MGMT Appreciation - Congratulations - Spring of 2010 - 2010 Is Going To Be A Great Year

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Oracular Spectacular is the perfect example of an unbalanced album. The first half of the album was very, very good. The second half was boring and disjointed. Truth be told, the many electro remixes for their songs (Justice's remix of Electric Feel as an example) were much better than the original songs.

Still looking forward to this though.

yup. some songs on that album were straight TRASH and a lot of people ignore that by trying to be cool and liking MGMT...don't get me wrong i love them buti can't listen to that album all the way through...

grin.gif
 i thought i should share this:
While recording its sophomore album, Congratulations, MGMT had someinteresting inspirations -- in the form of pop star Lady Gaga and hiphop artist Kanye West. In a recent interview with Spin.com, singerAndrew Vanwyngarden said, "On some of the new songs, I found myselfthinking about Lady Gaga or Kanye West, and what their ultimate goalis. This sounds cheesy, but for us it's really just about the music andgetting people to hear what we have to say. I'm sure it's about themusic for those people, too . . . but fame . . . it's an interestingcareer."
The duo has an instrumental track on the new set called "Lady Dada'sNightmare." But when asked if it's a tribute to Lady Gaga, Vanwyngardensaid, "No. It's just an instrumental track, but it's very nightmare-@##sounding! Actually, it's really kind of messed up sounding, and wethought it would be funny to call it 'Lady Dada's Nightmare.'"

MGMT expects to release Congratulations this spring.

http://www.kx96online.com/news/music/85/1058123

grin.gif

UPDATE:

MGMT will release their new album ‘Congratulations’ this April, the duo have announced.

MGMT have put a countdown timer on their official website, Whoismgmt.com, which is due to end on April 13. The site also contains a webcam image of a beach.

The tracklisting of ‘Congratulations’ is:

‘It’s Working’
‘Song for Dan Treacy’
‘Someone’s Missing’
‘Flash Delirium’
‘I Found a Whistle’
‘Siberian Breaks’
‘Brian Eno’
‘Lady Dada’s Nightmare’
‘Congratulations’

The band’s Ben Goldwasser said the band aren’t planning to release any singles from ‘Congratulations’, which has a surfing theme throughout.

http://www.urb.com/2010/0...ngratulations-tracklist/

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Oracular Spectacular is the perfect example of an unbalanced album. The first half of the album was very, very good. The second half was boring and disjointed. Truth be told, the many electro remixes for their songs (Justice's remix of Electric Feel as an example) were much better than the original songs.

yup. some songs on that album were straight TRASH and a lot of people ignore that by trying to be cool and liking MGMT...don't get me wrong i love them buti can't listen to that album all the way through...
I 100% agree with both of you.

But the album cover looks awesome
laugh.gif

Which songs didn't you like? Aside from "The Youth", I can listen start to finish.

They really need to go hard on this album, A LOT of expectations, seeing that their first album came out 07-08.

P.S. They also need to get their live act together very boring, but I have faith.

BRIAN ENO IS GOD!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Which songs didn't you like? Aside from "The YouthWeekend Wars", I can listen start to finish.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Which songs didn't you like? Aside from "The YouthWeekend Wars", I can listen start to finish.
The only songs after Kids that I sort of like are "Pieces of What" and "Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters."

the confirmed release date for the album is April 13th. the day before my birthday
pimp.gif

and I'm liking the new single
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im kiiiinda digging that song...but i am a sucker for anything with even a hint of doo wop/phil spector in it (re: that morning benders song)

I like the beginning a lot but the last minute or so gets a little weird for me. Just sounds like there is too much going on.

Edit: I take it back. After a second listen I like it a lot and love the way the song builds up to the ending.

Listening to Congratulations (thanks again) right now and I'm digging it. But songs are really solid and have me really hoping for a leak soon
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom