Medical School Class of 2013

Yeah I agree with HODOG studying in high school is very OD and pointless. You havent touched most of the material and really dont need to study until after youhave taken physics and organic etc. They only part now you can start to improve on is the verbal reasoning and you can do that by reading more and the fasteryou can read with comprehension the easier that section will be.

Hodog correct me if im wrong but arent you currently doing your fellowship? I believe it was in pediatrics.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by sk23

naw youre good, i remember one nt'er studying for a couple months and getting a 39
pimp.gif

Thats a good score 39 I thought scores were supposed to be in the 80+
a perfect mcat score is a 45..studying in hs is a complete waste of time, especially seeing as you dont even know what the test is out of. a 39 is~99.5 percentile. i got a 36r in january
smile.gif

Congrats to all in the class of 2013
pimp.gif
Might I ask when you guys started studying for the MCAT and when you took them?

Originally Posted by Grand 0ld Party

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by sk23

naw youre good, i remember one nt'er studying for a couple months and getting a 39
pimp.gif

Thats a good score 39 I thought scores were supposed to be in the 80+
a perfect mcat score is a 45..studying in hs is a complete waste of time, especially seeing as you dont even know what the test is out of. a 39 is ~99.5 percentile. i got a 36r in january
smile.gif
Just got the book today sorry and its preety interesting so far. Still will read it though.

Originally Posted by nublee

Congrats to all in the class of 2013
pimp.gif
Might I ask when you guys started studying for the MCAT and when you took them?

don't even bother til the end of your junior year. the early jump doesn't give you as much of an advantage as some would like you to think because youstill have to take the necessary courses, and you plateau with the studying.

2012!!!!
caps lock ON 2012!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

You killed it Grand Ole Party congrats.

thanks, im hoping i get into uconn so i can graduate with no debt. if i dont get in there id like to go somewhere in the city

thanks, im hoping i get into uconn so i can graduate with no debt. if i dont get in there id like to go somewhere in the city
Yeah that would be huge. I am unfortunately graduating with over 200K in debt but its an investment that is well worth it to me.

Yeah that would be huge. I am unfortunately graduating with over 200K in debt but its an investment that is well worth it to me.
sick.gif

How do you sleep at night? Props anyway.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

He's gonna be a doctor he'll pay it off...all/most doctor's do but
sick.gif
nonetheless. Average debt

[h3]Student debt statistics[/h3]
  • $139,517 - According to the Association of American Medical Colleges, the average educational debt of indebted graduates of the class of 2007. The average debt of graduating medical students increased in 2007 by 6.9 percent over the previous year.
  • 75.5 percent of graduates have debt of at least $100,000
  • 87.6 percent of graduating medical students carry outstanding loans
You were ODing, where you buying kicks with your loan money?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Maybe I should go to USUHS

How long do you have to go to school to be a pediatrician? I'm asking for a friend.

I wish I had the patience and dedication you guys have. But Med School is too much for me

When do Med schools typical send out their acceptance letters? More specifically, Podiatry schools. Are they mostly on a rolling-admission status?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

How long do you have to go to school to be a pediatrician? I'm asking for a friend.
4 years of med school and 3-4 years of residency????? so 7-8 years?

Originally Posted by Dr 715

When do Med schools typical send out their acceptance letters? More specifically, Podiatry schools. Are they mostly on a rolling-admission status?
Start interviewing in september until march typically.......most school are rolling admissions, and send out acceptances in batches. If you havebeen waitlisted you can get an acceptance anytime before their school starts, it depends on how many students turn down acceptances.

I did zero calculus in medical school, that's strictly for pre-med/MCAT stuff. Don't let math deter you from being a doctor.

I finished my pediatrics residency in June 08 and passed my pediatric boards. Almost done with first year of fellowship in pediatric cardiology.

DaJoka: I was in a similar situation to you in terms of having a good/cheap place to go but holding out for waitlists. It all worked out in the end, and thanksto the cheap medical school I have zero debt
happy.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

He's gonna be a doctor he'll pay it off...all/most doctor's do but
sick.gif
nonetheless. Average debt

[h3]Student debt statistics[/h3]
  • $139,517 - According to the Association of American Medical Colleges, the average educational debt of indebted graduates of the class of 2007. The average debt of graduating medical students increased in 2007 by 6.9 percent over the previous year.
  • 75.5 percent of graduates have debt of at least $100,000
  • 87.6 percent of graduating medical students carry outstanding loans
You were ODing, where you buying kicks with your loan money?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Maybe I should go to USUHS
laugh.gif

you know damn well what my debt situation is right now.

that $139,000 number is *#!+%+*% or only refers to people going to school in West Virginia.

Graduating medical school with zero debt would be amazing.

I'll be carrying about 200,000+. And this is why I'll be specializing.

Originally Posted by solefulJs

i'm going to come out of law school with at least $170,000. and that's just three years.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by solefulJs

i'm going to come out of law school with at least $170,000. and that's just three years.
No one told you to live in Midtown paying 2000 a month for rent.

eek.gif
So basically your about 30 when your done
sick.gif

eek.gif
So basically your about 30 when your done
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You think that's bad?

Orthopedic surgery is 5-6 years + fellowships
Neurosurgery is 6-7 years

I'm gonna be in "school" forever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

BDW 30+ is young for a fully licensed physician.

Back
Top Bottom