"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Originally Posted by Essential1

You could see it the entire 24/7 series..

I literally LOL when I read or hear this. Do not judge anything by a TV show. 24/7 shows nothing worth noting about a fighter's training camp...it is merely for entertainment and promotion to the fight.

I was talking to some dude the other day about the fight and he said Cotto is going to win, because based on 24/7, Cotto was taking the bout more serious than Floyd.

laugh.gif

At least manny fought Barrera morales and jmm all in their prime. Also beat Joshua clottey. The more I look at may weathers resume I see how many bums he has fought. Carlos baldomir lulz sharmba Mitchell lulz. I remember the days when the best fighters fought the best upcoming prospects smh. Can't wait till someone exposes him

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I literally LOL when I read or hear this. Do not judge anything by a TV show. 24/7 shows nothing worth noting about a fighter's training camp...it is merely for entertainment and promotion to the fight.

I was talking to some dude the other day about the fight and he said Cotto is going to win, because based on 24/7, Cotto was taking the bout more serious than Floyd.

laugh.gif
I can agree to an extent.

I was saying about his mentality, and Ortiz proved it right in the Mayweather fight, and the Maidana fight where he quit..

Doubt Mayweather or Pac lose until they fight each other. I think it would be hard to beat either of those fighters without knocking them out, the possibility of them fighting is too lucrative for them to lose on score cards. Also, both May and Pac had great careers in lower weight classes and both have played it relatively safe since coming up to 147, but I do think May at 147 has had better opposition than Pac

clottey got a million dollar 'good effort' bonus..smh

clottey took that money, went back to africa and we aint heard of him since.

laugh.gif
reminds me of the Pac vs Margs 24/7.  Pac supposedly had a bad camp based on the episodes with all the distractions, sluggish mittwork, etc.. While Marg was serious, in shape, etc.. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

At least manny fought Barrera morales and jmm all in their prime. Also beat Joshua clottey. The more I look at may weathers resume I see how many bums he has fought. Carlos baldomir lulz sharmba Mitchell lulz. I remember the days when the best fighters fought the best upcoming prospects smh. Can't wait till someone exposes him

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

What did he do prior to that bout to warrant a fight with the #1 P4P fighter? Oh yeah... in the bout prior to challenging Pacquiao, Clottey lost a decision to the fighter (Miguel Cotto) that Pacquiao beat for a piece of the Welterweight title.

Anyone that watches boxing knew that fight was strategically set-up by Pac's daddy, Bob Arum. Given Clottey's history, there was no way Clottey would throw enough punches to hurt Pacquiao...let alone win a 12-round championship fight.

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

What did he do prior to that bout to warrant a fight with the #1 P4P fighter? Oh yeah... in the bout prior to challenging Pacquiao, Clottey lost a decision to the fighter (Miguel Cotto) that Pacquiao beat for a piece of the Welterweight title.

Anyone that watches boxing knew that fight was strategically set-up by Pac's daddy, Bob Arum. Given Clottey's history, there was no way Clottey would throw enough punches to hurt Pacquiao...let alone win a 12-round championship fight.

Clottey is better than 85% of the boxers mayweather beat.

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

You really out here attempting to defend Joshua Clottey, though?

Clottey (Top Rank) Vs. PacMan (Top Rank)...All in-house, like MOST of PacMan's fights.

You're talking nonsense about the type of fighters Mayweather has faced when uh...PacMan has fought the EXACT same fighters...

At catchweights...but I'm not saying anything.

roll.gif
Josh Clottey?

roll.gif
 I'm not even a Mayweather fan but this number is off.
Bottom line, both Mayweather and Pacquiao hand pick fighters to fight. It's one of the many perks of being a top P4P fighter.

It's quite hilarious honestly to see people who don't post in the boxing thread all of a sudden become boxing experts when Mayweather or Pacquiao's name is mentioned. Shows your boxing knowledge right there.

And to even the score since Tim claims Mayweather fights bums did Pacquiao fight Diego "Chico" Corrales? Or Luis Castillo? Nope. 

If Floyd plants his feet in the middle of the ring like he did in rounds 2-3 vs Ortiz, Its gonna be a late stoppage.

Floyd's speed/pop/counters (especially uppercuts) are going to be way too much

Back
Top Bottom