Method Man says Jay-Z is GOAT...Calls Ghost a niche rapper not GOAT material

Originally Posted by M16

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Originally Posted by Dapper D

You know one has to wonder if thats just jealousy talking...
When the Wu started Meth was the star of the show...then he took that fall...
It must hurt his pride that ghost is now the star (both critically and fan base wise)...

Yep
false, method man always thought that singling him out as the star was corny and he would play that down every chance he got.

Yo EZ you got a link to that Budden interview?

Find more videos like this on hiphopbeef.com
Just skip to the 23minute mark….for the crux of Joe's realization, or at least his statement that he may have spoken about Meth in bad taste(while he is adamant that he feels he was being truthful). Budden says that he and Meth are not "peers," but that he only spoke on Meth because hisreal peers are trash, lol.

Predictably, there are a bunch of anti-Joe Budden songs from Wu affiliates now, spotted atNahright.

Previously: Debate of the Day: Joe Budden vs. MethodMan

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

You know one has to wonder if thats just jealousy talking...
When the Wu started Meth was the star of the show...then he took that fall...
It must hurt his pride that ghost is now the star (both critically and fan base wise)...

Yep
false, method man always thought that singling him out as the star was corny and he would play that down every chance he got.

N' !%*% what he says...
That is just plain human nature...
U come in the game wit someone and in the beginning you are the headliner of the show...
As years go by...so do your fans...
Then u hear things about how your washed up...can't make good albums...not really lyrical etc...
Then the person u came in wit...is suddenly looked on as the head N'...and the best one in the group...
I think dude is salty...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

So what is that now:

KRS-One says Jay-Z's the GOAT.
Method Man says Jay-Z's the Goat.
Add Chuck D from PE and also Common both of who also stated Jay is the GOAT

Does that add some type of validity to the statement??... KRS Ones statements stopped mattering in the late 90s... No one cared what Method Man thought (aboutANYthing) until 2 weeks ago...

Who cares what Common thinks?? He prolly thought his last 2 albums were dope so his judgement is impaired...

all they want is a free feature or to somehow make some money off jay ... dont nobody really believe dude is the goat ...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Does that add some type of validity to the statement??... KRS Ones statements stopped mattering in the late 90s... No one cared what Method Man thought (about ANYthing) until 2 weeks ago...

Who cares what Common thinks?? He prolly thought his last 2 albums were dope so his judgement is impaired...

There all hip hop legends...
Who know how to rap...
Who put out classic albums...
Had classic verses...
and was there firsthand to see this hip hop #$$@ take off...
All their statements VERY MUCH DO MATTER...
Their opinions matter more than anyone on this forum...

Does that add some type of validity to the statement??... KRS Ones statements stopped mattering in the late 90s... No one cared what Method Man thought (about ANYthing) until 2 weeks ago...

Who know how to rap...
Had classic verses...

Nah, not at all. You'd be surprised how little most rappers actually know about rap. Read or listen to some of these dudes interviews and they soundcompletely brain-dead giving out the most generic answers a typical bum on the street would give out. Just because you rap well yourself and are in theindustry doesn't mean you aren't ignorant about certain aspects/the history of it. Most of the time i'll take a knowledgeable fans opinions muchmore seriously than something some rapper says; go look at 95% of top 5 lists for a start. I guess they don't have the time to do their homework or justget a very narrow perspective of it as opposed to someone who is outside and see the whole picture. Only thing most rappers opinions are good for are insightinto their own personal experiences... I mean seriously, most rappers can't even accurately tell you what their OWN best album was. I don't care ifevery MC to ever touch a mic had a round table conference at UN headquarters and unanimously voted Jay-Z as the GOAT.... he isn't. Period.

Matter fact, ++$# Jay-Z ; RA The Rugged Man is the GOAT. If you have a problem with that go ask Biggie himself. (Just an example at how even good rappers sayretarded statements)

Erroneous. Just cuz they're the famous MC doesn't mean their opinion means more or has some other worldly value in comparison despite if the massesfavored theirs over mine.

I was basically about to say what Nay said, what does another person's opinion about an objective topic mean to me? Everybody has an opinion. You mean totell me because some of a certain status have the same opinion theirs matters more than anyone else's informed on the topic?

So hypothetically speaking if Gandhi said Obama is a good president and then Hitler said Obama was a good president what's the outcome of that?
laugh.gif

On another note I to be feeling some of these dudes just not telling the truth when it gets down to it. I will say Ol Man Jigga does have the most desirablehip hop career up to now but GOAT he is not. Keep in mind ppl consider other shhh in being the GOAT.

I swear since camel face said he was the best everybody jumped on the bandwagon. Nobody was calling him GOAT, KofNY , etc. until he said he was
smh.gif
laugh.gif
It's like separating yourself from the herd by proclaiming yourself the best hunter, now all of the sheep look to you. Same shh happened withWayne can't wait to see what next rapper tries these lame tacitics to elevate their careers.

I do not care how much of a "legend" one is, at the end of the day it's still a matter of opinion. There are some "legends" who thinkChristopher Wallace is the "g.o.a.t" while some think it's Tupac Shakur or others believe it's William Griffin........ These ________ is theg.o.a.t threads should be called my favorite MC/Rapper is_________

Scarface's solo career mops the floor with the Roc's entire discography. Just one of many...

Real talk.. if Jay in your top 10 NYC rappers.... go school yourself.

Originally Posted by M16

Who know how to rap...
Had classic verses...

Nah, not at all. You'd be surprised how little most rappers actually know about rap. Read or listen to some of these dudes interviews and they sound completely brain-dead giving out the most generic answers a typical bum on the street would give out. Just because you rap well yourself and are in the industry doesn't mean you aren't ignorant about certain aspects/the history of it. Most of the time i'll take a knowledgeable fans opinions much more seriously than something some rapper says; go look at 95% of top 5 lists for a start. I guess they don't have the time to do their homework or just get a very narrow perspective of it as opposed to someone who is outside and see the whole picture. Only thing most rappers opinions are good for are insight into their own personal experiences... I mean seriously, most rappers can't even accurately tell you what their OWN best album was. I don't care if every MC to ever touch a mic had a round table conference at UN headquarters and unanimously voted Jay-Z as the GOAT.... he isn't. Period.

Matter fact, ++$# Jay-Z ; RA The Rugged Man is the GOAT. If you have a problem with that go ask Biggie himself. (Just an example at how even good rappers say ******ed statements)
Ok for a sec. it went over my head...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

From Reasonable Doubt to American Gangster...Jay-Z's solo career has been greater than any MC not named Nas.
I got you my g
pimp.gif

Ignorant kid blocked me for quoting Biggie. Typical NT nonsense.

props to Meth for bein as objective, settin aside personal bias.

first, Ghost's his mans.

second, he made it public before his dislike of Jay cuz of how dude handled his project at Def Jam. ( got the support, but no push for 4:21 )

but yeah, interview is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom