Meth vs. Crack Which is a bigger problem? (discuss)

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

I would say the biggest factor would be location and access.
Cocaine STAYS being transported into the states, and although you have a few busts here and there, the presence of cocaine in the U.S. is inevitable.
Now because coke is readily available, it can be easily made into freebase (crack) by individual small-time dealers. So between cheap cost and EXTREMELY
easy access in just about anywhere in the states, its not that surprising that crack is so popular.

Meth is a bit newer; because it is completely manmade and not derived from a plant (not saying making coke from coca plants is simple but its definitely simpler than manufacturing meth) it is more difficult to acquire, and to a certain extent transport meth. Meth (crystal) can be smoked/snorted without having to make a freebase.
You have it all wrong, dude. Meth is way easier to acquire in a lot of places than crack. You have dudes with like an IQ of like 40 able to cook meth in their trailer homes and apartments, using things you can buy at Home Depot. Part of the reason that it's so cheap is that there aren't that many middlemen involved. It pretty much goes Manufacturer -> dealer -> user. Coke/ crack usually goes through a lot of hands before it gets to the user.
Thats arguable.
I always hear people/documentaries talking about "its as easy as mixing A and B"
Its really not.
There is a HUGE amount of preparation involved, and contrary to popular belief, access to the ingredients is not easy at all.
Some stuff has to be purchased at chemical supply stores, other things send up red flags when you buy enough to manufacture a tiny bit of meth.
There are several complicated steps, its dangerous (explosives), the fumes are toxic (health risk), you have to deal with the byproducts, and theres a huge legal risk.
Those factors keep meth from being produced by the average joe..

Originally Posted by s dubl

I've personally seen people lose everything due to meth...I was almost there as well, but luckily pulled out of it.
nerd.gif

Sayyyy, word?

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

^I'm curious how you would get involved in it though??? Before I would even think about doing it I would be embarrased like "am I really about to do Meth". Not hate, but damn son...where did you get lost?
experimenting/friends...

same way you'd try weed or drinking.

People around you are doing it...hey why not try it...I wont get addicted or anything, just lookin to have fun.

In reply to my access and interest in meth-

I know the people that can get me Meth because
a) they sell me other "soft" drugs
b) they're friends of small time dealers

Also, when you get older/go to college youd be surprised at how many people do coke. Within those people that do coke, theres bound to be a few that experimented/have access to meth.

I think that certain drugs are interesting. I don't chase a feeling of euphoria, or getting stuff done (meth), but if I can "accentuate" parts of my life with few cons and long-term health risks, why not? I;m in college, and at this point of my life I want to have diff. experiences in addition to social stuff. If I can have some fun with little to no overall harm (this is in reference to drugs in general) then I want to. Heroin and Meth are the only drugs I wouldn't do. The aforementioned is only with little addiction/dependence risk, moderation, and health precautions. Also Route of administration plays a huge part--A person can take Meth orally once every two months and keep it under control. But if you IV it...ain't no controlling there..

Just my personal outlook

Nah, man. You must not know what it's like in Central Cali, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Average Joes are cooking meth, and lots of it.

Also, when you get older/go to college youd be surprised at how many people do coke. Within those people that do coke, theres bound to be a few that experimented/have access to meth.

I think that certain drugs are interesting. I don't chase a feeling of euphoria, or getting stuff done (meth), but if I can "accentuate" parts of my life with few cons and long-term health risks, why not? I;m in college, and at this point of my life I want to have diff. experiences in addition to social stuff. If I can have some fun with little to no overall harm (this is in reference to drugs in general) then I want to. Heroin and Meth are the only drugs I wouldn't do. The aforementioned is only with little addiction/dependence risk, moderation, and health precautions. Also Route of administration plays a huge part--A person can take Meth orally once every two months and keep it under control. But if you IV it...ain't no controlling there..

Just my personal outlook

Would you try DMT?
nerd.gif

Have you tried Shrooms? If so, did you have a life altering experience?

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Just my personal outlook

Would you try DMT?
nerd.gif

DMT is definitely on my list.
I tried an 1/8th of shrooms this summer and it was definitely interesting lol
Although the experience itself was cool (visuals/sounds etc.) it wasn't really life-changing
From what I hear Acid, LSD and DMT are the real "life-changing" drugs; haven't found a connect yet though

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Just my personal outlook

Would you try DMT?
nerd.gif

DMT is definitely on my list.
I tried an 1/8th of shrooms this summer and it was definitely interesting lol
Although the experience itself was cool (visuals/sounds etc.) it wasn't really life-changing
From what I hear Acid, LSD and DMT are the real "life-changing" drugs; haven't found a connect yet though
I dont know what DMT is, and Ive never tried shrooms...but I have experimented with LSD acid. IMO while you're under the influence it can be "life-changing" especially after a bad trip. It's been around 10 years since Ive done any chemicla drugs and I dont have any long term affects.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Nah, man. You must not know what it's like in Central Cali, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Average Joes are cooking meth, and lots of it.
http://www.associatedcont...eth_in_soda_bottles.html
Every meth recipe is dangerous for explosions, but with this recipe if you do not shake the bottle just right it can explode

I should have said it keeps a good amount of people from manufacturing it. How many people do you think are willing to risk that^
There are definitely some, but again its not the majority of people interested in trying meth/selling

Every meth recipe is dangerous for explosions, but with this recipe if you do not shake the bottle just right it can explode
I should have said it keeps a good amount of people from manufacturing it. How many people do you think are willing to risk that^
There are definitely some, but again its not the majority of people interested in trying meth/selling

..addicts will do ANYthing for a hit.

