Microsoft's Latest Dumb Ad: "iPods Cost $30,000 to Fill Up"

Originally Posted by CWrite78

microsoft's commercials are a joke. especially their laptop hunters ones. they are a software company, why the hell are they making commercials about hardware? from my understanding (haven't really seen all the apple commercials) Apple attack's window's OS, not Dell, HP, Toshiba and whomever else
same here, they're filled with misinformation and i want to beat the crap outta that annoying little %#@% "blu-rayyyyyyyy"

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Since this has basically turned into a Microsoft vs. Apple post, I'll put in my two cents. Apple knows how to market and make good products

They're the best at the things that they do: music players, laptops, desktops, OS, phones.

Microsoft isn't the best at what they do. Let's face it..they're either 2nd or 3rd, maybe 1st in the things they do:

OS, productivity software, mobile phone software, Television software, XBox, music player, search, mice and keyboards, graphic design software, surface computing, web portals, automotive software, programming languages, servers, etc. etc.

Basically, Microsoft is the United States in the Olympics, while Apple is Togo.
i don't know about you but their mobile phone software blows. android is better. os x mobile is better.

xbox, the best? lol, the best at having their machines break on customers?

mice and keyboards? definite no.

music player? windows media? i'd rather use VLC than WMP

we could go on and on but you're being very general in calling microsoft the best at that stuff. they're just a large name.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I don't like how there is no toolbar for me to select Mozilla Firefox, and with one click, get back onto Word or Powerpoint.

So, I guess you got me on the whole laptop price issue, as a good ThinkPad will cost a thousand, but the cheapest version costs close to $600, whereas the cheapest for a MacBook is about $1000. It's really just XP that I like better than Mac OS. I don't like being limited to only a few shortcuts on one bar at the bottom, whereas on PC, I can put shortcuts all over the desktop. Also like having the ability to right-click, copy and paste.

to finger touch to right click on macbook ftw
spaces ftw
command + tab ftw
not being able to figure out how to copy and paste on a mac ftl
smh.gif

(command+c = copy, command + v = paste... if that matters)

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Since this has basically turned into a Microsoft vs. Apple post, I'll put in my two cents. Apple knows how to market and make good products

They're the best at the things that they do: music players, laptops, desktops, OS, phones.

Microsoft isn't the best at what they do. Let's face it..they're either 2nd or 3rd, maybe 1st
Let's face it..they're either 2nd or 3rd, maybe 1st in the things they do:

OS, productivity software, mobile phone software, Television software, XBox, music player, search, mice and keyboards, graphic design software, surface computing, web portals, automotive software, programming languages, servers, etc. etc.
we could go on and on but you're being very general in calling microsoft the best at that stuff.
??????????????????????????????????????

They're mostly 2nd or 3rd, where did you get the best?! Reading is fundamental

Microsoft isn't the best at what they do. Let's face it..they're either 2nd or 3rd, maybe 1st

we could go on and on but you're being very general in calling microsoft the best at that stuff.

how about crossing out 'maybe 1st'
laugh.gif

%#!!, cross out 2nd or 3rd while you're at it.

how about crossing out 'maybe 1st'
laugh.gif

%#!!, cross out 2nd or 3rd while you're at it.
This whole sequence of events is confusing as hell.

But if it's apple vs. Microsoft in terms of sales, Microsoft wins easy in just about all except pmps.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

smh.gif
at all the Apple dRiding / fanboyism

Don't let either of their ad campaigns get to your head.
This is what these threads ALWAYS turn into.

roll.gif
at whoever said Limewire FTW.

I thought that they discontinued the Zune line because they were all messing up. Boy was I wrong
smh.gif

All fanboys are pathetic, and I'll admit that I'm a fanboy of some things myself, but Apple fanboys are on a whole different level. Some of these Applefanboys seriously think that they're better than other people for buying Apple products. And this isn't even my opinion. They made a study on this.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great brand, but it's annoying how they think they're better than others. I'm thinking about switching to aniPod nano, the only reason I don't want to is because I don't want to join the Apple fanboy club... And because I hear they keep breaking down.

Macs are for people who are either:
- media enthusiasts
- ******ed
laugh.gif

- mac hypebeasts / fanboys

laugh.gif
but all in all, I dont know how people can justify paying more for a mac when in most cases there's a pc that can do the exact same thing for acheaper price.

windows 7 > mac OS
pimp.gif

- media enthusiasts
- ******ed
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
but all in all, I dont know how people can justify paying more for a mac when in most cases there's a pc that can do the exact same thing for a cheaper price.

windows 7 > mac OS
pimp.gif

why do they have to have something wrong with them. I'm pretty sure they're aware it's not the ultimate best value. Maybe they just like thembetter and have the money to afford it. (I own a PC)

- media enthusiasts
- ******ed
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
but all in all, I dont know how people can justify paying more for a mac when in most cases there's a pc that can do the exact same thing for a cheaper price.

windows 7 > mac OS
pimp.gif
It's people like you who make me think PC users are generally upset that I cashed out an extra 200 dollars for my apple lap top.
laugh.gif

Honestly, get a life and stop worrying about the next man.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by SuperVi11ain

wait so microsoft hasn't given up on the zune yet??? are you serious
Zune's are actually pretty nice and they are a much better value than Ipods but I agree that the are fighting a losing battle here. There money would be spent in better places like the Xbox division.

agreed, my Zune80 > every ipod ive had except the touch. and im an apple fan. the zune is actually a dope device, the subscription can be used on 3 diffzunes and pcs. i use my brothers pass and dl anything i want
pimp.gif

I don't pay jack for music so IDK what dude is talking about. I exceeded my Ipod capacity a loooong time ago and still have plenty of $ for sneaks. anothermicrosoft fail. I do love my xbox360 though!

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

My brother had the zune and that was the worst. The interface is #!%@ compared to iTunes.
zune80.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

zune_3_of_them.jpg

the new zunes also have new software, which alot of people consider to be far more superior than Itunes. its funny that everyone is calling this commercialdumb when Apple is doing the same !!$% with the Im a MAC/PC ads. nothing said in this commercial is false(even tho the dude is a huge doucher)

more dumb microsoft advertising, if only they could do what they do with video games and just slap their logo at the end of somebody else's commercial
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom