McDonalds New Campaign/Website... Offensive?

1. It's not offensive

2. They just want more black people to eat at McDonalds apparently
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Spanish channels, as in Spanish Language channels. You dudes are dense.
I knew you'd go there, you knew you'd go there, "Spanish language channels", yet you still only referred to it as"Spanish". Only one dense here is you, don't make me have to explain it to you.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

laugh.gif
I knew you'd go there, you knew you'd go there, "Spanish language channels", yet you still only referred to it as "Spanish". Only one dense here is you, don't make me have to explain it to you.

strikeout.jpg

laugh.gif
, I'm laughing at you because I know what you are trying to get at. "Spanish TV", "Spanish Channels", "Spanish language Channels" or as we call it "Canales en Espanol" refer to channelsthat use the language commonly known as Spanish.

Referring to people of Latin descent, that is a different story. "Those people are Spanish" still indicates that you are referring to people fromSpain.

Keep digging, like McDonald's you are simply trying too hard. Failing at the same time.

There is a difference

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

McDonald's has really targeted all their advertising campaigns towards African Americans.
laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

Do yourself a favor, get off your high horse. Then turn to one of the spanish channels on your tv and count how many McDonald's commercials come on. They target everybody, black dudes on NT are the only ones that create threads making a fuzz about their ads.

Hmm, i thought spanish was only to be used to describe things from Spain.
got 'em.

dude stays trying to "school" people about that @@#%.
laugh.gif

Yeah...because they're going to play ENGLISH commercials on the SPANISH channels...
eyes.gif

I'm not black, but it's obvious they've been mostly targeting the black/african american community for some time now. And they've been doing a bad job with it...

You are not black, and you clearly missed the point as well. Look at your response "they've been mostly targeting the black/african american community for some time now". They are targeting more than that demographic.

They actually are just targeting black people with this campaign though. Peep the About Us page on the site.

IMO, it's not really offensive. But framing ideas in racial contexts will just encourage socialization by race, which may lead to racism. In a way, itsalmost a like a perpetuation of the opportunity for racism...but A LOT of things do that.... (Not saying that it's okay...I'm just not trying to pullthe race card).

Fam...their TARGET MARKET is the black/african american community and has been for some time now. OF COURSE they're gonna have different commercials indifferent languages...that's always been the case, no one is trying to say that their ONLY focus is to appeal to black folks.

If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you...

They actually are just targeting black people with this campaign though. Peep the About Us page on the site.
No one is denying that. However, to say they "only target" or "they're mostly targeting" african americans is absurd. McDonald's only cares about one thing and that is making money. Unfortunately, poverty stricken minorities are their demographic.

laugh.gif
I knew you'd go there, you knew you'd go there, "Spanish language channels", yet you still only referred to it as "Spanish". Only one dense here is you, don't make me have to explain it to you.
strikeout.jpg

laugh.gif
, I'm laughing at you because I know what you are trying to get at. "Spanish TV", "Spanish Channels", "Spanish language Channels" or as we call it "Canales en Espanol" refer to channels that use the language commonly known as Spanish.

Referring to people of Latin descent, that is a different story. "Those people are Spanish" still indicates that you are referring to people from Spain.

Keep digging, like McDonald's you are simply trying too hard. Failing at the same time.

There is a difference

laugh.gif
if only cared enough to bring back the thread, thatargument was deeper than this limited argument you're trying to make right now. No trying necessary, no reach anywhere near here. You can't see it,and you'll never see it, and i really don't care.

laugh.gif
strikeout.jpg

laugh.gif
, I'm laughing at you because I know what you are trying to get at. "Spanish TV", "Spanish Channels", "Spanish language Channels" or as we call it "Canales en Espanol" refer to channels that use the language commonly known as Spanish.

Referring to people of Latin descent, that is a different story. "Those people are Spanish" still indicates that you are referring to people from Spain.

There is a difference
laugh.gif
if only cared enough to bring back the thread, that argument was deeper than this limited argument you're trying to make right now. No trying necessary, no reach anywhere near here. You can't see it, and you'll never see it, and i really don't care.

No one is arguing with you,
laugh.gif

If you don't care then just hop on and keep it moving:

30_42_ltrain_z.jpg

Who even listen to what keith sweat says, hes not even important. lol

To the people saying its not offensive, it is. Commercial subliminals actually work on a large part of the population.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

McDonald's has really targeted all their advertising campaigns towards African Americans.
laugh.gif
, I hope your joking.

Do yourself a favor, get off your high horse. Then turn to one of the spanish channels on your tv and count how many McDonald's commercials come on. They target everybody, black dudes on NT are the only ones that create threads making a fuzz about their ads.
Yeah...because they're going to play ENGLISH commercials on the SPANISH channels...
eyes.gif

I'm not black, but it's obvious they've been mostly targeting the black/african american community for some time now. And they've been doing a bad job with it...

Actually if u have been watching, i feel like they have been coming out with some for all races....I've seen a few targeted towards middleeastern people

Im Persian, if that matters....

I've been offended by McDonalds marketing for years.

...Not because its racist, just because its just offensively horrible marketing.

Back
Top Bottom