May is National Bicycle Month and this week is Ride Your Bike to Work Week - Who's with me?

How many of you on NT are participating in Ride Your Bike to Work Week? I rode to work this morning and it was great. Of course, any day on the bike is a greatday.

There may be events going on in your community for bike riders this month. http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/The League of American Bicyclists web page has some listings for events around the country. Check it outand also check your community's web page to see what is going on! Also, local bike shops may have some good deals and events planned.

Get out and ride!!!

Commute to work 30 minutes(driving) FML

Come to think of it, even if I had a 10 minute commute I wouldnt do it. Showing up with swamp a@@ to work is not a good feeling. LOL

Im riding my GIXXER to work and thats about it to be honest.. I know it defeats the purposebut it still helps a little in its own way

I thought there were more bicycle riders on NT.

For the record, I don't show up sweaty to work. My pace is comfortable and does not cause me to get all nasty. There is a big difference between mytraining cadence and my leisure riding cadence.
wink.gif

How far do you live from work anyway. Riding my bike is fun and all but I dont want to come to work tired.

So if I leave now I could get to work on time.....

No but i give credit to all those that do it for a long ride to work.

I ride a couple of miles to one job and ten miles to the other - neither is a problem. I especially enjoy the rides home as it gives me time to relax and enjoythe scenery.

I ride to work a couple times a week during the summer months-less than 15 minutes to/from work.
It just sucks when I'm dead tired from a rough workday and still have to pedal home...

Just finished a fixed gear set up today
pimp.gif
Rode it today.
Def will be riding it more this summer.

I wish I can ride, but my GT Performer has 2 flat tires and the brakes needs replacing.
ohwell.gif
Nothing like going downhill on Broadway Avenue, going 10mph with the coolSpring wind breezing through the body. I'm gonna get this replace by summertime.

honestly....I thought about doing that even before this, but I'd want to shower by the time I got to work and kids don't shower in elementary for PE sothey don't even have locker rooms.

OP, what do you do?

Got a bike about a month ago. I've been riding pretty frequently around the city and to class. It's great exercise. I love it.

I've been wanting to buy a bike to ride to work & class.
Want to buy a fixed gear but not really looking to spend $600+.

Back
Top Bottom