Michael Jordan - How Quickly They Forget (MJ vs Lebron)

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im saying in the finals versus the lakers the EXACT same thing happened in game two as it did with the heat mavs series. Up 14, jordan dribbles around doesnt go in for the isolated drive and settles for a 15ft jumper and clanks it.

I never said jordan wasnt clutch. I was saying it was times where it was a mistake be it a gamble on a steal, a bad shot, which lead to another player being clutch saving the day. This of course was throughout the years, in which my point was lbj hasnt had years being on a championship caliber team.

The whole spurs argument is absurd because that was at a time lbj didnt have a championship caliber team. Thats like comparing 89 or 90 bulls. in which they where swept by the pistons and mj came short both of those years. Jordans 1st real chance/legitimate chance at a championship, he came through and proved the doubters wrong. But it really wasnt until the 4th game into that finals that he did it.

LeBron is only at two games into his first real legitimate chance at winning a finals (you cannot honestly think the cavs had a shot against the spurs). And out of the two games he only came short the last one. And even if he doesnt pull through, it still wont make him a choker. If i recall during the lakers 1st run, it was shaq who moreso then often or big shot rob who pulled the lakers through. Does that make kobe a choker? Of course it doesnt. Because he has been given time and with that time has proven he can be clutch, and place the team on his back and pull through with the wins.

All im saying is this lbj has had TWO games, not 6 series, not or 7/8 series like mj or kobe has had. If you have more opportunities just by mathematical and deduction you have more opportunities to be proven.

you have to be kidding me
it is widely known by any knowledgeable fan that the lakers always went to kobe in the clutch cause of shaq's terrible free throw shooting
Kobe bailed out the lakers way more than horry or fisher...who usually got a pass from a kobe created play

roll.gif
@ you saying players bailed jordan out
closet lebron stan

Um ok so your one of those who ever made the most spectacular shot type of ppl i see. Um so lets disregard who was the mvp in all the lakers 3 championships. If it wasnt for shaq, well i see kobe fans so nevermind. For every cool move highlight reel basket kobe made, there was so many bad plays, bad shots he missed which put them in a situation where games were close. Kobe going off was a direct result for no answer for shaq. Proof thats why they lost to the pistons instead of feeding shaq the ball and involving other players he wanted to go all rogue and hero.

As far as jordan look at game 2 and three of the lakers series, not youtube clips not ustream highlights but the actually game. Also look at game 4 of the blazers series. And i didnt say anyone bailed jordan out i said their were errors mistakes he made which lead to those moments when he made a big play.

To me i dont really consider it being clutch if you do something that could cost your team the game only to make a spectacular play to make it up. Thats just a wash imo.

At kobe being the reason they won the first the chips. You do no they did hack a shaq to stop this man. i dont get why laker homers just make it seem like kobe wasnt this up and comming hot shot who as many times he made a key play he did something to cost the team. Was he good sure, but go back watch the games i mean really watch them. and tell me it wasnt shaq. I think yall are talking about game winning shots. Im talking about making key plays that lead to victories and/or change the shift/momentum of a game not buzzer beaters.

Its obvious thats what you guys are talking about seeing the only thing ppl are talking about are a certain move or films/videos with buzzer beaters.

Which championship do you feel kobe lead the lakers to victory, and if so why wasnt he named mvp? hell he wasnt even named player of the game for a good majority of them....
BAILING THEM OUT IS DIFFERENT THAN CARRYING A TEAM.

SHAQ CARRIED THE TEAM FOR MOST OF OF THE GAMES BUT KOBE FINISHED THEM. THA'S A FACT.

We are talking about clutch plays and choking. Kobe  getting it done in the final minutes will never net him an mvp as long as shaq is putting in work most of the game.

