Melo M5...?

Sorry you gotta come back in 2-3 months with all the packs and 11/12 pack, 23s, bred 1s and more no one here is picking up the melo M5 for a while

No dude i got my packs and everything i just want to know if there is any reviews somebody can show me or something.... i dont want to drop like 80 bucks onthis shoe for no reason... i get a discount at work.

the product desrciption on eastbay, makes them seem like there gonna be solid, but sorry bro, Im in the same boat as everyone else. Waiting to cop the XI/XIIpack before anything

nobody has gotten them yet, there's many better shoes to get right now. imo.

Well lets see.I got the black joints and to be honest..i love them.I just bought them to ball in.The zoom in the forefoot feels exactly like the zoom in theM3..But this time around you can tell there is definitely zoom in the heel as well.For me..my sits lower than the M3..as low as it does then i ball in myXX3´s.It feels like its the same weight as the XX3´s too(lighter than the Lebron 6).My foot didnt slide back n forth either..which is really good cuz i cut inand out of screens alot.Basically its my favorite Melo to ball in and the M4 is a very close 2nd.Its a little heavier than the M4..but is more responsive.Anklesupport is really good..on the same level as the M4..i personally liked the asymmetric cut of the M4 cuz it was less restrictive.Traction is the same..good butcould be better.Like if JB used a reg. herringbone pattern..it would be great.I personally didnt have issues..But if the floor is dusty..your gonna want toslow down on the sharp cuts.The different sized M patterns made a difference in traction..but i could be better with out a doubt.The M5 is a GREAT shoe andruns true to size..without a doubt..good for guards,quick slashing small forwards(like me),or dudes that play the power forward position.
To compare my shoes i love to ball in that i use rite now..my favorite to least favorite is...

Stealth XX3´s
Black/silver Melo M5´s
Black/gold bmore Melo M4´s
White varsity red/black XX2´s
USA Hyperdunks(Because my lunarfoam bottomed out..was number 1 though)

Hoped this helped out a little..I didnt pay full retail either..but i probably would though.And yes im still planning on gettin the 11/12 pack too..the thingis i WILL NOT be balling in them.So if you need a good ball shoe..and tired of Hyperdunks cuz they bottomed out..get the M5.Atleast zoom holds up through time.

i tried these on and as much as i liked the melo line, these were an easy pass for me. the traction wasnt sufficient when i was just pushing my foot
while it was planted. if it cant grip while doing a minor test like that, it surely wont when im running full speed. i definitely do like the upgrade to the
heel and forefoot zoom but as the person before me said im not a big fan of this cut. the asymmetrical cut of the m4 was awesome at providing a balance of
support and flexibility.

my major issue with these (other than the horrible "m" traction pattern) was the fact that these felt very restrictive movement wise, but no matterhow i tried
to tie them i couldnt get them to feel secure. i also dont like the patent leather on the black colorway. its too much and makes them look like a pair offancied up
jordan dentro or something.

right now im playing in the jordan esterno, which very much reminds me of the melo m4 with 100x better traction, and i have some adidas ts commanders comingin.
both of are much cheaper and much better performing shoes than these. the esterno can be had for $89 on eastbay.com and you can get even get free shipping
if you go to footlocker with the eastbay product number and do a catalog order. the ts commanders can be had for $89 on the finishline website with the $10 offcoupon
on the site. finish line is also doing free shipping.

^^^ mt, I was wondering about those esterno's. I almost picked them up at the outlet last week w/30% off. Do they work pretty well? About the only Jordan Ihave liked in a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom