Michael Jordan Calf Sleeve

Mcdavid has this for bout $15
pimp.gif

McDavid makes them, and the insides are red, outside black. Just roll down the top a bit like they said and there you go.

stop getting this old #@$ threads from the dead ppl
im just gonna stop coming into the jb forum if this noobs keep coming in here

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

K20LEE had the right answer:
Osgood Slaughter Disease is the inflammation of the patellar tendon where the knee meets the top of the tibia (shinbone). The condition is caused by stress on the tendon that attaches the muscle at the front of the thigh to the tibia. It is probably caused by the powerful quadriceps muscle pulling on the attachment point of the patellar tendon during running activities such as soccer, basketball, track and other sports and in gymnastics and ballet.

The symptoms associated with Osgood Slaughter Disease is swelling and tenderness in the knee joint. It is most common in active children aged 10-15. It is the most common source of knee pain in children. Both males and females are equally vulnerable now, but at one time, the condition was found mainly in boys. It is always characterized by activity-related pain that is located a few inches below the knee cap. Sports that require a lot of running, jumping kneeling and squatting are particularly associated with Osgood Slaughter Disease.

The three main factors of the disease are:

1. The child is between 10 and 15 years old

2. The child is involved in youth sports

3. The child is in a 'growth spurt'

The disease was named after two physicians who defined the disease in 1903. About 2 million boys and girls in the United States contract Osgood-Slaughter Disease yearly.

The following link will provide you a few options:
Calf Sleeve

The MJ game used sleeve I have is made by Grid. MJ would fold the top of the sleeve down for two reasons:
1) Concealing the brand name, Grid, from public display.
2) Displaying the inner red color creating a trademark image.
Droppin Knowledge.... Coooo

Only speculation, but I think MJ didn't wear the sleeve between late '96-'98 because Grid probably had discontinued their line, making way for McDavid.

I got one from McDavid in the late 00s that had the red interior, but I don't think they make it anymore. I'm almost certain Mike was wearing a knee, not calf, sleeve, but just pulled down.

BED721C1-5448-4C26-8142-A7DEE6789090.jpeg
I got one from McDavid in the late 00s that had the red interior, but I don't think they make it anymore. I'm almost certain Mike was wearing a knee, not calf, sleeve, but just pulled down.

Did you have this one

Back
Top Bottom