MGMT Appreciation - Congratulations - Spring of 2010 - 2010 Is Going To Be A Great Year

nerd.gif

Listened to it once and it has a few great songs. No catchy songs like Time to Pretend or Kids though, which I hate, but they said they weren't making any of them like that so I guess it's cool. Good album nonetheless through one listen.

One listen through, and I like this. Like JRS said, I'm a little disappointed that there's no "Kids" type songs on here, but the album is still
pimp.gif

Two listens through and I'm still digging it without songs like Kids. Definitely a solid record and lives up to the expectations of their previous album. Hopefully the next one doesn't take 3 years to release.

pimp.gif
I'm feelin it so far. I love the lo-fi feel of the whole album, makes it feel more mature than Oracular Spectacular.

i loved oracular spectatular.
Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters was by far my favorite track.

really looking forward to this new joint.

when i first got OS, i listened to it front to back, time after time, for a good 3 months.
best thing about it, it still has good replay value.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

i loved oracular spectatular.
Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters was by far my favorite track.

really looking forward to this new joint.

when i first got OS, i listened to it front to back, time after time, for a good 3 months.
best thing about it, it still has good replay value
Same here. They make timeless music in my opinion and their music grows on me more than any other band/artist that I listen to. Every time I think I hate one of their songs I end up loving it. It's strange.

When I first listened to it, not knowing that someone said it was "surf/rock" inspired, I thought it sounded very surfer/rockabilly-esque.
I enjoy surf music and used to listen to rockabilly/psychobilly heavy in middle school, so I liked this album. I loved "It's Working" and "Brian Eno" the most. I've only given it one spin though, so my favorites can always change, but for now, those are the ones I'd most likely have on repeat.

As for OS, the only songs I didn't truly like at first were "Pieces of What", "The Handshake" and "Weekend War", but after listening to them a couple of times, I've learned to like them. They still aren't my favorite, but they're more tolerable now.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

When I first listened to it, not knowing that someone said it was "surf/rock" inspired, I thought it sounded very surfer/rockabilly-esque.
I enjoy surf music and used to listen to rockabilly/psychobilly heavy in middle school, so I liked this album. I loved "It's Working" and "Brian Eno" the most. I've only given it one spin though, so my favorites can always change, but for now, those are the ones I'd most likely have on repeat.

As for OS, the only songs I didn't truly like at first were "Pieces of What", "The Handshake" and "Weekend War", but after listening to them a couple of times, I've learned to like them. They still aren't my favorite, but they're more tolerable now.
Back to the kitchen.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Back to the kitchen.
Shut your face before I shut it for you with a frying pan.

Yo TIME, get Oracular Spectacular...
pimp.gif

I'm trying to hold out until release date to cop, but it's killing me...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Yo TIME, get Oracular Spectacular...
pimp.gif

I'm trying to hold out until release date to cop, but it's killing me...
tired.gif
That's stupid. Listen to it now and then buy it. That's what I'm doing.

I love the sound of this album. It doesn't delineate too far from OS, but it still have fresh and innovative arrangements.

Standout tracks: Someone's MIssing, Flash Delerium, I Found a Whistle, Lady Dada's Nightmare, and Congratulation.

Will be picked up on RD.

after listening to this album nonstop last night and today, I have come to the conclusion that Congratulations > Oracular Spectacular

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

after listening to this album nonstop last night and today, I have come to the conclusion that Congratulations > Oracular Spectacular
I agree, solely on the fact that every song flows masterfully. With Oracular Spectacular you had a couple of songs that didn't seem to fit with the preceding song. 

Back
Top Bottom