Microplastics in the air....everywhere. vol. We Screwed

@Bend_The_Knee

Speak on this. I didn't know PAPER straws were a thing. They need to get more creative because that is just poor design

Also whatever you're drinking has that paper taste too.

Straws I heard were designed to help you consume drinks faster. The paper straw definitely slowed me down. The straw got twisted in the lid opening when it got soggy.

We've taken the recent reports about plastic pollution into consideration when preparing our upcoming NT hats and t-shirts for production and shipping.

All items will ship in either a recycled paper box or mailer. The boxes are sealed using a water activated paper shipping tape instead of plastic tape. The mailing labels we'll be using are compostable.

The choice was simple: either we pay a little more now or we all pay a LOT more later.

newflash, whoever rolls up, or vapes, or microwaves food is exposed to "microplastic".

Ok? Is this suppose to give you a pass about using plastic bags?

By no means i’ll say i’m not doing anything bad for the environment, but i try my best: i don’t use plastic bags, i recycle, compost, limit my consumption of material things (shoes, clothes, etc.), i use public transit, etc.

Anyway, i just think people should try a bit harder and look at the big picture when legislation affect their day-to-day life.

Ok? Is this suppose to give you a pass about using plastic bags?

By no means i’ll say i’m not doing anything bad for the environment, but i try my best: i don’t use plastic bags, i recycle, compost, limit my consumption of material things (shoes, clothes, etc.), i use public transit, etc.

Anyway, i just think people should try a bit harder and look at the big picture when legislation affect their day-to-day life.

This all well and good but honestly it’s kind of useless. As a society we even turn a blind eye to people living on the street. Unless there are laws and regulation and policies built into place the actions of us as individuals matter little. Not saying that I don’t also do all of what you do...I just know it doesn’t matter unless we decide from a policy perspective / top down approach. But the almighty dollar rules and we’re not going to see change until it’s profitable for someone.

this.

lets keep it all da way a buck, this plastic bag beef is a proxy war against petroleum products liberals got religion over.

you could've easily switch to biodegradable plastics and liberal environmental wackos would be on da same ish.
so a beef against petroleum is only a liberal thing? not a person with increasing oil prices not looking good for business? not a person who has read about the unsuitability of petroleum?

bro i am sure environmentalists would favor biodegradable plastic rather when what we have now. its funny because any plan to progressively move forward from old ways, it's usually conservative who feel threaten that their old way of life is near extinction. but it is obvious, that you are stuck in that mentality and never grew up out of high school, so there is no point in exchanging new ideas with you.

so a beef against petroleum is only a liberal thing? not a person with increasing oil prices not looking good for business? not a person who has read about the unsuitability of petroleum?

bro i am sure environmentalists would favor biodegradable plastic rather when what we have now. its funny because any plan to progressively move forward from old ways, it's usually conservative who feel threaten that their old way of life is near extinction. but it is obvious, that you are stuck in that mentality and never grew up out of high school, so there is no point in exchanging new ideas with you.
Dude you responded to is blocked and I already know who it is based on your response. All I can say is people are dumb and the logic behind why is so backwards all you can do is point and laugh.

Last edited:
so a beef against petroleum is only a liberal thing?

yes, it is, white *cough* privileged like ya call em *cough* liberal environmental wackos, da same ones that virtue signal bout this but are completely silent on da impacts of digging for lithium, Cobalt, da scam that recycling is now that China is refusing our crap, and basically restrictions on US to collab wit Africa for energy, only to let da China cpmplecomp exploit em. :lol: yea..those guys.

Last edited:
Anybody have any experience with metal reusable straws? I've seen a few that come with big mugs at the store. I think they might be a better replacement of they don't taste metallic.

yes, it is, white *cough* privileged like ya call em *cough* liberal environmental wackos, da same ones that virtue signal bout this but are completely silent on da impacts of digging for lithium, Cobalt, da scam that recycling is now that China is refusing our crap, and basically restrictions on US to collab wit Africa for energy, only to let da China cpmplecomp exploit em. :lol: yea..those guys.
bro you know how recent it is that lithium batteries have been used? you are comparing the mining of coal to this? you are the type to compare extremes and see some kind of correlation? i am not illogical to think one is better than the other. however, what i can tell you is that lithium batteries are a new thing, and when it is time to move onto something else, then I have nothing against it, if it makes more sense. right now, it makes more sense to move away from coal since we have better options, such as renewable energy. sure it may cost money now, but it will be best for the future. you see that is a progressive thought. something you are afraid of, you are closed minded and not open to new ideas. especially since you are no scientist and do not comprehend the idea of web/chain networks in nature.

you are against coal, petroleum, and traffic reform because you want a new car to drive in the most congested cities in the world.

you are against plastic bag reform because you dont want to spend money on trash bags. you think that is sound logic? or the logic of a selfish person?

Anybody have any experience with metal reusable straws? I've seen a few that come with big mugs at the store. I think they might be a better replacement of they don't taste metallic.
I have one on my water jug thing. Tastes fine

Copped 4 pack a few years back. Work as advertised no metallic taste.

I'm in the market for an electric kettle for tea. Reviews got people complaining that certain ones have plastic parts. Can someone aware me on why this is bad?

I'm in the market for an electric kettle for tea. Reviews got people complaining that certain ones have plastic parts. Can someone aware me on why this is bad?

Bpa. Bisphenol molecules gets into the water altering the taste and smell and has shown to cause other damage to the body. I was recently in the same position as you. copped a electric kettle for my pour over and French press coffees. I recommend one you can control the temperature. Like Bonavita 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle Featuring Gooseneck Spout, BV382518V Amazon product ASIN B00N2278VC

Bpa. Bisphenol molecules gets into the water altering the taste and smell and has shown to cause other damage to the body. I was recently in the same position as you. copped a electric kettle for my pour over and French press coffees. I recommend one you can control the temperature. Like Bonavita 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle Featuring Gooseneck Spout, BV382518V Amazon product ASIN B00N2278VC

Good looks. I was checking on a Breville because I'm trying to keep it around $60. Guess I have some comparing to do.

what do you guys use for trash bags? Asking people who don’t use plastic

what do you guys use for trash bags? Asking people who don’t use plastic

i use those totes, amazon sells em dirt cheap. and if im doing a costco run i use the blue bag from ikea again its dirt cheap too. i have totes and the blue bag in my car just incase i need to do shopping

ahhh crap my bad i thought you said shopping bags lol, i dont have any alternative on that one.

I don’t mind not having plastic straws. Was at barclays center and wondered why I wasn’t given a straw, then realized the cup had an opening like a sippy cup.

I need plastic straws or a comparable alternative. I ordered some Uber eats and it had a paper straw. My straw got soggy halfway thru my drink.

Do you really need a straw though if you ain’t mobile?

Drink straight from the cup.

Ninja sure speaks a lot about da wacko liberals for someone who is supposedly so staunchly independent :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom