Originally Posted by enyceking

my $540 sneakers
hunkeh.jpg

You FAIL for spending that much cash on some Jordans
laugh.gif

grin.gif
no he doesn't
grin.gif
He kinda does considering that he probably wont even wear them and even if he does they're going to start cracking and $@$*
hater.jpg

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

If it was Sarah Palin you guys would be going nuts.

sarah palin was using campaign to buy clothes for herself and her family. how is this similar?

Im saying, (some)gov. provided funding, and the Obamas have millions in personal income. How is this the same?

And you know this how?
laugh.gif

How the hell do you know she spent her Quid Pro Quo salary from a Chicago based hospital?

Sarah Palin was given Campaign Contributions for clothes, isn't that the point of Campaign Contributions? Are there rules what the party spends their money on?
Im lost, is she the sole breadwinner in her family? were the obamas returns not publicly available? i don't know that she used her personalfinances to purchase the shoes(if she did purchase them), but it would only make sense. What are you trying to imply? where else would the money come from?did she dip into the first lady special federal emergency fund? i must've misread your post.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Who cares.... nobody dwells on this bs except salty Republicans.

Jackie O spent thousands on custom made dresses and etc. Hillary was notorious for her thousand dollar pants suites.
You're right she's not, but that's what she's presented herself as and that's what she's been lauded for which is why this is an issue because its not consistent with her image.
Some of yall sound moronic, my mother is considered middle class and she own's a $600 LV bag... why do people equate middle class as overly frugal people. Its the people in the Middle class pushing 5 series, Acura's, Lexus' and etc.

Yet, you were probably one of those people ostracizing Sarah Palin during the election because of her wardrobe.

Nope could care less what that dumb broad wore i don't get stuck on petty issues like wardrobe [lapel pins, sneakers, ties & etc]

Palin ironically violated the McCain-Feingold Act:
SEC. 313. USE OF CONTRIBUTED AMOUNTS FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES.
(a) PERMITTED USES-

(b) PROHIBITED USE-

(1) IN GENERAL- A contribution or donation described in subsection (a) shall not be converted by any person to personal use.

(2) CONVERSION- For the purposes of paragraph (1), a contribution or donation shall be considered to be converted to personal use if the contribution or amount is used to fulfill any commitment, obligation, or expense of a person that would exist irrespective of the candidate's election campaign or individual's duties as a holder of Federal office, including--

(A) a home mortgage, rent, or utility payment;
(B) a clothing purchase;
(C) a noncampaign-related automobile expense;
(D) a country club membership;
(E) a vacation or other noncampaign-related trip;
(F) a household food item;
(G) a tuition payment;
(H) admission to a sporting event, concert, theater, or other form of entertainment not associated with an election campaign; and
(I) dues, fees, and other payments to a health club or recreational facility.'

Sec. 323
`(a) NATIONAL COMMITTEES-

`(1) IN GENERAL- A national committee of a political party (including a national congressional campaign committee of a political party) may not solicit, receive, or direct to another person a contribution, donation, or transfer of funds or any other thing of value, or spend any funds, that are not subject to the limitations, prohibitions, and reporting requirements of this Act.
`(2) APPLICABILITY- The prohibition established by paragraph (1) applies to any such national committee, any officer or agent acting on behalf of such a national committee, and any entity that is directly or indirectly established, financed, maintained, or controlled by such a national committee.
Link
So no, that is not what campaign money is for.

i actually only spent 250 and a tank of gas on those. im just saying they probably worth 540? and they look bettr than those chucks michelle obama is rockin

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

SunDOOBIE wrote:
so what do you suggest she wear a skirt and jacket all the time and heels?
Preferably. Is that so difficult? Show some class. Some elegance. I mean damn ol girl be looking like a hood rat with those sneakers.
laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever seen a First Lady wear a pair of sneakers especially when the media is there. Someone post a picture of Jackie O, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton wear sneakers. Anyone?

but you're acting like this is what she wears everyday...i'm sure there are more pics of her in heels than sneakers...part of their is appeal is that they aren't so uptight...if she wore them to the inauguration i could understand but c'mon...heels to feed people?
I understand. And yes heels to the soup kitchen wouldn't fly but to dress all the way down and wear sneakers especially $500 sneaks? Not agood look IMO.

I don't know call me ol fashion but 1st ladies are to be admired for their elegance. And yes I understand her appeal but again I am speaking based ontradition for 1st ladies to always look classy regardless of the event.

the Obamas are def. outside of the traditional first family...its a new time...keep up old timer...lol

Wow first lady can't even treat herself to a nice pair of kicks without people making an issue of it
smh.gif

those are the classiest pair of lanvin ive seen real subtle colorway.
pimp.gif

i dont get whats the big deal. im sure obama has been seeing big checks with his book sales. let Michele splurge.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

She probably got them for free like a lot of celebrities. Especially being a fashionable first lady where whatever you wear instantly becomes the wanted item, you'd bet brands and designers would mail her free swagbags/boxes. Just look at what she did for Jason Wu.

good point...

[fede]

Hey, how come I can't get a pair of sneakers too?

My tax money paid for that!!!!

[/fede]

If she got them for free that's actually worse, why is she accepting gifts that cost as much what a family of four spends on groceries for two weeks towear to a food bank?

the Obamas are def. outside of the traditional first family...its a new time...keep up old timer...lol
Being an elitist is nothing new.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Being an elitist is nothing new.

Can someone tell me what does elitist mean in relation to the First Family?

Back
Top Bottom