Maui, Hawaii (lahaina) anyone ever been to?

Any one ever been there and any good recommendations for food or shops? There is no regional for for Hawaii so figured I asked here

Last edited:
I really want to go to Kauai after watching these videos 

Last edited:
I've been. The lahaina grill is a must for a nice dinner although it's pricey. Kaanapali beach is also the best beach IMO. Any specific questions?

Whalers Village shops at Kaanapali beach
Shops at Wailea

Food:
Kimos in Lahaina
Hula Grill
Mama's Fish House

Last edited:
My fam went last summer, we stayed in the Pink Palace...best vacation of my life 
smokin.gif

I forget what the street is called...maybe Main or Front street...idk, but there's a loong road of food and shops right there. The shaved ice spot is fiiiire.

We also went to this fruit plantation and took a tour. In the store they have fresh made fruit ice cream. Also fire.

Other than that we just kinda explored man. Went snorkeling in the ocean, went hiking, obviously chilled on the beach.

Greatest 7 days of my life 

Last edited:
Nice guys; yeah I'm just looking for good places to eat (no tourist traps lol) and take my girls exploring the island. I'm pumped to go, I can officially say this is going to be my longest vacation

Haven't been, but there's some of the best zip lining in the world out there. Also expensive haha.

- everything closes early on the touristy areas, which most likely you will be staying...so go hookup w/some locals for night life.

- zip-lining in Maui is beautiful

- will you have a kitchen? you can save alot of $$$ if you do grocery and cook

- do a luau

- enjoy the great weather and "views"

Da Kitchen Cafe - spam musubi (you can get it to-go and eat it on the way to the airport)

Aloha Mixed Plate - pulled pork & garlic fries

Gazebo Restaurant - breakfast, great banana pancakes

Skyline Eco Tours - zip lining 

Trilogy Excursion - snorkling at Molokini island (lots of sea turtles)

Haleakala National Park - go early to watch the sunrise over the clouds

Let me know if you need address/$. Maui was one of the most relaxing vacation places I've been, enjoy!

Da Kitchen Cafe - spam musubi (you can get it to-go and eat it on the way to the airport)
Aloha Mixed Plate - pulled pork & garlic fries
Gazebo Restaurant - breakfast, great banana pancakes

Skyline Eco Tours - zip lining 
Trilogy Excursion - snorkling at Molokini island (lots of sea turtles)
Haleakala National Park - go early to watch the sunrise over the clouds

Let me know if you need address/$. Maui was one of the most relaxing vacation places I've been, enjoy!

I agree. I'd add a couple more from my personal favs.

Lahaina Coolers - my favorite restaurant on the island. Try the Kalua Pig Loco Moco. so freakin good. Pic Below.
View media item 443921
Kihei Cafe - Mac Nut pancakes braaaaaaaaaaa

Okazuya Deli - the chef that opened this up is a former chef from Mama's Fish House. Probably the best mac salad I've had. Also try their Lemon Ono Capers dish.

Komoda Bakery - Twist Donuts. Pic Below
View media item 443922
Poke
View media item 443923
Fried Spam Masubi from Da Kitchen
View media item 443924
Kaanapali Ziplining Tour
View media item 443925
Black Rock
View media item 443926

The Gazebo is awesome but be prepared to wait around an hour. The white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes and fried rice(do the half order) is :smokin

Sansei Seafood & Sushi. I forget the details but they have some sort of half off deal. Make sure you try the Matsuhisa Style Miso Butterfish. :smokin :smokin If you decide to go during the half off deal. get there early. I prob waited about an hour but it was worth it. IMO

Last edited:
The Gazebo is awesome but be prepared to wait around an hour. The white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes and fried rice(do the half order) is :smokin

Sansei Seafood & Sushi. I forget the details but they have some sort of half off deal. Make sure you try the Matsuhisa Style Miso Butterfish. :smokin :smokin If you decide to go during the half off deal. get there early. I prob waited about an hour but it was worth it. IMO

what most people dont know is that you can order food from GAZEBO for take out (ie no waiting). :wink:

Teller everyone thanks a lot guys! Will try out def these places, that gazebo place looks awesome,

Now I really need to go after all of these suggestions. 
frown.gif

Someday. 

If you go to see the sunrise on Haleakala National Park be sure to leave early so you can get the best view and absolutely take a heavy coat and some gloves... I found out the hard way because it was freezing up there...

Feist at Lele was great for a luau...

We did the Road to Hana, which takes a whole day to do but it was worth every minute...

We also did the Ka'anapali Skyline Eco Adventures tour... It was fun and the tour guides were awesome...

We spent more than a week there so we flew over to Oahu for a day trip to do the Pearl Harbor tour... We booked our own flights (from Hawaiian Airlines), the Pearl Harbor tours, and rental car ourselves and it costed way less than if we would have bought one of those tour packages...

Sensai is one of fave spots on Maui - been to two of their locations and both were good.

The sunrise is legit but do it either the day/night you get there or going into the day you leave. Also, it's colder than ****...bring all the blankets you can since you're not dressed for winter in Hawaii.

Went there about 6 or 7 years ago as a kid. Had a big group of people and limited amount of funds, so my parents only took us out to eat at 4 places. The rest of the time we cooked in the hotel or barbecued. 

-Denny's

-McDonald's

-Outback 

-Hard Rock Cafe

Nothing you couldn't find back in Cali 
laugh.gif

rent a jeep and do the road to Hana!....go late so you get caught up making the drive back at night....lmao...never felt more adventurous in my life....AMAZINGGGGGGGGG place, on the way back from Hana stop by Momma's fish house....

there is nothing to do in Maui passed 9pm, i wouldnt recommend mixing with the locals, i heard it can be pretty dangerous.

took this picture when i was driving to Hana, you can literally pull up at every turn and snap a picture worth framing

go all the way to the seven sacred pools, i believe they are called.

View media item 444743

Last edited:
ive been there.. stay in west maui.. Lahaina area if you want to be near anything.. my family stays in lahaina

Back
Top Bottom