Miami passes Los Angeles as the second most expensive housing market in the US

Are the houses in Miami worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 82.2%

• Total voters
I know folks in the midwest and south must hate CA and NY area people rn. They're moving there and running up the COL in places like ATL, Charlotte, Austin, Tennessee etc

Last edited:
A lot of folks are using Cali as a scapegoat for good ol American greed. Some of these businesses never even see a Californian.
True. I think people just want an urban lifestyle. Couple that with luxury apartments/condos getting built instead of normal apartments and you get an overpriced, overcrowded city where everyone is trying to find affordable housing.

A lot of folks are using Cali as a scapegoat for good ol American greed. Some of these businesses never even see a Californian.
Exactly. Scapegoating the people instead of the greedy businesses taking up shop in these areas for tax purposes.

Every city needs to build more multifamily housing

People for so long acted like it was a problem unique to liberals cities when it was also a simple housing supply issue. Some places just reached crisis points faster than others

So now a red city in a red state is have the same issues, then maybe for once people will realize that the problem is straight forward and the answer it the same

Reform zoning laws, and build more multifamily housing
San Francisco is an example. Owners are literally blocking new housing

San Francisco is an example. Owners are literally blocking new housing
Yeah it is really nasty in San Fran

It is happening all over the damn country too.

NIMBYism keep ****ing things up for folk needing affordable housing options. Whether it be apartments or homes

Isn't Miami like the poster child of corruption?

Whole city built of illegal drug trade.

Miami is literally sinking into the ocean.

It makes too much sense.

We are seeing the wealth gap grow even larger, Miami is a rich persons playground it makes all the sense in the world. I don't think its going to stop anytime soon either

We definitely are a strange country being so big - the fact that people are up in arms about someone else from another state moving to their state is really kind of disappointing. We’re past even the point of alienating immigrants from other countries we’ve leveled up straight up being haters to just any sort of changes

re: Cali

I've always wondered how folks that weren't as fortunate even made it work out there man.

We definitely are a strange country being so big - the fact that people are up in arms about someone else from another state moving to their state is really kind of disappointing. We’re past even the point of alienating immigrants from other countries we’ve leveled up straight up being haters to just any sort of changes
No offense, but I don’t think it’s that simple. People are upset at the rampant gentrification and inflated housing costs partially created by the influx of out of town residents using mommy and daddy’s money. Literally being pushed out of your neighborhood sucks.

There’s always been people moving state to state though. I just think the dynamics in the last decade or so have been entirely different.

Went to Miami for a wedding back in October. I didn't find it too impressive, and the people there were nice, but I guess not my kind of people.

There's def. a unique "island lifestyle" going on down there, and maybe that's why people seem to gravitate towards that city. Cost of living doesn't seem to appropriate to what's average down in Florida either.

Some of the folks I was talking to mentioned how there's recently been an explosion is real estate in Miami. It's only going to get worse. That led to be think, how do people afford the housing down there, when the median salary is around $40k. Probably means you have folks from the outside coming in and buying up land, which will eventually drive out the natives. I guess this has become the norm in America. It'll only get worse, before it gets better :frown:

Hell, even Atlanta isn't "Atlanta" anymore, if you know what I'm saying.

I know folks in the midwest and south must hate CA and NY area people rn. They're moving there and running up the COL in places like ATL, Charlotte, Austin, Tennessee etc
As a carpetbagger myself I can't be too mad, but I would prefer folks come from interesting places like NYC as opposed to Buffalo just saying.

No offense, but I don’t think it’s that simple. People are upset at the rampant gentrification and inflated housing costs partially created by the influx of out of town residents using mommy and daddy’s money. Literally being pushed out of your neighborhood sucks.

There’s always been people moving state to state though. I just think the dynamics in the last decade or so have been entirely different.

What I mean is that people are upset at the wrong facts. People moving is very rarely the cause of anything that is going on. The actual statistics of the numbers of people moving from state to state are so incredibly tiny. Even for the largest one - California to Texas it’s like net migration of 50k - 100k people. And this hasn’t dramatically changed its been pretty consistent the past 15 years. Texas has a population of 30M and California of 40M. It’s absolutely not factual to think that 100k people moving to a state of 30M should have any large scale impact - be it gentrification, housing prices, etc. Anything that is going on in these states is happening already irrespective of others coming in. It just feels bad the media highlights this narrative and pits regular people against each other like that’s the problem. When in reality the problem is the policies and values we’ve adopted as a country that continue to drive a wedge between rich and poor and make it harder and harder to have a “middle class”.

The fears we’re being taught by media and social media really are having dramatic impacts on how people feel about anyone slightly different and it’s a downward spiral that doesn’t seem to have any end of creating division between people.

This is the story in every house based hood.

I think it's soon to be in as many places as they can all across 'Merica that is if you don't like how high the rent is or how much a house costs you can always move back in w/your parents. inheritances, newly earned crypto wealth & stimmy checks they are after it all

I'll be moving to LA when the time is right. I live in Charlotte now, I've lived in other smaller markets as well as the Bay Area and I don't think I would move to another tertiary market as they all kind of blend together. I was in Denver recently and couldn't tell the difference culturally between there and Charlotte honestly. When I move again in a year or two it will have to be a large market. Chicago is out due to weather so it leaves not many options lol.

LA offers a nice balance I think of weather and lifestyle. Not as fast paced as NY but not as boring as where I live now.

The housing market is only rising in "value" in terms of USD which is an inflated/devalued currency.
If you price housing in terms of the S&P or any of the top cyrptos year over year, it's a different picture.

If you have money "saved" in dollars in a bank account, everything will simply get more expensive to you.
If you're invested in the S&P instead for example, things will get cheaper or at least stay the same valued against it.

Using an asset to buy another asset is the way to go vs starting from cash.

Invest, start small, DCA in the market. After 2 years, buy a house.

Brownstone Brownstone What was it about CHA and DEN that you felt blended together? I would have thought there was a big cultural difference between the two considering the "key demos" of the folks living there.

Back
Top Bottom