May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E9575AC7-EF35-4F60-9CA1-FAD71337C887.jpeg

F686BB23-3B8F-4C29-B907-CFFCCCEBFC08.jpeg

FC505B00-5873-49DF-9D48-B041B8CE629E.jpeg

Hunter really going to give all these top women to Vince to just fumble to Charlotte in the same year one day
Bianca so pretty man

opening match is a tag match with 4 former tna stars 😂 before that was tna start with a tna manager

the rascals already won the belts?

and former tna star killer kross is world champ?

yea big tna is about right

Last edited:
Case Case , when in the HISTORY of, "Comparing PPVs" has ANYONE compared them based on the matches using match order and not Card vs. Card? Matches vs. Matches?

I enjoy Kayfabe so I will play along but I know you ain't being serious.
So if we compare 2 PPVs nobody in history has said PPV X's opener was much better than PPV Y's opener?..Or X's tag title match was better than Y's tag title match?..Or nobody has said, like I've said, If you compare the cards top to bottom then PPV Y's matches were better than PPV X's matches?..

So I've tried doing it by the order in which the matches appeared, and you didn't like it, and I've tried it by which matches were "equal", and you laughed, so please tell me how am I supposed to compare the separate nights that is satisfactory to you?..Give me a break down on how you want the 2 nights judged and I'll give you my honest opinion..I want this done right now since you obviously have a better way to judge than the 2 examples I've given..And don't **** out like some of the people you get mad at for not answering your questions..You have 8 minutes to give me your bracket..

karrion kross as a face aint it.

terrible as a face
Dude needs to be a brutal heel..I hate what they're doing with Scarlett..She comes out and makes these weird faces and moves her mouth all stupid like..Is she supposed to be some sort of witch?..Sex slave?..Evil queen?..

Dude needs to be a brutal heel..I hate what they're doing with Scarlett..She comes out and makes these weird faces and moves her mouth all stupid like..Is she supposed to be some sort of witch?..Sex slave?..Evil queen?..
yea i saw that. makes no sense why shes acting like that

kross is great as a heel plus hes maga so he will get extreme heat always

Give me a break down on how you want the 2 nights judged and I'll give you my honest opinion..

I already said the way people GENERALLY compare PPVs is to compare the quality of matches on both shows.

Not by comparing them based on match order.

Which PPV had the best matches?
Which PPV had the most "duds?"
Which PPV DRAGED more than the other?

The WORST match of the Weekend was by far was Orton/Bray.
The BEST match of the Weekend was Cesaro/Seth.
Night 2's Men's Main Event was better.
Night 1's Women's Main Event had more emotion. (I don't think either was significantly better than the other)
The Bad Bunny match (not my cup of tea) was a universal hit. (night 1)
Lashley vs. Drew was solid even though it wasn't as good as DB/RR/Edges

Many other things ain't worth mentioning. (Braun, WOmen's Tags)

Night 1 was a better card.

So if we compare 2 PPVs nobody in history has said PPV X's opener was much better than PPV Y's opener?..Or X's tag title match was better than Y's tag title match?..Or nobody has said, like I've said, If you compare the cards top to bottom then PPV Y's matches were better than PPV X's matches?..

Again, nobody says, "Let's go in order and compare ALL the matches in THAT order to determine which PPV was better."

Sure, people have compared opening matchups and the rest of the things you listed up there but I never made any objections to those things.

this martinez girl looks 50 years old

if it wasnt for her voice i would think shes the wwe’s nyla rose

So I've tried doing it by the order in which the matches appeared, and you didn't like it, and I've tried it by which matches were "equal", and you laughed, so please tell me how am I supposed to compare the separate nights that is satisfactory to you?..Give me a break down on how you want the 2 nights judged and I'll give you my honest opinion..I want this done right now since you obviously have a better way to judge than the 2 examples I've given..And don't **** out like some of the people you get mad at for not answering your questions..You have 8 minutes to give me your bracket..

The fact that you have people on ignore nulls and voids anything you say.

I already said the way people GENERALLY compare PPVs is to compare the quality of matches on both shows.

Night 1's Women's Main Event had more emotion. (I don't think either was significantly better than the other)

Ok, so even though you didn't answer my question entirely let me try it your way (which I guess is just random questions about the PPVs)

The WORST match of the weekend was Braun/Shane..
The BEST match of weekend was a tie between Cesaro/Seth & KO/Sami..
The main events of Night 2 was far better than Night 1's..
Night 1's Women's Main Event had pretty much no emotion for me..I get the historical part of it being 2 black women for the first time ever, but other than that the match did absolutely nothing for me..I thought it was a typical Sasha match and it showed how Bianca wasn't/isn't ready for a match of that caliber..
BB/Prist match was fun and had everyone talking about it..
Lashley/Drew was, I agree, solid and wasn't as good as DB/RR/Edgeblade..It was something I'd expect to see on Whiplash or Road Blocks or any other C-level PPV..

So I'll also grade all the matches:
Night 1..
Lashely/Drew-B
Tag Team Turmoil-D+
Cesaro/Rollins-A-
New Day/AJ & Almost-B-
Braun/Shane-F
Bunnies-B
Botch/Braid-B

Night 2..
Randy/Fiend-D
Women Tag Title-C+/B-
Sami/KO-A- (Cesaro/Seth was a little better technically but KO/Sami told a better story so they equal out in my eyes)
RiddleBox/Seamus-B+
Big E/Uhaul-C+
Asuka/Rhea-B+
RR/DBry/SwitchEdge-B+

Night 2 gets the overall better grades and had a better pace to the night..I give it to Night 2 but not by some huge margin..

I watched the Cesaro/Rollins match for a third time and that was so damn good. Felt like something that would've been built up being a 2003 SD PPV. Both dudes busted their asses from start to finish and came out looking like a million bucks. That was workhorse gauntlet Rollins and 2014 superhuman Cesaro.

I watched the Cesaro/Rollins match for a third time and that was so damn good. Felt like something that would've been built up being a 2003 SD PPV. Both dudes busted their asses from start to finish and came out looking like a million bucks. That was workhorse gauntlet Rollins and 2014 superhuman Cesaro.
I feel like if that match would've had a little better backstory then it would've easily been better than Sami/KO..Technique wise it was to me, but I felt like Sami/KO told a better story and had a better build..So I think they kinda equaled out to me..I'd love to see Cesaro and Seth run it back down the road for a title..That'd be super special to see..

Back
Top Bottom