Miami + Maryland roadtrip help bros

Thinking of making the drive from NY down the east coast...I've been to Miami a lot of times...but maybe you guys have better suggestions as far as lodging affordably in Southbeach and Ocean city...and places I should Check out on my drive...I've driven down there once but it was straight..

OC hotels tend to be pretty expenisve and not as necessarily as luxurious as you would expect from hotels in NYC,South Beach, and other big cities. I spent a weekend in OC about 3 weeks ago the hotel we stayed at was very clean and nice (by OC standards). When I get home from work I can PM you the hotel name as it escapes me right now.

i remember staying at a place called crystal sands hotel a few years ago for 1-something a night. granted it was in early June and was booked with a last minute reservation but was cheap(er) than anything else. 

OC is a ***** trying to find last minute openings without getting the pockets hammered and as Madman stated, you are paying for access to the beach. a lot of the spots outside of the major/big hotels are somewhat dumpy for what they are charging.

if youve never been, OC is a fun time but dont go expecting it to be some relaxed, beachy town.

Last edited:
If its just you and your lady and you want a spot on OC, I suggest Beacon or the Pelican. The Pelican has the best burger I've ever ate.

Edit:

I meant OD as in Ocean Drive. Not OC. My bad.

Last edited:
Make a detour to the Outer Banks in NC (Corolla, specifically). It's by far the best beach I've been to in the U.S.

Thanks for the suggestions bro, is probably just me and her, our main destination is Miami, OC is just to breakup our drive back up north...so OC is not a mellow/chill spot?

Thanks for the suggestions bro, is probably just me and her, our main destination is Miami, OC is just to breakup our drive back up north...so OC is not a mellow/chill spot?
I meant Ocean Drive bro. Don't know why I typed OC. 

OC is a fun time but just can be kind of hectic. traffic in the day is a ***** and a lot of underage people wandering around at night. since they cant get into the bars, they will drink and go wander around, especially the boardwalk. cops are always detaining drunk kids and such and others are just looking for trouble. its gets old after 3-4 days. grown folks have lots of stuff to do seacrets party block numerous bars and restaurants.

the mellower spots are north with bethany and rehobeth.

if he is talking about Seaside vs. OC then he is even more wrong

Seaside is a big party d bag town

OC is different from top to bottom. the further up you are the more quiet it is

if he is talking about Seaside vs. OC then he is even more wrong

Seaside is a big party d bag town

OC is different from top to bottom. the further up you are the more quiet it is
Exactly. I was at the Jersey shore for my girls birthday this past weekend and it was a good time except going out as a guy sucks. I was with my girl and her two best friends she went to high school with and we get to this bar and there's a separate line for guys (probably a half hour wait) and girls can just walk in. So the three girls I'm with ask the bouncer if I can cut the line with them since it was my girls birthday and he allows it. Dudes in line were mean muggin the hell out of me. THEN, I get hit with $15 cover at the door
sick.gif
Drinks were actually reasonably priced. But man, guidos EVERYWHERE. Some dude who I was standing next to in line before I cut found me and started questioning if it was really my girlfriend. I was like, "yeah, that's my girl." He goes, "no she's not," and just walks away and is staring at us all night with angry eyes. Man, I have a much better time when I go to Seacrets. I'll be in OC next weekend. Looking forward to it.

So Seacrest is a hotel or area?...this is for my 31st bday I don't want no wild Jersey Shore type of nightlife, just some chill mellow time, maybe a nice restaurant beachfront with good drinks, I only plan on spending 1 night in OC anyways and it's on my way back home.

Seacrets on a weekday is chill plus you can just hang at an outdoor bar and not go into the night club

Here is the bay if you really wanna go in there, I like chilling at an outdoor bar, there are like 10 of them
View media item 513243

Seacrets & Party Block is :pimp: The outdoor bar is pretty good at Seacrets. The Boardwalk is just a bunch of HS kids, graduates, and under 21 y/o due to the 20 and under clubs right at the boardwalk..

I have yet to go this summer, not pressed though as I went to college out on the Shore, will probably go Labor Day Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom