all time high now...I will always continue to be an avid poster.

And no, for me at least, I'm not selling my collection off because of this and "getting out of the game," shoes have always been part of my life and one of my favorite hobbies, like you said, I'm just gonna be more in tuned with what I collect and strive for even better pieces to add to it.
FS/FT: STUSSY PARKA - GREY CHECKERED/PLAID SIZE LARGE - CLICK E-MAIL/MSN: soulize@sympatico.ca for inquiries

[/b]

I'm sure the much music stylists had a lot to do with babel getting into the sneaker scene and street wear scene. Look back on some old @#%$. They played an episode of much 911 or some other weak show like that the other day and he was wearing a @#%$ horrendous pair of @#%$ K swiss and now he's wearing bbc and am90's and what not. I havent seen him in any real heat usually pretty boring @#%$.

But ya I think much music made this guy. I havent met him maybe he's a cool guy. His TV personality sure isn't that cool.

does matt babel rock SB'S/DRY DENIM/VANS?!?!?!?!

it's all just a marketing ploy. prime example, Matt George has been doing this for years. before he had GDFT open, this dude was featured in a cbc special that my business management class watched. he gave a kid from George brown a pair of free tmac's so that he would influence his friends to cop.

buzz marketing > your life

this post is sooooooo @#%$
yall should become journalists or join the fashion police

"Some shoes are instant classics, some shoes become classic, and then there are shoes with potential of being classics til' they force feed us with the shoe to the point where when we see it, the sneakerhead inside all of us wants to vomit" - ShortyC94

^ LoL... You beat me to it..

But seriously tho.. Let homeboy do what he does.. I agree, it seems that he just started wearing kicks last week (same with 10 deep and all those other cliche trendy urban brands) That is not a 10 deep dis, btw..

Truly, I dont see him as a trendsetter or anything like that.. Its same way I feel about people who just come into shoe stores and ask for "the newest Jordans", not knowing the color, style or significance..

As much as some may not like to admit, Sneakers and the affiliated cultures are really cool right now.. Jeff Staple broke that down from a marketing stand point in J4K.

Im not gonna sell my collection or change my interests just because the general public starts riding my hobbies/interests.. Like Soulize said, they will get off it eventually and its gonna be business as usual for the real.

I went thru the same thing with (some) girls liking Hip Hop 6 years ago.. Certain chicks didnt even own Hip Hop CDs and the next day they slappin walls at Reillys when De La Soul or Slum Village comes on.. I was SMH all day.. (BTW, some of those chicks converted to sneakers now) Its borderline hilarious if you ask me.. but hey, do you..

Same thing with M&N jerseys about 5 years ago too.. You can tell who was on it as a trend, they dont rock jerseys anymore..

Peace

SOLE PURPOSE "SKYLINE" TEE FOR SALE!
CLICK TO PURCHASE

SOLE PURPOSE
SOLE PURPOSE IS ME

DJ ROYALE
The DJ

SPANKDELICIOUS
The Party

I am matt babel

You can try n snatch my chain if you think you a stuntman,
I'll put u on hardbottoms like you workin' for 'Jumpman'//

Quote:
does matt babel rock SB'S/DRY DENIM/VANS?!?!?!?!

:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
jolly is killin it!!!

Quote:
I went thru the same thing with (some) girls liking Hip Hop 6 years ago.. Certain chicks didnt even own Hip Hop CDs and the next day they slappin walls at Reillys when De La Soul or Slum Village comes on.. I was SMH all day.. (BTW, some of those chicks converted to sneakers now) Its borderline hilarious if you ask me.. but hey, do you..

i definitely agree. how are you gonna go from bubble gum pop to hip hop? get the hell outta here. learn the history and then talk.

same with this whole scene...too many people get a glimpse of it and then act like they've been down from time. cop some sb's, dry denim and vans jolly2 and think you're down. SMH. be real about it and do you. don't try and be like someone you're not.

i'm all for waitin until this passes...then we'll see who's left.

COMMITTEE
jointhecommittee.blogspot.com

Quote:
Jeff Staple broke that down from a marketing stand point in J4K.

I kept thinking about this the whole time while reading others peoples replies... LOL...

Also, co-signing on the M&N/jersey thing... I'm just an idiot for buying most of my jerseys 2 or 3 sizes bigger than me, :lol:
laugh.gif

[/center]

Quote:
just like all these people now that are jumping into the sneaker culture "because it's cool".

thats whats wrong with the sneaker culture today.

and who's matt babel?

Quote:

thats why i cant stand going out anymore.. scenesters used to be ravers all X'd out and spacey..to 'real' hip hop heads from sauga that now do graffiti (after high school) on canvas and spin on their lips..talking about real hip hop and style and they're STILL hating on regional rap, cause all they know is native tongues baby making music... uff outta here I grew up with the boom bap,wu tang and bootcamp era.. seriously if yall tell me any music that's coming out today isnt reminiscent of the drug/money/party life hip hop was then i know ur either too young to know or you're talking @#%$! only thing changed is the beats,more rappers and bigger money

i'll give the younger crowd the benefit of the doubt..they're only dipping into whats most easily accessible.. not like some dudes i see that play switch up after high school.. and thanks to nike's re-re-retro everything under the sun.. yall can pretend to be in the mix
"Some shoes are instant classics, some shoes become classic, and then there are shoes with potential of being classics til' they force feed us with the shoe to the point where when we see it, the sneakerhead inside all of us wants to vomit" - ShortyC94

For 80s babies.. '94>'88 (Im talking Hip Hop)

And thats not hating on '88.. But being a youngster in '88, the music didnt hit me as hard as things did in '94..

'92-'96 = My golden era for Hip Hop...

As for rookies/trendy hoppers in terms of Sneakers, its just more people to son if necessary.. I dont watch them hard.. They will fade..

SMH at me buying (size) 52s in M&N, acting like Im 6'2" :\
ohwell.gif

Peace

Yall feel my presence in the post like Shaq.

SOLE PURPOSE "SKYLINE" TEE FOR SALE!
CLICK TO PURCHASE

SOLE PURPOSE
SOLE PURPOSE IS ME

DJ ROYALE
The DJ

SPANKDELICIOUS
The Party

Back
Top Bottom