mcgrady and rockets to part ways

http://www.chron.com/disp...orts/bk/bkn/6789894.html
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

meh, as if this is shocking news by now...

The article only mentions that they will trade him asap...nothing has happened yet

Adios TMac. Such high hopes when you came on board. I really thought Mac + Yao was going to be Kobe + Shaq 2.0
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Nevertheless, from the fleecing of the Magic in the trade, Franchise + Mobley + Cato to get you here, to the dominating game 1 + 2 peformance vs Dallas in theplayoffs back in 04 on the road (dunk over Bradley, game winner in game 2), the 13 pts in 35 seconds, off and on injuries, 'It's on Me,' 22 gamewinning streak, and to all the 2nd round virgin, lazy eye gifs, through it all, TMac as a Rocket is appreciated.

pimp.gif

Hope my dude rebounds and gets mins wherever he goes.

Shouldnt have publicly announced that, but everyone knew though.

oh well.

come to NY tmac!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

not surprising

houston probably looking for expiring contracts, they arent going to bring any long term contracts. might as well tell tmac to stay home because it's 23Moff the books next yr.

They'll take back players with long contracts, as long as the player(s) helps the Rockets cause. Chuck Hayes aint doin' it as the Rockets C...

Do it Donnie!
happy.gif

Cleveland ain't happening cuz there was just a blurb about them struggling to find time for all the wing players (Moon, Boobie, Parker, Delonte).

Knicks are definitely a possibility. But again, who would Houston want from the Knicks' roster?? Curry?
sick.gif

Nets also have too many young, wing players (CDR, Lee, Williams) that warrant playing time over T-Mac.

I like Orlando as a possible destination. Between Gortat and Bass, they definitely have bigs who would be a nice addition to Houston in a trade. But betweenShard, Ryan Anderson, Vince, Peaches, Barnes, and JJ.... Where the hell would T-Mac fit in?

Boston would be good... Lakers too believe it or not. Clippers too could offer Camby and his expiring + Bassy or some other filler.

well if it's NY, nate robinson will be included in the deal (since D'Antoni doesn't want him)

I'm about to have a heart attack.
frown.gif

But o well. Guess I will have to take away my rockets fan card.
tired.gif

And of course get a new one. Where every T-Mac goes, Jamergrady will be there to follow.
pimp.gif

Houston is low key deep. I thought they would need another big before the season, but Scola, Landry, Hayes and Andersen are doing well up front. They got areliable PG duo in Brooks and Lowry. Ariza, Battier and Budinger (when he returns from injury) is solid.

Unless they're getting back a bonafide star, I don't see them taking back players whose contracts run past this summer.

^that would def. replace instant buckets.

Lakers cant fit him...they have artest + kobe already.
unless you're going to move kobe to the point...whicih actually works out most of the time.

I was VERY upset when we traded Steve for Tracy. I eventually came around to actually liking him being on our squad. I feel they kinda jerked with him but weall saw this coming after that Detroit game last season. He pretty much ended his stay here by announcing his surgery right before the trade deadline.

nerd.gif
Yao with Rashard

Houston Trade Breakdown
[h3]Change in Team Outlook: +15.3 ppg, +8.0 rpg, and +0.9 apg.[/h3][table][tr][th="col"]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
Lewis_Rashard_orl.jpg
[/td] [td]Rashard Lewis
6-10 SF from Alief Elsik (HS)
15.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.8 apg in 33.0 minutes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Gortat_Marcin_orl.jpg
[/td] [td]Marcin Gortat
0-0 from
3.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.0 minutes[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][th="col"]Outgoing Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
[/td] [td]Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 7.6 minutes[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Curry+Gallo+Harrington = T-Mac
Where do we sign?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom