Memorization As A Prerequisite For "Knowing" An Album/Artist?

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
do you consider memorization of a song/album as a prerequisite for really knowing and appreciating an artist or album?

for instance, i consider aquemini one of my all time favorite albums but ill be damned if i can recite more than a few verses from it while they are playinglol ... in contrast, i can rap along with dmx on its dark and hell is hot for the duration of the cd ...

your thoughts?

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
but i can go along with many other outkast songs ... im strictly talking about memorization ... dont be so quick to judge either

aka anthony

Banned
Joined May 3, 2009
Usually after 5 listens of any album I have most of the songs memorized, my breath control is impeccable btw.

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
lol yeah i feel you ... i think its because nowadays i dont have as much time to listen to music like i did when i was younger ...j

Joined Jun 3, 2007
IDK everything I consider my favorite I end up memorizing or atleast mostly. I hold that standard to "favorite" in general. This word is used toloosely. You can only have one "favorite" hence the term. So to me I'd def say it's a prereq not by force but for the fact that I listen tomy favorite atleast three timesa day. Right now my Favorite album is "Ready to die." I've already listened to it two times today.

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
i have a good brain but i just cant memorize !%** anymore ... maybe its the years and years of ____

Joined Nov 16, 2007
Naw, i've always been TERRIBLE at memorizing lyrics. I appreciate quality lyrics as i hear em, but forget em just a lil bit later. Doesn't mean idon't/can't appreciate albums like Aquemini.

lilstarz07

Banned
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i have a good brain but i just cant memorize !%** anymore ... maybe its the years and years of ____
no excuses! maybe the @!++ u tryin to memorize aint worth memorizing?
i mean im pretty sure i know that aquemini is a better album than its dark and hell is hot ... but i dunno when i listen to aquemini i go into atrance or something ... i think for me, its a testament to how good it is if i cant memorize it but still listen regularly ... but maybe that sjust me

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now