..addicts will do ANYthing for a hit.

Arguable. Although whats right/wrong is not so clear when withdrawing, I'm sure a lot of them wouldn't risk having a fireball explode in their hands.

and sdubl  google DMT..interesting stuff.
You're right about the no long-term effects, LSD and Acid are probably the safest recreational drugs, moreso than even weed

Cocaine STAYS being transported into the states, and although you have a few busts here and there, the presence of cocaine in the U.S. is inevitable.
Now because coke is readily available, it can be easily made into freebase (crack) by individual small-time dealers. So between cheap cost and EXTREMELY
easy access in just about anywhere in the states, its not that surprising that crack is so popular.

Meth is a bit newer; because it is completely manmade and not derived from a plant (not saying making coke from coca plants is simple but its definitely simpler than manufacturing meth) it is more difficult to acquire, and to a certain extent transport meth. Meth (crystal) can be smoked/snorted without having to make a freebase.
You have it all wrong, dude. Meth is way easier to acquire in a lot of places than crack. You have dudes with like an IQ of like 40 able to cook meth in their trailer homes and apartments, using things you can buy at Home Depot. Part of the reason that it's so cheap is that there aren't that many middlemen involved. It pretty much goes Manufacturer -> dealer -> user. Coke/ crack usually goes through a lot of hands before it gets to the user.
Thats arguable.
I always hear people/documentaries talking about "its as easy as mixing A and B"
Its really not.
There is a HUGE amount of preparation involved, and contrary to popular belief, access to the ingredients is not easy at all.
Some stuff has to be purchased at chemical supply stores, other things send up red flags when you buy enough to manufacture a tiny bit of meth.
There are several complicated steps, its dangerous (explosives), the fumes are toxic (health risk), you have to deal with the byproducts, and theres a huge legal risk.
It's easier to make crack then it is to make meth.  But it's much easier to get the active ingredient in Meth (Pseudophedrine) than it is to get cocaine.  Pseudophedrine you can get in most parts of the US without an Rx.

My friend works in a pharmacy in Philly.  He says these big guys come in all the time picking up the economy size box of Pseudophedrine, and they can't do anything about it.

But anyone who has taken Orgo can probably make meth.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Is it the same Meth doc with dude who said he broke his schools javelin record on meth? I dont think Meth has anything on Crack though. Crack was huge. So was Herion. Meth is a suburb drug and its not even that much popular with younger people.
dont know where you're from but Meth is worse than heroin IMO...heroin isnt easy to come by in a lot of places....Meth can be had almost anywhere and is cheaper. Highly addictive, and can/will ruin your life.

Heroin is scary addictive, it destroys your body so does meth. The thing with meth is that its a synthetic drug and the trips people experience are far worse then crack.

[h3]
Meth vs. Crack Which is a bigger problem?
[/h3]
I don't know, but in my eyes, it depends on which country we're talking about here. Some countries don't have accessible supply to either drug (well, meth is a "lab drug), but in the Philippines [to my knowledge], Coke is something rare compared to Meth. You can get Meth there like you're going to get a loaf of bread from the grocery.

Method of use as well. Coke is easier to use than Meth itself.

I think its the legnth that the high lasts is why it is considered so dangerous. People on meth don't sleep and constantly crave more of the drug, and the highs last for serveral hours. A crack high lasts less than an hour.

also, if you think the heroin scene is dead, you are beyond wrong. To me Painkillers are the most dangerous drugs, I've seen too many people go from percs to OCs to dope. These drugs are crazy and easily the most widely available behind weed.

and for those wondering about shrooms, there is no explantion a person can give to describe the trip, its a complete mindscrew. Like I could tell you what its like, but it is still a crazy experience for your mind and body to go through and the first time it is extremely difficult to realize you are in reality and not a dream .It is definately different than anything you have ever done before, but not necessarily "life changing".

That being said, you don't know what fear is until you are in a bad trip, and those are definately life changing.

As far as damage goes, meth is more neurotoxic(brain); crack is more cardiotoxic (heart).

The thing with meth is that it does WAY more damage than crack. Crack is horrible as it is you can have heart attacks, obviously die; but meth is extremely toxic--I'm almost 100% sure that its the most dangerous drug ever.

Also, meth more long lasting, euphoric and cheaper than crack. If you give a crack head some meth he would leave crack for crystal.. Its a better "deal" overall.

So with meth being cheaper, more euphoric, more addictive, and more toxic I can kinda see why its targeted more.
But between the DEA's and Local Police Precinct agenda's, I'm sure there are other reasons why.

pretty much summed it up.
there all a big problem

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

[h3]
Meth vs. Crack Which is a bigger problem?
[/h3]

Method of use as well. Coke is easier to use than Meth itself.

what are you talking about? if it came down to it you can swallow either and get the effect from them. Neither of them are difficult to use.

damnthoseJs- However you can take meth, you can also take coke (oral, snorting, smoking, IV)

JoseBronx- Heroin is definitely ridiculously addictive, but it does little damage to the body (obviously ignoring OD's)

Back
Top Bottom