May 9: fall of the Nazi's anniversary

Today was the day that the soviet union defeated the german army in the battle of Stalingrad to win WWII. RIP to the 27,000,000 Russians who gave their livesto stop Hitler. Without Russia the world today would not be the same.

Aye yi yi

I don't know about this post but there is a lot of youngins in the board so it might be good for them to learn about something in history.

But yea RIP

And I clearly remember someone said and I quote "hitler was a great leader but his views were bad"

Now im not agreeing wit this statement but can anyone also agree with it?....it did look like he was a good leader on his side of the part but the views arebad.

indifferent.gif

Well if it wasn't for the U.S opening a second front

from the west then we wouldn't be here today.

Germany was pwning you Soviets.

So yall should be thanking the U.S.

I don't think he was a good leader. It was the social and economic milieu that he was living in that contributed to his success -- none of it wasself-emergent. If one were to try to do the same thing he did in other developed countries in early 1930s, he would get the cal.

Z'dnyom Pobedi!

However, your facts are incorrect.

Stalingrad was 1943

Berlin fell to the allies may 2nd, 1945

Germany signed the official surrender documents very late during the day on May 8th, 1945

At about 1-2am on May 9th the surrender way officially announced. My father was 5 years old that morning when my grandmother took him to Krasnaya Ploshed (RedSquare) to watch captured German POWs being led through the street .

RIP to the 10 million dead soldiers and 12 million dead civilians. Its true that if it wasn't for them, we'd all be speaking German today.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Smh us lost 860,000 men fighting an offensive battle overseas, I wanna we the us fight a defensive and offensive battle. The us did help, I'm notdisagreeing, although the user did the majority of the fighting

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

"hitler was a great leader but his views were bad great"
That's what German people thought of Hitler but they realized to late that they were all wrong........

Horrible thing they did to the Jewish people.....
tired.gif

Last week or two weeks ago was marked the day he died as well, I know this because on that day that's my friend's birthday. And ironically he'sJewish.
ohwell.gif

The man united an entire country in a time of great hardship and unfair treatment by the world for a war they hadn't even started. He brought Germany fromit's knees to the forefront of the world in a startlingly short time.

The way he did it and his personal feelings, however, are a completely different story.

the funny thing is the soviets held a grudge against the

U.S for opening a second front to late.

WELL HELLO!,

the U.S had it's own war to deal with against Japan over at the Pacific's.

and it's incredible how there are russian nazis, that are pro-russian. when so many died fighting nazi germany.

Sorry but the western front was useless at that point. The soviet union was the cause of 85% of Nazi casualties.

The only reason the US stepped in was for their own financial and political reasons, do some research on the gold that was recovered and kept (By the USSR too,but the Nazis moved all their gold west).

England was essential in keeping the luftwaffe busy, and America's largest contributions were in material, not military support.
the funny thing is the soviets held a grudge against the

U.S for opening a second front to late.
Up until about 1943, yes. Little England was able to fight on two fronts, why couldn't the US? After 1943 no more military help from anyonewas needed.

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Z'dnyom Pobedi!

However, your facts are incorrect.

Stalingrad was 1943

Berlin fell to the allies may 2nd, 1945
True, I said that battle resulted in the surrent, becAuse it was such a significant battle that really damaged the german army. I studied the war and read it was 20 million civilians, 7 million soldiers. Nevertheless, the numbers do not matter, I can't imagine what the men, teenagers went through. Zydom pabedi!
Germany signed the official surrender documents very late during the day on May 8th, 1945

At about 1-2am on May 9th the surrender way officially announced. My father was 5 years old that morning when my grandmother took him to Krasnaya Ploshed (Red Square) to watch captured German POWs being led through the street .

RIP to the 10 million dead soldiers and 12 million dead civilians. Its true that if it wasn't for them, we'd all be speaking German today.

Stalin and Hitler were failures as tactical leaders, they entirely relied on the genius of their military commanders and staff

if someone could embed this i'd appreciate it:

The horrors of what happened to the Jews are tremendous, although what the user went through exceeds that, which the US neglects to mention in schools smh

If one single person can be chosen as the architect of the allies' victory (in context of military strategy), it would be this man:

Marshal of the Soviet Union, Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

x1-korinpd.jpg

Originally Posted by Sputnik

The horrors of what happened to the Jews are tremendous, although what the user went through exceeds that, which the US neglects to mention in schools smh
lolwhuttranslated384267dn3.jpg

Today was the day that the soviet union defeated the german army in the battle of Stalingrad to win WWII. RIP to the 27,000,000 Russians who gave their lives to stop Hitler. Without Russia the Allies Army the world today would not be the same.

don't just give the whole trophy to the russians , it was a team effort, US and USSR soldiers were mostly involved/ lost their lives but so was canada,britian, ect.

What is a user, what language are you speaking, stop hating

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

"hitler was a great leader but his views were bad great"
That's what German people thought of Hitler but they realized to late that they were all wrong........

Horrible thing they did to the Jewish people.....
tired.gif

Last week or two weeks ago was marked the day he died as well, I know this because on that day that's my friend's birthday. And ironically he's Jewish.
ohwell.gif

Yea April 30th

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

What is a user, what language are you speaking, stop hating
indifferent.gif
I meant the USSR, my iphone has autocorrect.
Stop hating who? You should be thankful 27million russians have their lives in the process of defeating Germany. 20 mil were civilians, 7 mil were soldiers.
You stop hating, you wouldnt even survive the conditions of the Russian Army.

Back
Top Bottom