Metro PCS, anyone on this?

Anyone on this carrier? If so, how is it? What kind of phone do you have? How's the reception? etc. Might be switching tomorrow.

Yeah I have it, I recommend getting one of the Samsung phones. Despite what everyone says, the service is good, the reception is just like any other phone service, and a select number of phones are good. Just make sure you do your research on the phone you're buying through Cnet.com or other cell phone review sites.

i know in Cleveland its called Revol, never had it but i always hear people complain about the service.
Here in ATL people have metro but it usually referred to negatively.

Cop a verizon blackberry & then have it unlocked. Then use it for metro pcs if you want since Verizon and Metro pcs don't use sim cards. I know this cause I had my boy do this and it worked.

Originally Posted by Buggie Fresh

Cop a verizon blackberry & then have it unlocked. Then use it for metro pcs if you want since Verizon and Metro pcs don't use sim cards. I know this cause I had my boy do this and it worked.
with any blackberry?

Good, the only drawback is when you got to a small town or travel, you have to double check to see if you have coverage over there. Unfortunately, MetroPCS isn't completely nationwide yet.

On the sidenote, the Samsung Code might be the best phone on MetroPCS, I think it has some kind of Windows OS (6.5 version I think). I tested it out and it ran smoothly.

i remember when Metro piece of %@!# first came out in the bay a long time ago.. Everybody hopped on it.. they all complained about barely any reception. They've come a long way though.

One thing thats funny is I know when somebody that texts me has Metro because I get triple texts of the same message back to back.
laugh.gif

I have it right now, i got hooked up on the samsung code.

I forgot who it was, but someone told me they have/workin on 3g and 4g.

also if you are worried about the reception, I have NEVER had a dropped or bad quality call.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

i remember when Metro piece of %@!# first came out in the bay a long time ago.. Everybody hopped on it.. they all complained about barely any reception. They've come a long way though.

One thing thats funny is I know when somebody that texts me has Metro because I get triple texts of the same message back to back.
laugh.gif

Metro started up north right?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

laugh.gif

Metro started up north right?
I think we started the same time as Atlanta.

I own a MetroPCS franchise and I can tell you first hand about this service. First thing, it is probably the smartest decision to make if you're looking to Switch phone carriers and save money. No contract, no credit checks and no crazy surprise charges. It started in Florida and Texas and than made it's way to Cali.

As much as people clown this phone company, my reps and district ARs are former sprint employees. This is a very big and successful company make big changes this year. They're going 4G Internet speeds this summer and coming with a nice line up of phones. Yea sometimes the reception is bad but it's getting better. You can use a Sprint or Verizon blackberry on Metro but it has to be flashed and unlocked first. It's not beneficial if it doesn't have wifi though.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I own a MetroPCS franchise and I can tell you first hand about this service. First thing, it is probably the smartest decision to make if you're looking to Switch phone carriers and save money. No contract, no credit checks and no crazy surprise charges. It started in Florida and Texas and than made it's way to Cali.

As much as people clown this phone company, my reps and district ARs are former sprint employees. This is a very big and successful company make big changes this year. They're going 4G Internet speeds this summer and coming with a nice line up of phones. Yea sometimes the reception is bad but it's getting better. You can use a Sprint or Verizon blackberry on Metro but it has to be flashed and unlocked first. It's not beneficial if it doesn't have wifi though.
htc touch phones work? how would i go about flashing/unlocking
nerd.gif

How much are you dudes paying for the BB service?

And can you use a flashed BB and still have BB service AKA e-mail and BBM?

My friend has a metro and he gets text messages WAYYYY later then the time sent, messes @@@% up sometimes smh

HTC touch does work. I just unlocked one 2 weeks ago. Just take it to a metro store around you MMN.

Back
Top Bottom