Meek Mill - Dreamchasers Appreciation

I listen to this almost everyday, and it amazes me how he's able to paint that picture. Sigel, well you already know he had that skill set, but Meek? On this track he proves to me
that he can actually rap:

Caught up in the light, caught up in the life

I see youngin on the corner wit a quarter of that white
Code:
He jus tryna chase his dream plus his daughter need some wipes
Code:
and some pampers so he don't give a f abt the slammer 
Code:
he jus tryna stay alive clutchin on his hammer, world full of problems aint no body gotta answer
Code:
mommy in da grave, daddy gettin high, bills steady rollin and he barely gettin by
Code:
same clothes errrday he barely gettin fly........

Code:

laugh.gif
 I need to start rapping, you guys are impressed tooooooooo easily

B. Sig + Body Count beat & hook >>>>>> the rest of that mixtape.

Reading those lyrics and while remembering how he sounds...
roll.gif
roll.gif
dude's wack

Had some real solid cuts but the tape sounds the same. Same flow and yelling the whole time, mixtape got old quick.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

laugh.gif
 I need to start rapping, you guys are impressed tooooooooo easily

EASY money. Just come up with a gimmick and you're golden.

Not even talking about Meek Mill because I can like some of his stuff, just speaking in general

That verse was real life of a few of the dudes I grew up with
ohwell.gif

This line reasonates with me the most:

I'm rich off opportunity, money's gone pile up...

pimp.gif

Tape still gets played daily. "House Party" and "I'm Me" are the go to"gettin' ready to head out for the night" tracks.

Ya'll can keep talking about "oh its really simple" because its NOT.

This tape has CHARISMA...it has style, flow, and effort.

This is why I can't understand all the love for J Cole...dude is NOT that deep...Him and Meek could probably go bar for bar because J Cole ain't really talking about nothing like ya'll say he is either.

I stand by this statement...especially after that SUPER weak showing on the Beyonce song with ya'll defending dude: yeah its cool to have weak bars on R&B songs
eyes.gif

This is in the running for tape of the year IMO. Dude has had SINGLES or VIDEOS for almost every song on here. If that doesn't spell success I don't know what does.

Back
Top Bottom