eek.gif
cottttttttttttttttttt daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
laugh.gif
that whole segment was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Does that add some type of validity to the statement??... KRS Ones statements stopped mattering in the late 90s... No one cared what Method Man thought (about ANYthing) until 2 weeks ago...

Who cares what Common thinks?? He prolly thought his last 2 albums were dope so his judgement is impaired...

There all hip hop legends...
Who know how to rap...
Who put out classic albums...
Had classic verses...
and was there firsthand to see this hip hop #$$@ take off...
All their statements VERY MUCH DO MATTER...
Their opinions matter more than anyone on this forum...

Nah, not at all. You'd be surprised how little most rappers actually know about rap. Read or listen to some of these dudes interviews and they sound completely brain-dead giving out the most generic answers a typical bum on the street would give out. Just because you rap well yourself and are in the industry doesn't mean you aren't ignorant about certain aspects/the history of it. Most of the time i'll take a knowledgeable fans opinions much more seriously than something some rapper says; go look at 95% of top 5 lists for a start. I guess they don't have the time to do their homework or just get a very narrow perspective of it as opposed to someone who is outside and see the whole picture. Only thing most rappers opinions are good for are insight into their own personal experiences... I mean seriously, most rappers can't even accurately tell you what their OWN best album was. I don't care if every MC to ever touch a mic had a round table conference at UN headquarters and unanimously voted Jay-Z as the GOAT.... he isn't. Period.

Matter fact, ++$# Jay-Z ; RA The Rugged Man is the GOAT. If you have a problem with that go ask Biggie himself. (Just an example at how even good rappers say ******ed statements)

You can't be a great rapper without being a fan first...So these people know THEIR HIP HOP...
hip hop was not only something they listened to...it was their life...they woke up in the morning thinking about the #%+@...
Not only that but all (wit the exception of Chuck D) were in direct competition wit the N...Hell they probably been around cyphers wit dudes that no one evenknows about...
and its not like they are saying something outlandish like Fat Joe is the GOAT...Jay earned his spot to be considered wit the GOATs (Even though i don'tconsider him the goat...but aint
mad at someone who does)...
I think the reason why rappers have generic top 5 list is because the #%+@ is political a lot of the times...but I don't think for one second that theydon't know their #%+@

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

From Reasonable Doubt to American Gangster...Jay-Z's solo career has been greater than any MC not named Nas.

laugh.gif
well for starters scarface could split his disco up in two and murderjays with either half ...

Originally Posted by M16

Does that add some type of validity to the statement??... KRS Ones statements stopped mattering in the late 90s... No one cared what Method Man thought (about ANYthing) until 2 weeks ago...

Who cares what Common thinks?? He prolly thought his last 2 albums were dope so his judgement is impaired...

There all hip hop legends...
Who know how to rap...
Who put out classic albums...
Had classic verses...
and was there firsthand to see this hip hop #$$@ take off...
All their statements VERY MUCH DO MATTER...
Their opinions matter more than anyone on this forum...

Nah, not at all. You'd be surprised how little most rappers actually know about rap. Read or listen to some of these dudes interviews and they sound completely brain-dead giving out the most generic answers a typical bum on the street would give out. Just because you rap well yourself and are in the industry doesn't mean you aren't ignorant about certain aspects/the history of it. Most of the time i'll take a knowledgeable fans opinions much more seriously than something some rapper says; go look at 95% of top 5 lists for a start. I guess they don't have the time to do their homework or just get a very narrow perspective of it as opposed to someone who is outside and see the whole picture. Only thing most rappers opinions are good for are insight into their own personal experiences... I mean seriously, most rappers can't even accurately tell you what their OWN best album was. I don't care if every MC to ever touch a mic had a round table conference at UN headquarters and unanimously voted Jay-Z as the GOAT.... he isn't. Period.

Matter fact, ++$# Jay-Z ; RA The Rugged Man is the GOAT. If you have a problem with that go ask Biggie himself. (Just an example at how even good rappers say ******ed statements)

You can't be a great rapper without being a fan first...So these people know THEIR HIP HOP...
hip hop was not only something they listened to...it was their life...they woke up in the morning thinking about the #%+@...
Not only that but all (wit the exception of Chuck D) were in direct competition wit the N...Hell they probably been around cyphers wit dudes that no one even knows about...
and its not like they are saying something outlandish like Fat Joe is the GOAT...Jay earned his spot to be considered wit the GOATs (Even though i don't consider him the goat...but aint
mad at someone who does)...
I think the reason why rappers have generic top 5 list is because the #%+@ is political a lot of the times...but I don't think for one second that they don't know their #%+@

Well, yeah, obviously you gonna know those around you but I doubt you get the whole picture and are up on every scene when you are busy making your own !+%*.You probably just check whats hot in your area. That's how 90% of rappers come across anyway, politics or not. If anything Jay is just another generic namethrown in there because you just can't ignore him; not because he actually earned his way to anything. Since when is having 1 classic out of a discographyof his size filled with 85% shallow pop type brag raps make you "GOAT" ?
roll.gif
Sean Carter the best hip hop has to offer ?
indifferent.gif

I do agree with calling ghost a niche rapper; that's spot-on... as much as I'm a fan of dude.

