Miami Dolphins sign S Gibril Wilson

According to foxsports:

FOXSports.com has learned Gibril Wilson has agreed to contract terms with the Dolphins. Further details weren't immediately available.
Tuna continues to make us a better team. Thanks to senile Al for releasing one of your best players. I was disappointed with resigning Crowder,but this is definitely a good move.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9267562/Dolphins-reach-deal-with-free-agent-safety-Wilsonhttp://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9267562/Dolphins-reach-deal-with-free-agent-safety-Wilson

Thats a good signing
Finnns, where does Yeremiah Bell fit in ? is he a FA?

cuz Bell =
pimp.gif

He's the best unknown/underated player in the League.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Thats a good signing
Finnns, where does Yeremiah Bell fit in ? is he a FA?

cuz Bell =
pimp.gif

He's the best unknown/underated player in the League.
From what I'm reading around Phins boards, people seem to think we resign Bell before tomorrow. I don't know how I feel about that. Bellis 31, but I suppose he doesn't have the wear and tear of a 31 year old... I think having Bell and Wilson is a solid safety duo. Both are GREAT tacklers.As long as Yeremiah doesn't cost too much, I think we resign him.

Feeling good about '09 already
pimp.gif

Parcells just turned that team around big time. BUT not even the big tuna could save my lions
smh.gif

I'd have to assume YBell is gone now, because they're pretty much the same player. Wilson is most effective closer to the box as that eighth guy alaYeremiah.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

I'd have to assume YBell is gone now, because they're pretty much the same player. Wilson is most effective closer to the box as that eighth guy ala Yeremiah.
Thats what I was gettin at. they are both basically strong safetys.
How is that gonna work if Bell stays?

Dolphins agreed to terms with SS Gibril Wilson on a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal includes $8 million in guarantees.
not bad. man... parcells and jeff ireland are really moving fast. locking up vernon carey was huge too.

I'd have to assume YBell is gone now, because they're pretty much the same player. Wilson is most effective closer to the box as that eighth guy ala Yeremiah.

wilson can also play free safety as he did with the super bowl giants team

Originally Posted by miamib30514

wilson can also play free safety as he did with the super bowl giants team
Gibril was our SS with that team.

Ah I see... Well, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Bell. I would rather Wilson play SS... Maybe we draft a FS.

If Miami could pick up like a Rashad Johnson or Luis delmas in 2nd or 3rd round, it would be HUGE!

I think we need to draft a corner back before we draft safety.

but I like the move.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Didn't he play FS for the Raiders?

yup, and thats why he was released. The old "square peg, in a round hole."
the hell are you guys talking about. he played SS all year long. watch some games before you guys talk %$@!
laugh.gif

michelle huff and hiram eugene played FS all year long. wilson was always the SS. he played up a lot which is why he had so many tackles. he was a good playerin the run defense. he was let go because he was overpaid not because he didnt do a good job

hes a liability in coverage.

laugh.gif
honestly I thought he was playin FRee cus he was in turn and chase mode ALOT.

He still aint no FS, just like I've been sayin from jump
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom