Microsoft's Latest Dumb Ad: "iPods Cost $30,000 to Fill Up"

this is an l for microsoft. but subscription based downloading is the same as itunes in the aspect that u "own" the music. Its just unlimited dl fora given amount of time, whereas itunes is pay-per-song/album

%%#@ is a zune?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ Dynamic... you can copy and paste... and right click on A Mac... oh and you can put shortcuts on the desktop too
roll.gif

The commercial is flawed in that the Ipod it mentioned can play movies, too--which take up a lot more memory. Thus, you could fill it up much more cheaply ifyou put a bunch of movies on it. Not to mention that I can hardly imagine searching for 30,000 songs to buy off Itunes in the first place.

Zune > Ipod (Classic)

The only thing better about the Ipod is using Itunes as an interface/music library to keep your music intact, because it craps on the Zune library.

As a product, the Zune has better sound quality, is easier to use, and lasts longer. Ipod has all the accessories and what not though.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by tmukg21

the zune thing is only $15*12 months =$180 year

but still the ad is crazy

with iTunes, you own the music
Zune Marketplace is a subscription based service.
so the music "disappears" from my zune/zune "tunes" after a month
grin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm currently on my 3rd iPod since 2004 and i'm still ridin' with Apple.

Yeah my first 2 (Minis
grin.gif
) broke down, but I put them through a lot. Ran them for almost20 hours a day 5 days a week, dropped em, stepped on em, punched people with them, and even dropped one in a fire once.
ohwell.gif

I don't know if a Zune can hang with that.

So they want me to pay $180 for music a year? For music i won't actually own? I've bought a few cds, purchased a few songs from itunes, and it wasnowhere near $180.

People who own Apples are so proud of their purchase that they put Apple logos on their car.
smh.gif

Seriously....you advertise to the world your preference in computer software.

Think about that.

Funny cause I have so much music I need two ipods but what ev's. Microsoft should focus on making their operating systems run better instead of trying toattack Apple. Just look at the their respective stock prices.

Haha microsoft making themselves look bad. But speaking in a sense if you were to buy all your songs with itunes it would add up.

An on going battle. In all honesty i own both and they both have their pros and cons and usually on the software end. In my line of work the window OS is a lotbetter since we use AutoCAD daily. As for everyday life i use my Mac much more especially for pictures since photography is a hobby of mine. As far as iPod vs.Zune, they are both great players. I actually want a zune since i am on my thrid ipod. had one it broke and got it replaced that broke so i bought another one.This one now seems like its crapping out. My cousin has had his zune since it came out. And who buys music...lol

Since this has basically turned into a Microsoft vs. Apple post, I'll put in my two cents. Apple knows how to market and make good products

They're the best at the things that they do: music players, laptops, desktops, OS, phones.

Microsoft isn't the best at what they do. Let's face it..they're either 2nd or 3rd, maybe 1st in the things they do:

OS, productivity software, mobile phone software, Television software, XBox, music player, search, mice and keyboards, graphic design software, surfacecomputing, web portals, automotive software, programming languages, servers, etc. etc.

Basically, Microsoft is the United States in the Olympics, while Apple is Togo.

Back
Top Bottom