May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She did a full flip and landed comfortably on her back. That’s the opposite of dying :lol:

HERE’S her almost dying
13164228-7116-49BE-9790-E8F4F90E1114.gif
67B2E454-D857-4BB0-A70B-585A2B8B5F37.gif
She puts it at all on the line.

The action itself was fine.

But the entire match was dumb.
- What’s the difference between any other gimmick match? Nothing - and the majority of the match took place in the ring
- Why did it have to be unsanctioned?
- If the emphasis is around unsanctioned then it should be an understanding of a few things. 1) It has to be different than any other version of a WWE/NXT gimmick match 2) to achieve this there must be a chair shot or shots to the head 3) and there should be blood. If THIS is going to be the story you tell and the hype is brutality then miss me with dropping and entire tool box of stuff in the ring and picking the wrench out of everything.
- If it’s a brutal match, everything should slow down. Every move should hurt 5x more and you should tell that story.
- If the ref gets socked upside the face and does nothing about it when he wakes up, he’s garbage and that’s dumb.
- Shouldn’t have a ref, it’s unsanctioned and you’re making it a match. And Cole shouldn’t knock out the ref and then immediately after go for a pin.

I have more, but I digress. Action was fine, if it didn’t end the two night card and was called a hardcore match it would have been fine. But the build as it was made it immensely dumb.

Shotzi DEER GAWD!
Balor/Kross was dope! That entrance needs some tighten up or something. It was cool the first few times but once fans are back in 100% they're going to drown that out or something.
Gargano/Thicc Boi was good.
Cole/Kyle real good especially the stage spot and that chair **** at the end was good.

Yea both night on paper have the potential to be really good, it’s just the builds have been underwhelming besides Edge/Roman/Bryan and somewhat Cesaro/Seth. Unless Shelton/Cedric interfere and THB aren’t actually broken up, the interest in that match has tanked for me. And the build to Sasha/Bianca has been pretty goofy outside of the past week. There was no reason to have side piece Reginald involved in that initially.

Back
Top Bottom