Mickael Pietrus ditching Kobe's for Jordan's in the Finals

Do you all think we'll see anything special or will he just be wearing the same Jordan's he used to wear?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4226621

Orlando Magic guard Mickael Pietrus has been in Kobe Bryant's shoes this season. But now that he'll have to help defend the Lakers star in the NBAFinals, he's getting out.

Pietrus, a shooting guard who also helped defend LeBron James in the Eastern Conference finals, has worn a pair of basketball sneakers endorsed by Bryantduring games this season, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

But now that the Magic are facing the Lakers in the NBA Finals, which start Thursday (ABC, 8:30 p.m. ET), Pietrus is ditching his Kobe kicks for something alittle more old school, according to the report.

"I have [Kobe shoes ] at my house, but I'm going to play with Michael Jordan shoes," Pietrus said, the newspaper reported.

No matter which pair of shoes Pietrus wears, slowing down Kobe is going to be a tough assignment, he acknowledged, according to the report.

"The only thing I can do is try to minimize his touches in the fourth quarter," Pietrus said, according to the Sentinel. "He's atremendous player and those guys you can not stop them. So maybe I can say, 'Hey, stop, Kobe! Yo! Stop!' Maybe that's the only way I can stop him.'Stop for a minute!'"

He should wear Penny's like Courtney Lee, maybe the Foam Ones or Penny II's though

he should wear some space jams
smile.gif

If I was him id stick to the kobes I mean he doin pretty well in them why stray from what's working??...in plus when the magic win the ship he can say hebeat kobe in his own sneakers ;]

Kinda silly for them to say he is "ditching Kobes" - he's been wearing the Hyperdunk lately, not Kobe's actual sig shoes.

Eh.....

I swore he wore those black and white Hyperdunks. I guess those could be considered Kobe's.....

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Kinda silly for them to say he is "ditching Kobes" - he's been wearing the Hyperdunk lately, not Kobe's actual sig shoes.

Eh.....
Yeah, I've seen him wear the hyperdunks more than the Kobes as well......

He hasn't been wearing the Kobe's. They are definitely mistaking the Hyperdunk to be Kobe's sig.

maybe jb will give him some true blues to rub it in our faces. he did play for the french national team
laugh.gif

The reason i started like Pietrus back in the day was because he always wore J's in his GSW days. Sad to see yet another one of our players leave toanother team and be a huge factor in their success.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

He should wear Penny's like Courtney Lee, maybe the Foam Ones or Penny II's though

I thought I noticed Lee wearing penny III's the other day, thanks for confirming it.

LOL...So he's gonna get lit up in J's instead of Kobe's...big deal

Back
Top Bottom