METHOD MAN, GHOSTFACE and RAEKWON GROUP ALBUM IN THE WORKS... (It is official)

Imo, an album from these 3 would have been major 10 years ago. But it's still a crazy concept with them being the 3 most popular/versatile members.

Imagine if the whole album was nothing but RZA, Premo, Pete Rock, Kanye and Just Blaze beats?
eek.gif

*edit 8/12/09*

Sounds like it's official

MTV Shows

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Im callin it now................................FLOP

By flop do you mean record sales? If so, who gives a !!%%? In the end it's the music that matters, and you can rarely go wrong with the Wu.

laugh.gif
@ lose Meth. Might as well call it IronMan 2 then.

Dude right this would've been something 10 years ago.

I'll still check for it tho. If done right it can be great. Meth still killing features, Ghost still makes good to great music. I'll hold judgement outon Rae till OB4CL2 comes out.

Wu shoulda been doing these small group albums. If they only had a little bit more work ethic they could've still had the game shutdown with theirdominance

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Im callin it now................................FLOP
The fact that people are even commenting on this 10+ years after Wu's peak speaks to the music's significance & not the hype.

It's probably more a project for themselves and devoted fans rather than trying to make a dent in popular music. I mean, it's not like there was highdemand for Blackout 2, yet everyone I know who heard that album was very pleasantly surprised. I think if they do it and release it with not even minorfanfare, it could be fine.

The thing is though, this sounds great on paper. But the actual album would probably be a few bangers mixed in with mostly mediocre production and some wackradio-oriented cuts.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the Wu and/or any of the members just don't sit down and do an album with True Master, Mathematics andBronze Nazareth on the boards. And yes, no RZA please. I give the guy all the props in the world for his catalog as a whole, but lately the guy just isn'tdelivering when it matters most.

The Wu should just do one more group album with that sound we all know and love and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom