Methods on How To Potty Train A Dog?

sorry, dont wanna change topic ...but how do u stop a dog/puppy from biting ur furniture? right now he at that stage he need to bite stuff
mad.gif
..two of my sofa are messed up
mad.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

sorry, dont wanna change topic ...but how do u stop a dog/puppy from biting ur furniture? right now he at that stage he need to bite stuff
mad.gif
mad.gif

give him enough toys and such to chew on. When he starts chewing on something he shouldn't, give him something else that is appropriate. Dogs chewbecause they are teething, or are bored and frustrated. Give him an outlet - exercise him more, play games with him. Basically keep him occupied and tire himout. You can also try bitter apple spray as a deterrent. Don't leave your puppy unsupervised either.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by i3allistic

mad.gif
mad.gif

give him enough toys and such to chew on. When he starts chewing on something he shouldn't, give him something else that is appropriate. Dogs chew because they are teething, or are bored and frustrated. Give him an outlet - exercise him more, play games with him. Basically keep him occupied and tire him out. You can also try bitter apple spray as a deterrent. Don't leave your puppy unsupervised either.

arite, thanks ...will try the bitter spray ...we walk him alot everyday...and he has plently of toys ...i guess he need more attention since he still like apuppy ..but it just hard since we all work ...i take him to dog parks sometimes on the weekend and let him run around with the dog for an hour ...when wereturn he would KO on the floor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I always put their nose in it, give em a little spank, and then put them outside for a while. And like others said that em outside every so often.
That is NOT the way to do things....the dog is only peeing indoors because you didn't train it correctly or see it's pee signs...someone should rub your nose in it, beat you and put you outside
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by Essential1

rub their nose in it.. don't be cruel about it show them what they did and show them where they need to go.

Puppies DO NOT make this association. It's mean. You can yell NO or whatever if you catch them in the act of elimination but even if you catch them right after it happens they won't get it. They're like infants.
I was holding one of my friends puppy for a few days until he was relocated. The puppy was a beautiful all black half lab/pit and i basicallypotty trained her in 3 days with the put nose in pee and smack her on her behind method. I hated seeing her upset but the girl was pissin non stop
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Nonetheless after 3 days she would walk herself to the balcony whenever she had to go

I realized that having a pet is a huge responsibility, especially for a student, but everytime i run into a dog post on NT, i want a puppy even more

DAMN I LOVE DOGS!!!

That's what I'm saying. I've used this method on all my dogs when they were pups. Worked in less than a week for EVERYONE of them. And I didn'tsay I smeared their nose in the feces and then beat them with a stick. If you all have other methods that work for you...great. But, this one is tried and trueto me.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I always put their nose in it, give em a little spank, and then put them outside for a while. And like others said that em outside every so often.
That is NOT the way to do things....the dog is only peeing indoors because you didn't train it correctly or see it's pee signs...someone should rub your nose in it, beat you and put you outside
roll.gif

Crate training is what needs to occur. I crate trained my dog for a few months (longer because she would tear %%## up)...but placing your dog on a set schedule will develop a good habit. I don't believe in Puppy pads as they teach the dog that it is ok to piss and %%## in the house. Get your pup a crate and place him/her in the crate during the day and in the night, even while you are there she needs to be in the crate. The crate must not be used as punishment tho, make it love the crate and feel as tho it's a safe haven....put a bed in there and a few toys....

here's my pup a few years back, I had an adjustable crate that would fit to her size...
n11005638_32399451_1683.jpg

got that same crate.

my old co workers dog used kitty litter. he had to train it because he wasn't allowed to have dogs in his apt.

Back
Top Bottom