Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers

Who knows, she may be an NT'er
nerd.gif
Joints look like some fancy Keds.

[h1]First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540![/h1]
BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM

amd_shoes_obama.jpg
Morigi/Getty
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.

amd_sneakers_obama.jpg
Ernst/Reuters
The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.

[h2] [/h2]

Michelle Obama has taken casual to ahaute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, asneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satinversions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which area cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line'schiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

Other celebrity fans of Lanvin's costly kicks include Ellen DeGeneres and Kanye West,who has blogged about his faves.

As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.

"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed todo a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."

She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalksTuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_feat_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html#ixzz0EI5tXCDm&B

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_feat_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html#ixzz0EI5tXCDm&B

lmao ... where were yall when palin was droppin bread on her clothing? fickle #%+ bamas ...

Originally Posted by Russoull

This $*!% made news?
Why not, Palin and McCain's wife caught heck for wearing expensive clothes while trying to be "of the people".

So Republicans spending a lot of money clothes = Bad but Democrats spending a lot of money of clothing = Fine?

Back
Top Bottom