Kobe was the best player during entire series at times like when the lakers swept the Spurs in 2001. It is clear you do not know what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

from wikipedia doesn't count

Lol good one........... recaps and transcripts from each game arent facts evidence, but memories from folks who were probably a young teen or a lil kid, and complilations of highlights tell they story of a full game... right gotcha.
wink.gif
y so serious?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

from wikipedia doesn't count

Lol good one........... recaps and transcripts from each game arent facts evidence, but memories from folks who were probably a young teen or a lil kid, and complilations of highlights tell they story of a full game... right gotcha.
wink.gif
y so serious?

jordan is the GOAT he never fail the expectations...not like lebron pippen say his better than jordan n he choke game 2....

jordan is the GOAT he never fail the expectations...not like lebron pippen say his better than jordan n he choke game 2....

Originally Posted by LDJ

I just want you to name me some championship teams that were lead by one superstar and won it all without allstar/great players on their teams? If you can ill retract that statement and agree that the cavs had a championship team.

Rick Barry and the 1974-1975 Golden State Warriors.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I just want you to name me some championship teams that were lead by one superstar and won it all without allstar/great players on their teams? If you can ill retract that statement and agree that the cavs had a championship team.

Man. I'm not even going to get in on this,

BUT...

That video made me proud to be a fan of basketball.

Man. I'm not even going to get in on this,

BUT...

That video made me proud to be a fan of basketball.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by LDJ

You can tell who just knows the nba classic highlights and the retro shoes. Like i stated earlier, even in jordans prime he has fell short, blew the game only for a player like paxon,hodges,kukoc,pippen to bail him out. It happens. Its funny how ppl conviently look over that, either from lack of knowledge, or blinded by the many times he had delivered. Imma need ppl to stop catching pieces of his career from highlights from nba classic, or the ever so popular imma just search and view snippets from youtube, google stats, and then act as if they have an once of knowledge about bball.

stopped reading after that
laugh.gif
   id say if you went 6-6 in the finals you have been pretty successful

No ome questioned whether he was successful or not, the issue is he wasnt always clutch. The first championship like i said the deciding game and possibly could have changed the outcome between the lakers series, they blew a 14 point lead, with the game on the line jordan clanked a 15 foot jumper. Sounds pretty similiar to the heat huh, so jordan wasnt clutch?

Or game three when jordan took and unneccesary foul on divacs which gave up the two tying free throws which forced a overtime. Was jordan a bum garbage then? Could have swore he redeemed himself scoring almost every basket in overtime.

I mean like i said we can go on and on and its obvious you have no idead about these games, and can only respond with um whatever, or some cheesy overused saying/gif like did not read. Jordan was the greatest player ive every witness play, but i saw him play when he played. And it aint like the bulls pretty much piggy backed off him, and he was of no errors no mistakes and always 100% came through in the clutch. 

Your second paragraph is indeed incorrect. It was not Jordan with the uncessary foul on Divac in game three. It was Pippen with the foul and that was Pippen's sixth foul resulting of him fouling out.  Divac's foul shots gave the Lakers the two point lead.  Jordan follwed that with a clutch game-tying shot with a few seconds remaining sending it into overtime (Jordan hit the shot with Divac contesting the shot).  The Bulls finally won in OT without Pippen.

Obviously, I agree with him making errors and not making all the clutch shots. But, he hit about 55 percent of his clutch shots (I thinks it is the highest in NBA History).

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by LDJ

You can tell who just knows the nba classic highlights and the retro shoes. Like i stated earlier, even in jordans prime he has fell short, blew the game only for a player like paxon,hodges,kukoc,pippen to bail him out. It happens. Its funny how ppl conviently look over that, either from lack of knowledge, or blinded by the many times he had delivered. Imma need ppl to stop catching pieces of his career from highlights from nba classic, or the ever so popular imma just search and view snippets from youtube, google stats, and then act as if they have an once of knowledge about bball.

stopped reading after that
laugh.gif
   id say if you went 6-6 in the finals you have been pretty successful

No ome questioned whether he was successful or not, the issue is he wasnt always clutch. The first championship like i said the deciding game and possibly could have changed the outcome between the lakers series, they blew a 14 point lead, with the game on the line jordan clanked a 15 foot jumper. Sounds pretty similiar to the heat huh, so jordan wasnt clutch?

