Miami passes Los Angeles as the second most expensive housing market in the US

Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
Man, if you had the $ for it you should have made that move.

"They" are moving to SE in droves man. :smh: Would have been a nice rental property for when you eventually relocated.

Definitely not a bad idea.

At my job, we build affordable houses in SE through the DCHFA HIP program. We typically build 3 bedroom 2000+sqft townhouses. In 2021 we sold some for 550k, in 2022 we built and sold some for 650k. The ones we're building now prolly won't jump that high but I expect 650-700k since they're new builds.

Price is right for DC but EYE wouldn't live in any of those areas.

You’re basically working just to give all your money to rent/mortgage. Buying vs renting don’t even matter nowadays, it’s all out of control.

I’ve always been of the notion that you can rent from ages 18 until your mid to late 20s…. But ultimately “IF” you’re afforded the luxury to eventually own a home outright or condo/town home. Do so.

My cousin just moved back here to Fort Lauderdale from Texas, she’s allegedly paying $3300 for a two bedroom (she lies sometimes, so could be more or less).
She just turned 38, in my head I’m like cuz, you could be spending that $3300 on a mortgage.

(This is Cooper City/Pembroke Pines, FL so, it’s an upscale area)

No way I’m pay $2000+ rent anywhere, I’d rather use that on a mortgage. Again, if I were in my 20s or maybe early 30s, yeah.

Definitely not a bad idea.

At my job, we build affordable houses in SE through the DCHFA HIP program. We typically build 3 bedroom 2000+sqft townhouses. In 2021 we sold some for 550k, in 2022 we built and sold some for 650k. The ones we're building now prolly won't jump that high but I expect 650-700k since they're new builds.

Price is right for DC but EYE wouldn't live in any of those areas.
:lol: NT encouraging dudes to live in the hood.

I’ve always been of the notion that you can rent from ages 18 until your mid to late 20s…. But ultimately “IF” you’re afforded the luxury to eventually own a home outright or condo/town home. Do so.

My cousin just moved back here to Fort Lauderdale from Texas, she’s allegedly paying $3300 for a two bedroom (she lies sometimes, so could be more or less).
She just turned 38, in my head I’m like cuz, you could be spending that $3300 on a mortgage.

(This is Cooper City/Pembroke Pines, FL so, it’s an upscale area)

No way I’m pay $2000+ rent anywhere, I’d rather use that on a mortgage. Again, if I were in my 20s or maybe early 30s, yeah.

I hear you. I primarily rent, but for me it’s about geographic mobility and career prospects. I’m in the top 1% of earners in the U.S. and sometimes I feel silly for renting but I’m really not trying to be tied down to a primary home mortgage when I’m barely 30 years old. I’ll definitely buy my primary home once I know where I want to live long term. Maybe the DMV or outside of NYC.

Back
Top Bottom