Meth vs. Crack Which is a bigger problem? (discuss)

I'm watching this program on the Bio Channel about Meth, and about what it's doing to our country. I haven't been around many Meth users, but grew up around a lot of crack-heads earlier in life. I guess I'm confused about what the difference between the two drugs is.

To me it's like a white person's crack. Which brings me to my question...why is this an epidemic and crack not on the forefront of drug enforcement? I'm not implying that this a race issue, but I have a hard time understanding why a drug that is more widely used (crack) is not given as much attention?

Former addicts, friends/family of addicts, or dealers please weigh in from a direct perspective.

source about what is a more widely used drug:
http://listverse.com/2009...ular-recreational-drugs/

You, I, and everyone else on this board knows damn well why Crack isn't given as much attention as Meth.

Meth is not "a white person's crack."
Meth is Meth
and Crack is Crack
both are deadly; one more so than the other.
Meth is serious business

Originally Posted by hymen man

Meth and Crank are both lethal.

crank is meth.

Meth is a huge problem (so is crack), IMO crack just gets more exposure from TV/Movies.

I've personally seen people lose everything due to meth...I was almost there as well, but luckily pulled out of it.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by hymen man

Meth and Crank are both lethal.

crank is meth.

Meth is a huge problem (so is crack), IMO crack just gets more exposure from TV/Movies.

I've personally seen people lose everything due to meth...I was almost there as well, but luckily pulled out of it.
glad u aight mu dude.
pimp.gif

Is it the same Meth doc with dude who said he broke his schools javelin record on meth? I dont think Meth has anything on Crack though. Crack was huge. So was Herion. Meth is a suburb drug and its not even that much popular with younger people.

meth is more in right now, so id say meth + i b seeing dudes w/ no enamal in their teeth, #*++%
sick.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Is it the same Meth doc with dude who said he broke his schools javelin record on meth? I dont think Meth has anything on Crack though. Crack was huge. So was Herion. Meth is a suburb drug and its not even that much popular with younger people.
dont know where you're from but Meth is worse than heroin IMO...heroin isnt easy to come by in a lot of places....Meth can be had almost anywhere and is cheaper. Highly addictive, and can/will ruin your life.

I would say that tweak (meth) is a bigger problem because I see younger people getting hooked on it (as opposed to crack). I've seen kids like 14 and 15 ruining their lives by tweaking. Not too many teens that I know of that smoke crack.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Meth is not "a white person's crack."
Meth is Meth
and Crack is Crack
both are deadly; one more so than the other.
Meth is serious business

I think you are missing my point. I'm not denying that it's bad. I'm questioning why is it touted as this new "epidemic that is rotting America's core" (taken from program), but crack is put on the back burner...like it's gone away. That's why I'm asking people with experience to weigh in because I'm trying not to use the black/white thing.

Originally Posted by s dubl

dont know where you're from but Meth is worse than heroin IMO...heroin isnt easy to come by in a lot of places....Meth can be had almost anywhere and is cheaper. Highly addictive, and can/will ruin your life.
Im talking about back in the day in the 60s/70s about heroin. And crack in the 80s/90s. Meth really isnt THAT popular. I know its very strong drug but it just doesnt have the elusiveness as the other drugs.

As far as damage goes, meth is more neurotoxic(brain); crack is more cardiotoxic (heart).

I would say the biggest factor would be location and access.
Cocaine STAYS being transported into the states, and although you have a few busts here and there, the presence of cocaine in the U.S. is inevitable.
Now because coke is readily available, it can be easily made into freebase (crack) by individual small-time dealers. So between cheap cost and EXTREMELY
easy access in just about anywhere in the states, its not that surprising that crack is so popular.

Meth is a bit newer; because it is completely manmade and not derived from a plant (not saying making coke from coca plants is simple but its definitely simpler than manufacturing meth) it is more difficult to acquire, and to a certain extent transport meth. Meth (crystal) can be smoked/snorted without having to make a freebase.

The thing with meth is that it does WAY more damage than crack. Crack is horrible as it is you can have heart attacks, obviously die; but meth is extremely toxic--I'm almost 100% sure that its the most dangerous drug ever.

Also, meth more long lasting, euphoric and cheaper than crack. If you give a crack head some meth he would leave crack for crystal.. Its a better "deal" overall.

So with meth being cheaper, more euphoric, more addictive, and more toxic I can kinda see why its targeted more.
But between the DEA's and Local Police Precinct agenda's, I'm sure there are other reasons why.

Might be because Meth is easy to make?

But then again I hear people know how to make crack so not sure. I think the next 'problem' is going to be pill abuse.

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

As far as damage goes, meth is more neurotoxic(brain); crack is more cardiotoxic (heart).

Cocaine STAYS being transported into the states, and although you have a few busts here and there, the presence of cocaine in the U.S. is inevitable.
Now because coke is readily available, it can be easily made into freebase (crack) by individual small-time dealers. So between cheap cost and EXTREMELY
easy access in just about anywhere in the states, its not that surprising that crack is so popular.

Meth is a bit newer; because it is completely manmade and not derived from a plant (not saying making coke from coca plants is simple but its definitely simpler than manufacturing meth) it is more difficult to acquire, and to a certain extent transport meth. Meth (crystal) can be smoked/snorted without having to make a freebase.

The thing with meth is that it does WAY more damage than crack. Crack is horrible as it is you can have heart attacks, obviously die; but meth is extremely toxic--I'm almost 100% sure that its the most dangerous drug ever.

Also, meth more long lasting, euphoric and cheaper than crack. If you give a crack head some meth he would leave crack for crystal.. Its a better "deal" overall.

So with meth being cheaper, more euphoric, more addictive, and more toxic I can kinda see why its targeted more.
But between the DEA's and Local Police Precinct agenda's, I'm sure there are other reasons why.

pretty much summed it up.

?

the people that I see associated with meth and meth labs are low income white trash types

You have it all wrong, dude. Meth is way easier to acquire in a lot of places than crack. You have dudes with like an IQ of like 40 able to cook meth in their trailer homes and apartments, using things you can buy at Home Depot. Part of the reason that it's so cheap is that there aren't that many middlemen involved. It pretty much goes Manufacturer -> dealer -> user. Coke/ crack usually goes through a lot of hands before it gets to the user.

Originally Posted by the north west

?

the people that I see associated with meth and meth labs are low income white trash types
not to bring race into this but.....I knew plenty of blacks/hispanics invloved with meth as well.

I knew people that were well off money wise that were deep into meth also.

?

There is definitely lots of Meth use concentrated in the midwest Montana etc. but its laughable to say that its a "suburb" drug.
I'm in NYC right now and I have 3+ sources that can get me meth in a few hours.
I don't cop cause the damage/I don't want to test my will power.
Props to sdubl for kicking it.

^I'm curious how you would get involved in it though??? Before I would even think about doing it I would be embarrased like "am I really about to do Meth". Not hate, but damn son...where did you get lost?

?

There is definitely lots of Meth use concentrated in the midwest Montana etc. but its laughable to say that its a "suburb" drug.
suburb - a residential district located on the outskirts of a city.

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

^I'm curious how you would get involved in it though??? Before I would even think about doing it I would be embarrased like "am I really about to do Meth". Not hate, but damn son...where did you get lost?
Word

even with some buddha I question my self

?

suburb - a residential district located on the outskirts of a city.
I always associated suburbs with upperclass predominantly white neighborhoods

Back
Top Bottom