Miami passes Los Angeles as the second most expensive housing market in the US

Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
I used to want a luxury whip but here living in the DMV and next door to the metro that’s dead. I kinda hate driving now unless I absolutely have to. Traffic seems to be even crazier after the pandemic. I rode the metro to work for years so I’m not one of those too good’s who’s above it. Funny how people ride the metro for work but dare wouldn’t any other time. I’ll pay most times but will gladly step over the gate like everybody else :lol:

Had to kinda hop a turnstile today myself. Had an all day unlimited pass but my phone wouldn’t scan at all. Wish a mf apd or Marta cop did try me, all my docs were in a row. They need to figure out the way the scanners were trash. I’m

It’s amazing how quickly things get built in other countries but in America good luck even getting it off the ground. How do we not have any high speed trains in the US?!
The US doesn't have any of this mass transit infrastructure - or anything that benefits the public at large - because of the way the companies that handle critical infrastructure (transportation, utilities, defense, communications) are structured: the US government has no ownership stake in those businesses and is either their largest or sole customer. In contrast the governments of those countries where mass transit gets built partially own the companies that operate in these sensitive sectors.

@JusaVibe yeah there's subdivisions that have always been pricey, but you also have small 3br/2ba homes in places like the Heights thats going for 1+ mil. I'm speaking towards folks who might leave places like NYC/Miami and go to Houston because its cheaper, with the impression they'll be living in the center of everything in a 3000 sq/ft house for 300k. You can get that house for 300K, you're just going to be far out from the city. The nicer, close-in areas are still relatively expensive, just less expensive than where you'd be coming from.
A lot of people I know left NY for Atlanta and Charlotte. None of them actually live in ATL or Charlotte.

We have light rail here that is basically completed and almost ready to go but won’t be operational for years because rich people in Minneapolis are protesting it.

The same people with everyone is welcome yard signs. Yard sign people strike again.

Reminds me of a spot used to live where there was a prius with all the love, peace, togetherness etc stickers all over the back. Finally saw the driver and it was some curmudgeonly old white lady that didn't even look at you when you said hi.

It's the same bs everywhere. Mass transit gonna give criminals access to our neighborhoods and then what are we gonna do!!!

Been looking at central Texas home prices for future consideration. Fredericksburg 🤬 You ain't a millionaire, forget about it. Marble Falls. A little better, but not by a wide margin. North of Austin, forget it. Maybe Leander. Gonna be halfway to Waco before you see a decent price :smh: Could get a place in the northwest cheaper than this.

Last edited:
We have light rail here that is basically completed and almost ready to go but won’t be operational for years because rich people in Minneapolis are protesting it.

The same people with everyone is welcome yard signs. Yard sign people strike again.

Sign “Black Lives Matter!”

Fine print: “…as long as you’re not in our neighborhoods, grocery stores, schools,…”

Screenshot_20220930-122937.png

Science is Real
Love is Love
BLM
Stand with Ukraine

On NPR, they're running a story about a CPA married to an engineer who are living in and working from a trailer located on their family farm in MA because they can't afford a house.

This is ridiculous.

On NPR, they're running a story about a CPA married to an engineer who are living in and working from a trailer located on their family farm in MA because they can't afford a house.

This is ridiculous.

I know we won't get it but did they mention much context? Something isn't adding up with that situation.

Back
Top Bottom