Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo, or Ronaldinho....who ya got?

i'd have to go with messi, his playmaking ability is incredible, after being able to watch him a bit more at the end of la liga last year and through the copa america i have to say he's the best player right now. when he makes that cut back inside, it's a wrap for any defender, he pushes the tempo and puts more pressure on defenses than any other player in the game. glad hugebird brought up ribery, love watching that kid play. i still say it was ribery who was the driving force behind france's last world cup run, he's gotta be one of the top players in the game right now.
And I move like the Coupe thru traffic / Rush hour GT Bent' roof is absent​

From your list Kaka but there others i would take before him.
England till I die, England till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, England till I die!​

Forget everything I said.
Kaka for the win, stellar performance today.

and at back1ntheday Messi is NOT the best player right now. He's top 3, but not #1. Ribery did not drive France in their last world cup run... He actually turned in quite a few lowly performances if my memory serves me right.

Messi.

No question.

Team Dodgers
55 . 59 . 63 . 65 . 81 . 88
TeamLakers​

How soon they forget:

laugh.gif
@ the second youtube comment: "the song @#%$ up the video"
Check up on it.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Surrounded by idiots. Word to P and Timbo.​

3 players I would choose to build around are: Messi, Fabregas, and peep the sig.

but if i had to choose one i would choose Fabregas.

btw replace ronaldo with robinho. :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

I hate Cristiano as much as everyone else should, but y'all must've forgot, word to Roy Jones. With Ronaldo's pace and skill set makes him unmarkable so often. Not to mention he's got a stinging shot that seems to always go on target, and is underrated in the air. At 22.
SuraEsco: HATE

Quote:
I'd take Giovanni do Santos over Messi right now by the way, I'm only saying that because Messi is acting like a lately just because the Rangers spent all 90 minutes defending... Messi should know by now most teams WILL do that against Barcelona, I don't want players who run their mouth on my squad.

If you knew anything about Messi you would know that he barely speaks to the media and when he does it is of importance, all Messi said was that Rangers played "anti-football" which they did. So he voices his opinion 1 time and now he runs his mouth???

Quote:
I wouldn't even take Gio over Bojan.

co-sign...I am a barca fan and i have been very patient but i just dont see all the hype around him Bojan on the other hand is extremely talented and has a very bright future.

Franck & Diego are a tie IMO tho.

Quote:
Ribery doesn't have the vision, passing skills, or shooting skills Diego has, he's just faster.

@#%$??? when was the last time you watched a Bayern Munchen game???

Quote:
How soon they forget:
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

I think he meant Ronaldo from Portugal.. Noone is going to take the Brazilian ronaldo to build a team around since he's way past his prime.

Gonna agree with everyone sayign Dinho is on the downslope of his career.

Up until the summer I was convinced that Kaka was the best in the world, but Messi has made me a believer so far this year.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

^He is far from a team player, building a team around him is suicide.

edit: I meant Cristiano Ronaldo

also.
Quote:
If you knew anything about Messi you would know that he barely speaks to the media and when he does it is of importance, all Messi said was that Rangers played "anti-football" which they did. So he voices his opinion 1 time and now he runs his mouth???

That wasn't all he said

I believe he also added that they would suffer in Barcelona. Sure it's just one event, but these things build up... Plus it's proven that Messi can be taken out of a game (Word to Copa America). Giovanni dos Santos MADE his own space against Brazil, Messi was taken out of the game by sticking a man on him. Also those of you who say Dinho is on the down slope of his career are crazy, I just think you can't expect him to shine like he used to when he is surrounded by players of his caliber.

I'd also like to add Robinho won't be elite until he learns that the individual play is NOT meant to happen midfield. He traps the ball way to often and often gives up valuable counterattacks. Everywhere else is pretty flawless, but that one defect has serious consequences.

edit #2: did NOONE see Kaka play today? And I'm just gonna say it one more time, you don't build teams around strikers, even attacking midfielders is ehhhh.

WELL....if you meant Cristiano ill take him
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
CAUTION: PUT YOUR STUNNA SHADES ON
TEAM XBOX360​
.:GAMERTAG= CincoSeisDos​

I meant C. Ronaldo.....
Quote:
All these hyped up players getting all the air time. Personally I'd choose a defender or goalkeeper to build a team around,

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
You gotta go with the flow Joe,
No matter what, it's a helluva show.​

Quote:
All these hyped up players getting all the air time. Personally I'd choose a defender or goalkeeper to build a team around

Why da heck would you build your team around a goalie?

