Metro PCS, anyone on this?

Yeah, but when you use Blackberries and smartphones, isnt it watered down? They dont let you use SMS/MMS or internet with a Verizon phone, right?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Yeah, but when you use Blackberries and smartphones, isnt it watered down? They dont let you use SMS/MMS or internet with a Verizon phone, right?
wrong.

metro pcs got a blackberry in certain markets..unlimited internet and da works for 50 a month.

Its garbage.
I sold it for my boy who owned a multi carrier store and about a 10% return rate.
The service is horrible in apartments, some houses, and anywhere that is not covered it turns into prepay @ 19 cents a minute. Unless you stay in the big city all the time is not good.
You can sell the crap out of them with the price point but its not worth it with all the complaints and returns that come back.

Buggie Fresh wrote:

Cop a verizon blackberry & then have it unlocked. Then use it for metro pcs if you want since Verizon and Metro pcs don't use sim cards. I know this cause I had my boy do this and it worked.
It works on Metro, but FYI my verizon blackberry storm has a SIM card brotha, as well as my gf's Tour.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Buggie Fresh wrote:

Cop a verizon blackberry & then have it unlocked. Then use it for metro pcs if you want since Verizon and Metro pcs don't use sim cards. I know this cause I had my boy do this and it worked.
It works on Metro, but FYI my verizon blackberry storm has a SIM card brotha, as well as my gf's Tour.

that's for world mode though.

not for use in the US

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Buggie Fresh wrote:

that's for world mode though.

not for use in the US

I believed a AT&T sim card in a Sprint Touch Pro 2 worked before

Originally Posted by ninjahood

wrong.

metro pcs got a blackberry in certain markets..unlimited internet and da works for 50 a month.

Bet. I just been misinformed then. Good look Ninja

Metro pcs doesn't flash phones for the NY market
mad.gif

if you're always around a major city then its fine. I go hunting/fishing out in the cuts, I can't bring a phone that might or might not get signal just in case I get stuck.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I own a MetroPCS franchise and I can tell you first hand about this service. First thing, it is probably the smartest decision to make if you're looking to Switch phone carriers and save money. No contract, no credit checks and no crazy surprise charges. It started in Florida and Texas and than made it's way to Cali.

As much as people clown this phone company, my reps and district ARs are former sprint employees. This is a very big and successful company make big changes this year. They're going 4G Internet speeds this summer and coming with a nice line up of phones. Yea sometimes the reception is bad but it's getting better. You can use a Sprint or Verizon blackberry on Metro but it has to be flashed and unlocked first. It's not beneficial if it doesn't have wifi though.

One of my uncles has been with metro for about 3-4 years and the service never fails.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

wrong.

$50??
eek.gif
thats a nice deal with unlimited everything else.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

My friend has a metro and he gets text messages WAYYYY later then the time sent, messes @@@% up sometimes smh
Yep, I have it and sometimes I receive text messages hours later. I live in So Cal BTW.

I went to Vegas, no service.
I went to Big Bear, no service. Other friends with AT&T and Verizon had service.
Go inside some clubs or bars in my own town, no service.

I mean if you have to, it's not going to ruin your social life, but there are moments like on the weekend where it could mess your night up. Say if a girl text messages you somethin and you don't get it til later.. it just would blow.

As far as calling and receiving calls, the reception is fine.

The no service in certain areas is a huge negative as well as getting text messages hours later [which doesn't happen regularly, but happens enough to where I get upset].

Back
Top Bottom