May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roman should use the Samoan Spike
There is no way I can say this cleanly but I will try.

(Kayfabe) I view the Samoan Spike as a primitive Samoan move.

Roman seems to be a new generation, college educated, less "savage" member of thst heritage. So I think that move, as well as Headbutt SPAMMING, to be outdated for HIS character.

Hopefully that makes sense.

There is no way I can say this cleanly but I will try.

(Kayfabe) I view the Samoan Spike as a primitive Samoan move.

Roman seems to be a new generation, college educated, less "savage" member of thst heritage. So I think that move, as well as Headbutt SPAMMING, to be outdated for HIS character.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I thought it’d be good for him because he has become more aggressive and it’d pay homage to Umaga, but I can see it that way

As long as WWE keeps Roman and all 4 members of the Horsewomen, they're straight.

I don't think losing anyone else to AEW really changes much financially or status wise.

Now if Roman were to jump, that would be big because he is the most polarizing star and is booked as the #1 company's, #1...but I don't think that has a chance of happening anytime soon.

Whoever has the best women's division, automatically is the #1 company in today's age.

Losing a Horsewoman to any other company, gives that company a chance, a small one, but at least a chance to get the division to that level.

Right now, there is no chance at all to surpass WWE's women's division.

All the OTHER guys and women are interchangeable to be honest.

I thought it’d be good for him because he has become more aggressive and it’d pay homage to Umaga, but I can see it that way
I think he knows at some point Jacob Fatu will come in and slide into that Samoan Savage role that was once filled by Umaga. So to differentiate himself from THAT, he will represent the Modern Samoan style.

I think he knows at some point Jacob Fatu will come in and slide into that Samoan Savage role that was once filled by Umaga. So to differentiate himself from THAT, he will represent the Modern Samoan style.

I would be more comfortable with him doing the spike if he were a good guy. I find it weird for bad guys doing homages and stuff. Especially Roman, he's so stuck up. He's like the living embodiment of MY persona. Damn sexy too. Like my persona!

Hijo Del Promo Hijo Del Promo

I can agree with you there in that mostly everyone there is disposable.

I couldn't imagine any of the 5 Main Women (Sasha/Bayley/Charlotte/Becky/Asuka) going anywhere.

I couldn't imagine Roman going anywhere either and as you said, the other men are replaceable.

But I think the bigger issue is the perceived low morale in the WWE Locker-room. I think that matters to the talent on both sides. However, I am not sure if/how that translates to anything ratings/$ wise.

D deleted - new tracksuits :pimp:

790C0EEB-989C-4008-94BE-A3EB1768446F.png

Tajiri got a contract 🤢

Hijo Del Promo Hijo Del Promo

I can agree with you there in that mostly everyone there is disposable.

I couldn't imagine any of the 5 Main Women (Sasha/Bayley/Charlotte/Becky/Asuka) going anywhere.

I couldn't imagine Roman going anywhere either and as you said, the other men are replaceable.

But I think the bigger issue is the perceived low morale in the WWE Locker-room. I think that matters to the talent on both sides. However, I am not sure if/how that translates to anything ratings/$ wise.

Yeah Asuka too, but the key is breaking up the 4-woman team. But if you can't, it's not bad to have Asuka be your centerpiece. Asuka has they ability to still be popular even though she was booked like trash. Before the pandemic it was "has Asuka lost her mojo storyline," floundering tag team, sometimes on TV, tapping CLEAN to no charisma Natalya.

Doesn't matter, she's still popular. Still beleivable she's on the main card level. Without doing English promos.

Yeah, I am sure morale sucks for anyone, not those people. I stated it before, it must suck to be on the WWE Women's Division, they must feel like the song, "All Cried Out." Since Women's Wrestling was made important. Great! But if you look at all the storylines on the main roster, 100% are focused around a member of the Horsewomen. The only people who have broken through to get some consistent pushes are Alexa and Asuka. That's it. And if it happens to not be any of those 6, you get pushed aside for the Diva Era Legends like Trish, Bellas, Lita, Beth, etc...or a outside the industry star like Ronda.

And on the Men's side, unless you are a generational talent that the fans refuse to let you be booked like garbage, you're going to be in the same spot forever. Unless WWE decides to really push you. It's been like 10 years since Big E got a push, and his last push was a mid-card singles push. Morale must suck.

Last edited:
All Japan bringing in all these death match guys is interesting

Jun Kasai on tomorrow's card

All Japan bringing in all these death match guys is interesting

Jun Kasai on tomorrow's card
Yeah I think they’re just filling out their cards with any local freelancers they can find since they lost all most of their foreigners

Back
Top Bottom