Or game three when jordan took and unneccesary foul on divacs which gave up the two tying free throws which forced a overtime. Was jordan a bum garbage then? Could have swore he redeemed himself scoring almost every basket in overtime.

I mean like i said we can go on and on and its obvious you have no idead about these games, and can only respond with um whatever, or some cheesy overused saying/gif like did not read. Jordan was the greatest player ive every witness play, but i saw him play when he played. And it aint like the bulls pretty much piggy backed off him, and he was of no errors no mistakes and always 100% came through in the clutch. 

Your second paragraph is indeed incorrect. It was not Jordan with the uncessary foul on Divac in game three. It was Pippen with the foul and that was Pippen's sixth foul resulting of him fouling out.  Divac's foul shots gave the Lakers the two point lead.  Jordan follwed that with a clutch game-tying shot with a few seconds remaining sending it into overtime (Jordan hit the shot with Divac contesting the shot).  The Bulls finally won in OT without Pippen.

Obviously, I agree with him making errors and not making all the clutch shots. But, he hit about 55 percent of his clutch shots (I thinks it is the highest in NBA History).

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

From a legacy standpoint, there's no competition at all. As just a pure performance standpoint, it's not completely outlandish or anything. It's still Jordan, but it's not ridiculous or anything.

I think of it like this. Right now LeBron is like '91 MJ. MJ was in his prime in the '91 playoffs and on his way to winning his first championship. He didn't have a ring yet, but he was at his best. Would anyone argue that '96 MJ was better than '91 MJ? He had the rings, the finals MVPs, the epic finals performances, but he wasn't a better player than '91 MJ.

Look at Kobe. He won his last 2 rings past his prime era. Would anybody argue that 2010 5 ring was better than 2005 3 ring Kobe?

I think LeBron will be at his absolute peak around 2012-2013. He may achieve more championships and MVP awards after that, but it won't mean that that is when he is at his best.

You can argue that MJ solidified his legacy with his 6th championship, but MJ winning rings #4, #5 & #6 was not the greatest player of all time. The MJ of the first 3-peat was the G.O.A.T.

Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by LDJ

He won't answer your response, he doesn't do well when you prove him wrong with facts.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by LDJ

He won't answer your response, he doesn't do well when you prove him wrong with facts.

Nice vid. It's a JOKE watching MJ highlights followed by Lebron's. Going from watching Filet Mignon and Lobster being cooked to looking at a Whopper Jr. getting prepared.

Nice vid. It's a JOKE watching MJ highlights followed by Lebron's. Going from watching Filet Mignon and Lobster being cooked to looking at a Whopper Jr. getting prepared.

No I will and you are correct. But one time in 25+ years is far and few between. Plus the NBA is a different game now. Teams are to deep and competitive for a single player to win a championship. Plus the season is longer thus would take a toll on a player.

No I will and you are correct. But one time in 25+ years is far and few between. Plus the NBA is a different game now. Teams are to deep and competitive for a single player to win a championship. Plus the season is longer thus would take a toll on a player.

How can anyone possibly say the 1st 3 peat jordan was better than the 2nd 3 peat jordan? He became a different player after he came back in 95 and realized he wasn't the best player in the world anymore. He went back in the gym and made himself the best player on the planet again.

Talbert

How can anyone possibly say the 1st 3 peat jordan was better than the 2nd 3 peat jordan? He became a different player after he came back in 95 and realized he wasn't the best player in the world anymore. He went back in the gym and made himself the best player on the planet again.

Talbert

Originally Posted by milbert

Talbert

QFT 
pimp.gif

young kids these days just assume because he wasn't dunking all over people like in the late 80's and early 90's with the same frequency that he wasn't the best... I couldn't have said it better milbert

Originally Posted by milbert

Talbert

QFT 
pimp.gif

young kids these days just assume because he wasn't dunking all over people like in the late 80's and early 90's with the same frequency that he wasn't the best... I couldn't have said it better milbert

Back
Top Bottom