McGrady's Top 10 Plays: The Rivalry that Could've Been

To the only other perimeter player that could hang with Kobe. Cheers T-Mac.

One of the most fun players to watch in the early-mid 2000s if not THE most exciting player
I'll never forget that Spurs game, being a Spurs fan myself that is embedded in my brain forever

T-Mac
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
my favorite player during my high school days

Please T-Mac was NEVER in the same class with Kobe and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

T-Mac in his prime before his injuries was just a flashy shooter who scored a lot.

He did not have the same complete game like Kobe where Kobe could shut guys down on defense. T-Mac has never been known as a defensive player.

Also offensively Kobe's post up game, mid range game are better than T-Mac's.
And were talking about a guy who could never lead any of his teams out of the 1st round.

i strongly believe if tmac was healthy he would have won 5+ straight scoring titles and definitely 1 MVP. Thats all he would have won though. Now if Yao was healthy, thats a different story.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Please T-Mac was NEVER in the same class with Kobe and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

T-Mac in his prime before his injuries was just a flashy shooter who scored a lot.

He did not have the same complete game like Kobe where Kobe could shut guys down on defense. T-Mac has never been known as a defensive player.

And were talking about a guy who could never lead any of his teams out of the 1st round.
O RLY?

What was T-Mac known as in Toronto? Don't worry, I'll wait.

That's 32/6.5/5.5 season he had in 02-03. My lawd
sick.gif

You just describe kobe 05-07.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

wink.gif

wink.gif
Why 05-07 only? 

Originally Posted by Goldmember

wink.gif
Why 05-07 only? 
That's unfair to say. Kobe was a great defensive player not too long ago, but his first team all defensive nod last season was a complete joke.  He is still a good defender, but shouldn't even be third team all defensive.  
roll.gif
At Kobe even being brought up in the thread though.  

It's a shame how T-Macs career went down the drain. I still think the league contenders (MIA, CHI, LAL, SA, OKC, etc) should definitely be considering signing him in the offseason for the vet min.

Back
Top Bottom