MIAMI - planning a trip - need help on LOCATION!!

so wife and I are planning a 4 day trip to miami for the August long weekend and I've been researching some packages and have found myself in a dilemma.  As many of you know, the hotels in the south beach area are pretty run down and overpriced (except for some really expensive ones which I don't really want to splurge on, as I can get better value downtown).  I know south beach is where it's at, etc etc but I think we could live without staying there for 4 days straight - I hear it can get boring?  We would appreciate some peace during our trip from the SOBE area ...or is it really that fun where nowhere else is better?

edit: thanks for the help, booked for EPIC hotel ...looks sick as #!*!!
pimp.gif
 and got a nice room! wife and I will definately enjoy the hotel  and amenities

we'll just take a cab to SOBE for a day or 2...should be fine and only costs around 20 bucks to get there ..

NOW ..tips on where to eat!!

so wife and I are planning a 4 day trip to miami for the August long weekend and I've been researching some packages and have found myself in a dilemma.  As many of you know, the hotels in the south beach area are pretty run down and overpriced (except for some really expensive ones which I don't really want to splurge on, as I can get better value downtown).  I know south beach is where it's at, etc etc but I think we could live without staying there for 4 days straight - I hear it can get boring?  We would appreciate some peace during our trip from the SOBE area ...or is it really that fun where nowhere else is better?

pimp.gif

we'll just take a cab to SOBE for a day or 2...should be fine and only costs around 20 bucks to get there ..

You are def not walking to Ocean but based on what you're looking for stay at the 4 seasons...

You're going to be down in Brickell almost Coral Gables...you want to make it anywhere walking is not going to be an option or pleasurable in the heat and humidity...cab it or get a car...it's not unreasonable to take a cab each day unless you are doing a lot of back and forth

You are def not walking to Ocean but based on what you're looking for stay at the 4 seasons...

You're going to be down in Brickell almost Coral Gables...you want to make it anywhere walking is not going to be an option or pleasurable in the heat and humidity...cab it or get a car...it's not unreasonable to take a cab each day unless you are doing a lot of back and forth

4 days is not alot...your not gonna be partying hard like you said so you can mix it up...not like your gonna be at mansion 4 nights in a row

if you want to stay downtown and don't want the hassle of a car get a scooter or 2 -

4 days is not alot...your not gonna be partying hard like you said so you can mix it up...not like your gonna be at mansion 4 nights in a row

if you want to stay downtown and don't want the hassle of a car get a scooter or 2 -

Dont stay on South Beach. Stay on Miami Beach. Its about two miles north of SoBe. A cab ride is only like 11 bucks and there are plenty that run between the two. A cab ride to and from the airport may be 25-30. Look up the Eden Roc. Its a Marriott property and its right next to the Fontainebleau (which is probably the nicest hotel on the Beach). The beach there is nice and more private. They also have 5 pools, a spa, and a large outdppr patio resturant. Decent priced hotel. I have never paid more than $150 a night with my gov discount. PM me and I may be able to shoot you a hook up.

efj7tc.jpg

121vb7p.jpg

smq2qb.jpg

wlu3pi.jpg

jgnkb5.jpg

Don't stay accross the bridge. Cab ride longer and aint nothing to see.

Dont stay on South Beach. Stay on Miami Beach. Its about two miles north of SoBe. A cab ride is only like 11 bucks and there are plenty that run between the two. A cab ride to and from the airport may be 25-30. Look up the Eden Roc. Its a Marriott property and its right next to the Fontainebleau (which is probably the nicest hotel on the Beach). The beach there is nice and more private. They also have 5 pools, a spa, and a large outdppr patio resturant. Decent priced hotel. I have never paid more than $150 a night with my gov discount. PM me and I may be able to shoot you a hook up.

efj7tc.jpg

121vb7p.jpg

smq2qb.jpg

wlu3pi.jpg

jgnkb5.jpg

Don't stay accross the bridge. Cab ride longer and aint nothing to see.

just booked a similar trip for august as well. We went with the five star hotel downtown and a rental, the rental was only a little bit extra.

just booked a similar trip for august as well. We went with the five star hotel downtown and a rental, the rental was only a little bit extra.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

gotta agree with this man as well...the piece of strip with Eden Roc, FB, Ganse, W etc is
pimp.gif
  close enough to the south beach action but not right in the mix...i havent stayed on that part of the strip in years...guess as u get older things change..plus theres plenty of nice food spots, lounges and clubs right there...and they tend to be more upscale than your regular spots on washington

theres also a low key spot that was a dump before but got purchased and underwent a massive renovation called RED - its a nice lil boutique spot that still had low/decent prices as of last year

damn this thread has me about to book something...maybe nov/dec  
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

gotta agree with this man as well...the piece of strip with Eden Roc, FB, Ganse, W etc is
pimp.gif
  close enough to the south beach action but not right in the mix...i havent stayed on that part of the strip in years...guess as u get older things change..plus theres plenty of nice food spots, lounges and clubs right there...and they tend to be more upscale than your regular spots on washington

theres also a low key spot that was a dump before but got purchased and underwent a massive renovation called RED - its a nice lil boutique spot that still had low/decent prices as of last year

damn this thread has me about to book something...maybe nov/dec  
nerd.gif

Planned a trip for August with my lady, we staying at Circa 39 hotel has anyone been there before?

also what are some things to do other than clubbing
nerd.gif

Planned a trip for August with my lady, we staying at Circa 39 hotel has anyone been there before?

also what are some things to do other than clubbing
nerd.gif

thanks for the Eden Roc recommendation...i checked it out and costs more than EPIC, but the location and rooms look nice as well - maybe next time i go i'll look into that place!

i think 2 days in sobe is enough to obtain the experience, and epic is right near the highway so it's not too far

thanks for the Eden Roc recommendation...i checked it out and costs more than EPIC, but the location and rooms look nice as well - maybe next time i go i'll look into that place!

i think 2 days in sobe is enough to obtain the experience, and epic is right near the highway so it's not too far

Originally Posted by teddy jam

pimp.gif

Stay at the 4 seasons. My gym is at the 4 seasons and it is by far my favorite hotel. The pool is amazing, and the service is fantastic. 

Back
Top Bottom