BTW, I'm a homer so I'd take Messi or Fabregas. Two years ago my answer would've been Thierry Henry.

Naw...that vid isn't evidence showing you can build a squad around Ronaldo at all, but like I said earlier...I'd pick him just off nostalgia...

With someone like Ronaldo on your squad, they either make you lazy cuz the whole strategy is "just give him the ball and watch him go" - or he'd make dudes step their game up...on some "We gotta be ready for anything."

Yeah - it's easy to frown on him now, but for a hot second Ronaldo was that dude :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Surrounded by idiots. Word to P and Timbo.​

Quote:
Why da heck would you build your team around a goalie?

How many times have you seen Goalkeepers single handedly pull off upsets? Goalkeepers tend to be the center of communication for the team, and when they're good they keep the teams morale high. Goalie's are the least selfish (generally) and others thrive on their success. A big stop by the Goalie often leads to great counterattacks as stopping an attacking flow usually means the team only has their back 2 or 3 behind midfield. It creates the possibility of a 5 on 2/3. Also, in 2 leg (home+away game) knockout tournaments, a team can only attempt and successfully accomplish a huge comeback if they can be sure they're goalie will stop shots, or else they'll just be letting in more goals due to counterattacks and increasing the deficit.

Oh and if your goalie is sick with the set pieces, you just can't be in a better situation as not only will the Goalie provide a threat on set pieces, he will also be better at defending against set piece kicks and penalties because he will be able to think through the mind of the kicker.

if there team is any good the goalkeeper wont even have to work at all because the possession will be so lopsided.

Keepers are involved in maybe 5-10% of the game.

You want impact players who are constantly involved in the game. That's why central defenders/midfielders/strikers are valued way more than wingers/keepers(who aren't involved in the game as much).
Quote:
Oh and if your goalie is sick with the set pieces, you just can't be in a better situation as not only will the Goalie provide a threat on set pieces, he will also be better at defending against set piece kicks and penalties because he will be able to think through the mind of the kicker.

If you set up a good wall, or have a well-disciplined team that doesn't commit many fouls in their own scoring area, you wont have much trouble. How many set pieces does each team get in a match? Not very many. A better question would be, how many of those shots actually get on net? Once again, not very many.

If he meant C.Ronaldo then I retract this statement.....
Quote:
I'm a big fan of Ronaldo
The Only Sensible Way To Live In This World Is Without Rules....
/.::.\STARSCREAM/.::.\
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies."
And Tonight You're Going To Break Your One Rule.​

i'd love to say R10 but as everybody has said already, he's on his way down. so with that said..it's between Kaka or messi. leaning more on lionel because he's got so much upside. dude is only what? 20?
561​

I feel ya Cage. And, yea, waaaaay back in the day. Just a fan of the game now....

It really is a beautiful game. So fun to watch..
I remember you saying you played though.

How many times have you seen Goalkeepers single handedly pull off upsets?

You know how many times midfield possession wins matches? A lot more than a keeper having a great night.

You gotta go with the flow Joe,
No matter what, it's a helluva show.​

I can't believe cats are dissing Ronaldo. This guy was "The Phenom," people have to remember that before Ronaldinho, there was Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been the greatest Brazilian export since Romario! Sure, his age keeps him away from murdering cats out there yet I'd still have him in my team. He'd be a weapon that I could use for a good half-time and provide me with great results.

But if we're talking about building a team around one single player out of those 5, I'd have to say that I'd choose Messi. Messi is young and has been given better opportunities to develop his game. Messi has been the one that has helped carry Argentina these past few tournaments (of course Riquelme, Crespo and Tevez have helped him). We have to admit that Kaka isn't Brazil's go-to-guy. Although Kak might be the most important player in his club and the team basically rests on his shoulders, Messi has a bigger presence than Kaka. Messi still shines through even though he's surrounded by some of the best players in the world. If a guy stands out of a group of excellent players and has amazing talent, a killing instinct and plenty of time to keep developing his game then I'll defenitely take "El Leon Messi."

Back
Top Bottom