MGMT - "KIDS" New Official Video

Ladies and Gentlemens -

*†ƒ√ MGMT is pleased to announce (finally), from an undisclosed tropical paradise, the bona fide release of the O-fficial video for the authoritative song known succinctly as: "Kids." This is the first song we ever wrote, on a cold day in February way back in 2003. Yes, "Kids" is an Aquarius, but shows many traits of an Aries. The idea for the video was born about a year ago, at a mock-Italian cafe on Ninth Avenue in bustling Manhattan. We are both animated and stoked to reveal at this time that we once again worked with director Ray Tintori, someone who's known this song since it's inception. "Kids" has proven to be some kind of monster with a life of its own, both an albatross and a plate of mac and cheese with fake bacon (Annie's), and the process of creating this video was nearly as convoluted and veiny as the general style of this here letter of introduction. As Jerry Garcia once rudely remarked about the eventual and unavoidable filling in (with sand) of the historic United States Grand Canyon, "What a long strange rip it's been." Without further ado, we give you:
"KIDS"

- MGMT

* Thanks to Thesaurus.com for words of alikeness and interchangeability.
† yes, we are aware that Mark Twain was a satirist
ƒ yes, that is Joanna Newsom
√ no children were harmed in the making of this video
View video here:
http://whoismgmt.com/kids/

I can't even watch it yet but I'm reading that it might be somewhat controversial, different, and cool.
My favorite song off the album tho

_

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

that headband go hard
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

not as eclectic as their other vids, but it goes great with the song. it's pretty dope.
pimp.gif

"enjoy yourself....take only what you need from it."

love that line...matter fact, that whole album.

Originally Posted by jomitm

I thought it was:
"CONTROL yourself... take only what you need from it
A family of trees falling... to be haunting"

as in, use the Earth's resources only to the necessary amount... sustainability... go green
on some Native American tip
Basically the opposite of what the human race has been doing...
I don't mean to get all eco-enthusiast since I'm far from one but that's how I interpret the song

_

MGMT Of Moons, Birds & Monsters Theres no topping this song. Do they have a vid for this?

The video was righteous. Also, i agree with you ZSong about mother earth. I loved the partin the song where they're describing birth of a baby.

Damn that was trippy. Poor kid
laugh.gif

The animation bit was nice. I particularly liked the random pig doing ballet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theUisinthebuildin

So is MGMT Hip Hop approved now? "Remember when everyone in the hood's favorite band was Coldplay?"
its on WSHH....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

that headband go hard
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

not as eclectic as their other vids, but it goes great with the song. it's pretty dope.
pimp.gif

love that line...matter fact, that whole album.

It's "control yourself."

Good song but not really feeling the video.

Back
Top Bottom