Wait a minute... So the greater the rapper, the more important the opinion??... Whatever happened to a MANs opinion being just that... A MANs opinioin... Nowtheirs a tier system for opinions...
smh.gif
smh.gif

To be the GREATEST you have to embody the voice of the people... IMO that makes it impossible for Jay Z to be the greatest... He's an amazing MC nodoubt.... But he will NEVER be the voice of THE PEOPLE... If there's no beat playing what Jay Z is saying means NOTHING to me...

As much political rhetoric as Nas spits...you still can't label him "the voice of the people" though.

Thats more about charisma than anything else and if thats the qualifier for the GOAT MC...then it should be Pac hands down (which it isn't)

Reasonable Doubt
Volume 1
Volume 2
The Dynasty
The Blueprint
Blueprint 2
The Black Album
American Gangster

Albums worth of classic unreleased material.
Classic cameos.

There are only 2-3 other MCs that can even compare to his career if you really wanna be unbiased.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

all they want is a free feature or to somehow make some money off jay ... dont nobody really believe dude is the goat ...
You just wanted him to say Em was the GOAT
laugh.gif
its just opinion man.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

all they want is a free feature or to somehow make some money off jay ... dont nobody really believe dude is the goat ...
You just wanted him to say Em was the GOAT
laugh.gif
its just opinion man.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Scarface's solo career mops the floor with the Roc's entire discography. Just one of many...

Real talk.. if Jay in your top 10 NYC rappers.... go school yourself.

Reasonable Doubt
Volume 1
Volume 2
The Dynasty
The Blueprint
Blueprint 2
The Black Album
American Gangster

Classic cameos.

There are only 2-3 other MCs that can even compare to his career if you really wanna be unbiased.

Ironman
Supreme Clientele
Bulletproof Wallets
Fischscale
More Fish
Pretty Toney
Big Doe Rehab

Plus his work on Enter the 36 Chambers, Wu Tang Forever and Cuban Linx.

Plus anytime he's been featured.

It's a wrap, take a back seat Jay.

indifferent.gif
to you Meth, you jealous of Ghost because you only have onegreat solo album. Even Red agreed.

Meth doesn't have any great albums . Looking back now , Tical is a solid album , but it was a major disappointment when it 1st dropped .

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Reasonable Doubt<>
Volume 1
Volume 2
The Dynasty
The Blueprint
Blueprint 2
The Black Album
American Gangster

Classic cameos.

There are only 2-3 70-80 other MCs that can even compare to his career if you really wanna be unbiased.

Alot of dudes heating in here with what Meth said about Jay I see. Whether you personally feel like Jay is the GOAT or not is irrelevant, but if you can'tsee how or why people feel like Jay can be considered the GOAT then your simply a clown.

He didn't even say GOAT; he said "one of the..."

What rapper hasn't said that about Jay-Z in public interviews ? I'm sure even Vinnie Paz has said that when asked.

Wait a minute... So the greater the rapper, the more important the opinion??... Whatever happened to a MANs opinion being just that... A MANs opinioin... Now theirs a tier system for opinions...
smh.gif
smh.gif

To be the GREATEST you have to embody the voice of the people... IMO that makes it impossible for Jay Z to be the greatest... He's an amazing MC no doubt.... But he will NEVER be the voice of THE PEOPLE... If there's no beat playing what Jay Z is saying means NOTHING to me...

I'm not saying the greater the rapper the more important their opinion...
I was just answering your claim that their views don't really matter...when they do...

On this subject... I don't think it matters THAT much, while respect amongst peers isn't a bad thing... Rappers do it for the fans and suppoerters ofhip hop... They aint tryin to impress otha Ns, they tryin to impress the everyday consumer... If ANYthing the Greatest MC should be a title that the people puton someone... Not other rappers...

Especially not Method Man... Who gives a **$@ about him or his opinion for the last what... 10 years now... He's washed up. This is like Tim Hardawaycoming out and sayin _______ is the greatest...

Arguing on whose the GOAT is pointless cause no one can agree, but we continue to argue becuase there is nothin better to do. All we should say is there arelegendary emcees (Nas, Hov, Pac & Big), Great emcess (Ghost, Common etc..) and then total crap emcess etc...

LilStarZ07 wrote:
abeautifulhaze wrote:
From Reasonable Doubt to American Gangster...Jay-Z's solo career has been greater than any MC not named Nas.

laugh.gif
well for starters scarface could split his disco up in two and murder jays with either half ...

QFT! Even though I feel Jay is an all around better rapper than Face. I think Face's catalog is better.

Back
Top Bottom