Memorization As A Prerequisite For "Knowing" An Album/Artist?

lilstarz07

Banned
do you consider memorization of a song/album as a prerequisite for really knowing and appreciating an artist or album?

for instance, i consider aquemini one of my all time favorite albums but ill be damned if i can recite more than a few verses from it while they are playinglol ... in contrast, i can rap along with dmx on its dark and hell is hot for the duration of the cd ...

your thoughts?

but i can go along with many other outkast songs ... im strictly talking about memorization ... dont be so quick to judge either

Usually after 5 listens of any album I have most of the songs memorized, my breath control is impeccable btw.

lol yeah i feel you ... i think its because nowadays i dont have as much time to listen to music like i did when i was younger ...j

IDK everything I consider my favorite I end up memorizing or atleast mostly. I hold that standard to "favorite" in general. This word is used toloosely. You can only have one "favorite" hence the term. So to me I'd def say it's a prereq not by force but for the fact that I listen tomy favorite atleast three timesa day. Right now my Favorite album is "Ready to die." I've already listened to it two times today.

i have a good brain but i just cant memorize !%** anymore ... maybe its the years and years of ____

Naw, i've always been TERRIBLE at memorizing lyrics. I appreciate quality lyrics as i hear em, but forget em just a lil bit later. Doesn't mean idon't/can't appreciate albums like Aquemini.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i have a good brain but i just cant memorize !%** anymore ... maybe its the years and years of ____
no excuses! maybe the @!++ u tryin to memorize aint worth memorizing?
i mean im pretty sure i know that aquemini is a better album than its dark and hell is hot ... but i dunno when i listen to aquemini i go into atrance or something ... i think for me, its a testament to how good it is if i cant memorize it but still listen regularly ... but maybe that sjust me

Back
Top Bottom