MGK signed to Bad Boy

Official Press Release:
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — MGK, the risingrapid-fire rapper from Cleveland who became the first MC in history towin the famed Amateur Night competition at the Apollo, has been signedto Bad Boy/Interscope Records.  Information about his forthcoming debutalbum, Lace Up,will be announced in the near future.  MGK has continuously impressedwith his exciting and exhilarating live performances at SXSW andBamboozled, as well as on the Warped and Lil Wayne tours, just to namea few.  Far more than a rapper, he is quickly becoming the voice of anew generation as he attracts new fans with each show.

“The moment we started the EST 19XX movement during the recording of the Lace Upmixtape, I made a pledge to my fans to protect our brand and become thehonest voice of our generation,

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Let me be the first one.

He'll never drop an album.

30t6p3b.gif
its a shame how true this is

being from cleveland watching him blow is
pimp.gif

watching this possible horrible move w diddy is
30t6p3b.gif

Hot Karl was signed to Interscope back in the 90's and had one the greatest recording contracts ever.
Machine Gun Kelly allegedly had a similar deal at Interscope.

Talk about a 180.

Man as a fellow white guy... I would way rather see a guy like this blow than a fake %*! Mac Miller.

Originally Posted by D723

Man as a fellow white guy... I would way rather see a guy like this blow than a fake %*! Mac Miller.
after seeing that last video of Mac rapping as a kid and the nardwuar interview
he gained my respect (still not checking for his music).

but he's been a hiphop fan since young, wouldn't call him fake.

Originally Posted by D723

Care to elaborate how he's fake, exactly? I'm not that big of a fan, but I can tell from his interviews that he knows his hip hop...and it's not like he's rapping about stuff he doesn't know

Is he really that good? I've only heard him on that track with Juicy and I saw a little bit of his set at SXSW this year. But it wasn't anything too grand, he was basically just doing backflips and shadowboxing.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Is he really that good? I've only heard him on that track with Juicy and I saw a little bit of his set at SXSW this year. But it wasn't anything too grand, he was basically just doing backflips and shadowboxing.

Picture Yelawolf with a slightly deeper voice. He;s not wack or anything, but I don't see myself checkin for much of his stuff. Yelawolf is a lot more appealing
on Shady Records than MGK on Bad Boy. but don't worry, cause he'll never release an album anyway. What's gonna happen is MGK will have 2 really
good songs, and somehow Diddy will manage to be "featured" on those songs, and those songs will happen to appear on a "Diddy Presents..." compilation.

Good for him. Hopefully him and Dylan can make something magical happen.

Never liked dudes music though.

Back
Top Bottom